LASERFIST is my comic strip. Pew pew.

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

LASERFIST is my comic strip. Pew pew.

Postby MegaJoshX on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:01 am

Hello, people!

My name is Josh, and via digital alchemy I combine pictures I've drawn with words I've thought of into an online comic strip called LaserFist. Been doing it for almost a year now.

The strip doesn't have any real continuity, however, you can see in the archive that I've experimented with that force before. There aren't any consistent characters...I do insert myself into the strip sometimes, because I am a narcissist. Sometimes shit gets political, although I make a conscious effort to keep that to a minimum. The whole endeavor is thick with NWS, filthy, juvenile humor, so be warned: There's dicks in it. Some doodoo as well, actually, but it's all rendered in a rather cartoonish style, so hopefully you won't be too disgusted if you decide to check it out. There's many pop culture references from the 80's and 90's, so I should mention there's a chance that the young amongst you may find yourselves a smidge confused.

Here's the latest strip:

And here's a link to the archive page:

http://www.laserfist.com/archive/

I tend to view this as a dinky little art project - notice there aren't any advertisements, and I'm not selling anything (although I might try at some point in the future). I invite critique!

I put a LOT of work into it - so thanks for checking it out, if you did. If you didn't, then you likely aren't reading this either, which means I can say whatever I want without pissing you off. With that in mind: YOU ARE A CANCER UPON THIS EARTH. MAY LOVE BE FOREVER ABSENT FROM YOUR EXISTENCE. The rest of you are awesome, however, and I appreciate the moment. Have a great day! :D

~ Josh
Here's a small subset of actual search terms people are using to find LaserFist on Google.

pussy wars
mitt romney comic
poop in a group
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
rectum raiders
the fuck is wrong with you
vintage first anal
poop troll
the centre cannot hold
poop band

http://www.laserfist.com
MegaJoshX

Re: LASERFIST is my comic strip. Pew pew.

Postby LibertyCabbage on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:32 pm

I briefly checked out the comic, and about half of the strips aren't loading for me for some reason.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby MegaJoshX on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Strange..they're all loading for me. Blue Host can be kinda wonky sometimes. I apologize, but thanks for making the attempt. In return, I shall check out yours =D
Here's a small subset of actual search terms people are using to find LaserFist on Google.

pussy wars
mitt romney comic
poop in a group
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
rectum raiders
vintage first anal
poop troll
the centre cannot hold
poop band

MegaJoshX

Postby MegaJoshX on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:11 pm

...and I see by clicking your signature that you run some kinda Webcomic Police force, not an actual webcomic. INTERESTING! I shall check that out instead. At least one of the incoming clicks from here to your site that appear in your server logs inside the next few minutes will be from me.

pussy wars
mitt romney comic
poop in a group
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
rectum raiders
vintage first anal
poop troll
the centre cannot hold
poop band

MegaJoshX

Postby LibertyCabbage on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:44 am

MegaJoshX wrote:Strange..they're all loading for me. Blue Host can be kinda wonky sometimes.

I checked out the page source, and I think my anti-virus at work's blocking some of the files because they're gigantic. Some of the pages are in the range of 2-5MB, which is way too big. I saved one of your 4MB files, shrunk it to a normal width (800 pixels), and saved it using Photoshop's "Save for Web" feature, and just doing that brought the size down to 700KB. Getting it to under 500KB or so would probably be ideal, since otherwise readers with slower Internet connections might get impatient waiting for the pages to load.

MegaJoshX wrote:...and I see by clicking your signature that you run some kinda Webcomic Police force, not an actual webcomic. INTERESTING! I shall check that out instead. At least one of the incoming clicks from here to your site that appear in your server logs inside the next few minutes will be from me.

I'm glad you're checking out my reviews. I post a new one there every Tuesday. I also post them in the TT&T forum here.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby MegaJoshX on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks for the tips - I'll take a look around the archive and see what needs to be compressed. All of this is kind've a learning process for me, so I appreciate the advice.

pussy wars
mitt romney comic
poop in a group
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
rectum raiders
vintage first anal
poop troll
the centre cannot hold
poop band

MegaJoshX