Secret Santa this year?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Secret Santa this year?

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:50 am

I know active participation has dropped off a bit (ok a lot) this year but I was wondering if anyone is up for the Secret Santa art swap this year.

I'm also aware this doesn't leave much time to get things done so it might have to be another Slooooowwww Secret Santa Swap (thumbs up for illiteration :lol: )

Just post if you're interested and I'll work the details out when I know the numbers.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Re: Secret Santa this year?

Postby djracodex on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:26 am

I'm in!
djracodex
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:09 am

I'm in, Santa Schoob.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby LibertyCabbage on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:11 pm

I couldn't join in last time 'cause I didn't have a webcomic, but now I kinda do, so... yeah, sure, why not.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Peripheral Descent on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:11 pm

I'd like to join, too. (I have a comic on another site, but only 7 pages)

Also, as long as we're given some time, lol. Christmas is closing in!
Peripheral Descent
Regular Poster

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:14 am

Peripheral Descent wrote:Also, as long as we're given some time, lol. Christmas is closing in!

Don't worry, we're using the term christmas rather loosely here...
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby [geoduck] on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:58 pm

I'll join, but I have a suggestion- since several of us are already signed up for that other Secret Santa swap, maybe we could make this one a New Year's celebration of some sort; it would give everyone a couple more days to work at least.
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Oooh, I like that, 2014 themed? Future themed? Something themed? :P
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Happy New Year Swap

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:55 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Oooh, I like that, 2014 themed? Future themed? Something themed? :P

Sounds like a plan!
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby [geoduck] on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Another suggestion- instead of doing a one-to-one swap, maybe everyone could just draw a New Year's party with characters from the various strips celebrating together. That way, if even one of us manages to produce something, at least everyone gets something out of it..
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:05 am

[geoduck] wrote:Another suggestion- instead of doing a one-to-one swap, maybe everyone could just draw a New Year's party with characters from the various strips celebrating together. That way, if even one of us manages to produce something, at least everyone gets something out of it..

Well that's workable, there's only six of us this year.
Okay if no-one objects here's the deal:

Draw a New Year's party featuring everybody's characters.
Since it looks like I'm the only one with work set in the current world I'd suggest a 2014 theme, that way everyone gets to draw something different for a change but whatever creative ideas you guys have, run with them.
Late art is okay, we'll just pretend everyone was hungover.

If anybody's comic isn't linked in their sig please post a link in this thread. Ditto if you have multiple comics and would prefer a specific one used.

My comic is on my blog (as is my webnovel if you prefer that).
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:12 pm

Maybe I'll draw one where everyone else is dressed oldy-time style except my poops.

Ha ha ha
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby LibertyCabbage on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:45 pm

Group pix sounds fine. I'm sure I can come up with something bizarre enough.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Peripheral Descent on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:52 pm

This is such a cool idea. :) Everyone here has such a different art style, this'll be fun to see!

My comic is here: http://breathoflife.webcomic.ws/. This links to the cover page, which conveniently shows a shot of all the players in my story. Pick whichever one you feel like drawing. :D
Peripheral Descent
Regular Poster

Postby djracodex on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 am

Can't wait, this is going to be a lot of fun!
So we got Schoob, me, Cuddly, LC, PD, and geoduck so far. Sounds like it going to be a good party so far!
djracodex
Regular Poster

Postby Peripheral Descent on Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Soooo...I forgot to ask (1) when the deadline was and (2) if they needed to be coloured, lol.

I had 5 days off in a row, so I couldn't figure out my comic-comic, so I worked on the Secret Santa instead. In conclusion, I am done! Yay. :) However, I'm not done if we have to colour it, haha, because I totally didn't.

I know I should wait, but I'd like to put this up anyways (because I'll be away from the internet for a few days). So here it is!

http://breathoflife.webcomic.ws/files/santa_copy.jpg

Left-top (flying): Flange the Helipath from Mansion of E, blowing up balloons to try and add more decorations, because stuff kept getting broken and stuff.
Left-bottom (couch): Jak from my comic, holding a giant present in her lap. She's never gotten a present before, so she's just holding it, because she doesn't want to unwrap it yet.
Left-bottom (also on the couch): Freakboy from Freakboy Did a Bad Thing. Not used to happy events, he doesn't want to get his hopes up. In the mean time, he's censoring the little girl beside him from the sexy dancing.
Dancing: left is Harli and on the right is Storm, both from Flying Tigers. They've needed a fun night out for a while, and now it's New Years! Yay. :)
Dancing (middle): Joseph Harper from Loud Era. He's having so much fun dancing with the ladies, poor guy, he doesn't realize he's not their type. >.>
Left-side of the coffee table: Marie Thayer, also from Loud Era.
Standing behind coffee table: Rat from Masadjra. WHICH IS A HARD TITLE TO PRONOUNCE, DJRACODEX!! :O
Sitting right-side of the coffee table: Giome, also from my comic. Mari was flirting with Giome, and Giome was flirting back. He offered to give her a piece of the moon, but only if she could beat him at arm wrestling. Mari took him up on the offer, and started really trying to win. Rat decided to join in so Mari could win, so she's pushing down with all her weight. In the picture, Giome is shouting, Hey, that's cheating! But everyone is laughing and having a good time. :)

Oh, and the Christmas tree is way too big for the room, haha!
Peripheral Descent
Regular Poster

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:25 am

Peripheral Descent wrote:Soooo...I forgot to ask (1) when the deadline was and (2) if they needed to be coloured, lol.

1. "deadline" is kind of a loose term around here at the moment.
2. If you want to, no pressure, we're all laid back around here.

Peripheral Descent wrote:I know I should wait, but I'd like to put this up anyways (because I'll be away from the internet for a few days). So here it is!

Cool! Good job!
Also a night out for my girls that doesn't end in a fight? Wow it's a Xmas Miracle :lol: :lol: XD
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:16 am

Peripheral Descent wrote:Soooo...I forgot to ask (1) when the deadline was and (2) if they needed to be coloured, lol.

I had 5 days off in a row, so I couldn't figure out my comic-comic, so I worked on the Secret Santa instead. In conclusion, I am done! Yay. :) However, I'm not done if we have to colour it, haha, because I totally didn't.

I know I should wait, but I'd like to put this up anyways (because I'll be away from the internet for a few days). So here it is!

Left-top (flying): Flange the Helipath from Mansion of E, blowing up balloons to try and add more decorations, because stuff kept getting broken and stuff.
Left-bottom (couch): Jak from my comic, holding a giant present in her lap. She's never gotten a present before, so she's just holding it, because she doesn't want to unwrap it yet.
Left-bottom (also on the couch): Freakboy from Freakboy Did a Bad Thing. Not used to happy events, he doesn't want to get his hopes up. In the mean time, he's censoring the little girl beside him from the sexy dancing.
Dancing: left is Harli and on the right is Storm, both from Flying Tigers. They've needed a fun night out for a while, and now it's New Years! Yay. :)
Dancing (middle): Joseph Harper from Loud Era. He's having so much fun dancing with the ladies, poor guy, he doesn't realize he's not their type. >.>
Left-side of the coffee table: Marie Thayer, also from Loud Era.
Standing behind coffee table: Rat from Masadjra. WHICH IS A HARD TITLE TO PRONOUNCE, DJRACODEX!! :O
Sitting right-side of the coffee table: Giome, also from my comic. Mari was flirting with Giome, and Giome was flirting back. He offered to give her a piece of the moon, but only if she could beat him at arm wrestling. Mari took him up on the offer, and started really trying to win. Rat decided to join in so Mari could win, so she's pushing down with all her weight. In the picture, Giome is shouting, Hey, that's cheating! But everyone is laughing and having a good time. :)

Oh, and the Christmas tree is way too big for the room, haha!

This is literally the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life <3 <3 <3 :')

PD is it okay if I put this up with a link to you after New Years????

omg Marie's effort face is SOOOOO perfect XD
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Peripheral Descent on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:29 am

RobboAKAscooby wrote:Cool! Good job!
Also a night out for my girls that doesn't end in a fight? Wow it's a Xmas Miracle :lol: :lol: XD

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:This is literally the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life <3 <3 <3 :')

PD is it okay if I put this up with a link to you after New Years????

omg Marie's effort face is SOOOOO perfect XD

I'm so happy you guys like it! And feel free to repost it / link it to your hearts' content, you'll certainly never get any complaints from me!! XD
Peripheral Descent
Regular Poster

Postby [geoduck] on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:04 am

Cool! Very well done!
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to General Discussion