What made YOU happy today?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Postby Prettysenshi on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Mo wrote:Congrats, I think. How come? Drama?

I use FB very little myself.

No drama. Honestly I used it like every 30 minutes every day for like 6 years. But this year I really wanted to be more private and I realized that I was documenting my whole life to a lot more people than I'd like. Not because I wanted to but because hell, that's what facebook is. Especially now with timeline where it shows every post and picture you've ever made on facebook and gets rid of most of your privacy settings.

So I asked myself "what was life like before social networking??" I couldn't remember, and decided then it was time to let it go.
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Re: creepy jilted lover.....

Postby Prettysenshi on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Cope wrote:
McDuffies wrote:I got e-mail yesterday reminding me that it's been two months since I last used facebook and that I should see about that.

Facebook creeps me out, man.

That is legit creepy? So they track who does and doens't use facebook too?
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Postby K-Dawg on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:25 pm

I always see Facebook as it is what you want it to be.

I've been on it for a long time and I hardly ever post anything "personal". Heck I use it mostly to post things I find funny, videos, and to troll one of my buddies non-stop.

If there wasn't an app for it on blackberry I'd probably be on it once a week at most.

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Re: creepy jilted lover.....

Postby McDuffies on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:14 am

Prettysenshi wrote:
Cope wrote:
McDuffies wrote:I got e-mail yesterday reminding me that it's been two months since I last used facebook and that I should see about that.

Facebook creeps me out, man.

That is legit creepy? So they track who does and doens't use facebook too?

Well, any database will log when any user logged the last time. You could say it's pushy because it's default settings are set to spam your mail with reminders and nudges that you don't care for. I could turn them off, but then I'd probably never remember to use it again.
Most often people are creeped out by things like targeted ads, like when ads it displays are specifically for your area, or tailored to your interests that you expressed elsewhere. That gives a real feeling of someone watching over your shoulder.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Lol, so last month I got promoted to be a moderator at SmackJeeves, and already am experiencing the joys of when you lock someone's thread and they send you an inflammatory PM :lol:
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:51 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Lol, so last month I got promoted to be a moderator at SmackJeeves, and already am experiencing the joys of when you lock someone's thread and they send you an inflammatory PM :lol:

Ooh ooh! Details needed, come on share the fun :D
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby LibertyCabbage on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:02 am

Tell 'em not to be a douchenozzle. Forums gotta be shared by everyone.

One of my nerdfriends e-mailed me his D&D character sheet, and I noticed that he used a fan art drawing of Komiyan for his character portrait. I asked him if he's a fan of Darken, and he said he never heard of it, and it was just a cool-looking picture he found on DeviantArt. It's cool to see how far Darken's come since it started out on CG in 2003.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:32 am

RobboAKAscooby wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Lol, so last month I got promoted to be a moderator at SmackJeeves, and already am experiencing the joys of when you lock someone's thread and they send you an inflammatory PM :lol:

Ooh ooh! Details needed, come on share the fun :D

Essentially, this fellow started a thread that really either wasn't going to go anywhere, or was going to go downhill very fast, basically seeking to incite a spriter argument. I locked it with somewhat of a lighthearted message- or so I thought. The OP then sent me a PM and told me to eat a dick, and after that reported the post I made when I locked the thread. Since I was the only moderator online, it was bad form for me to deal with the report. I gave him a warning saying not to harass people via PM and that if he has a problem w ith a moderator decision he should bring it up respectfully. He Pmed me back saying "I did that, but no one dealt with it, huh i wonder why." No silly boy, you didn't write up your relatively well-thought-out and educated report until after you had already sent me the inflammatory private message, so you don't really get to claim the Big Person high ground there :P

That was the end of it, I decided it was better not to call him on it since he probably got it out of his system. I mostly thought it was funny because he acted like I had done the *most horribly insulting and personal attack* by locking his thread, AND apparently thinks I'm a boy :lol: I guess it's something I'll get used to as time goes on. Kinda wish someone else had been online at that time to help me out, though.

LibertyCabbage wrote:Tell 'em not to be a douchenozzle. Forums gotta be shared by everyone.

One of my nerdfriends e-mailed me his D&D character sheet, and I noticed that he used a fan art drawing of Komiyan for his character portrait. I asked him if he's a fan of Darken, and he said he never heard of it, and it was just a cool-looking picture he found on DeviantArt. It's cool to see how far Darken's come since it started out on CG in 2003.

That's really awesome. It's big enough now that people know about it without knowing about it.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:18 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:AND apparently thinks I'm a boy :lol:

Don't you go by mitchell something over there?
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:04 am

RobboAKAscooby wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:AND apparently thinks I'm a boy :lol:

Don't you go by mitchell something over there?

I do, and I often have a male avatar. But a quick trip to my site profile I have listed as female, so anyone wanting to do minimal research would easily find such information. It just adds to the humor of the situation.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:15 am

Hopped on and found five spam threads to lock and move. I don't know why that would make me happy, but for some odd reason it did.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby IVstudios on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Just added 8 gigs of ram to my desk top. Holy balls is this thing fast now! Photoshop boots up in 2 seconds instead of it's normal 15 – 20 8-)
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:30 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:That was the end of it, I decided it was better not to call him on it since he probably got it out of his system. I mostly thought it was funny because he acted like I had done the *most horribly insulting and personal attack* by locking his thread, AND apparently thinks I'm a boy :lol: I guess it's something I'll get used to as time goes on. Kinda wish someone else had been online at that time to help me out, though.

You gotta love people on internet. I had dozens of variations of that situations, nowadays they all seem hillarious, but back in those times, I tended to get really upset about every little incident.

I have decided to brag about the fact that once upon a time, she asked me personally for a review!

Hopped on and found five spam threads to lock and move. I don't know why that would make me happy, but for some odd reason it did.

It can be cathartic. But now it's also like sharing a kitchen with someone sloppy - before I can use forums, I always have to clean them up first.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby NotSoLOLcats on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:36 pm

I made a homemade Earl Grey Tea latte and it actually tasted good!

:3
NotSoLOLcats

Postby McDuffies on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:10 am

Oh, how did you make it? Did you dry tea leaves yourself? BWAHAHAHA!

But seriously, how'd you make it?
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby robotthepirate on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:44 am

McDuffies wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:That was the end of it, I decided it was better not to call him on it since he probably got it out of his system. I mostly thought it was funny because he acted like I had done the *most horribly insulting and personal attack* by locking his thread, AND apparently thinks I'm a boy :lol: I guess it's something I'll get used to as time goes on. Kinda wish someone else had been online at that time to help me out, though.

You gotta love people on internet. I had dozens of variations of that situations, nowadays they all seem hillarious, but back in those times, I tended to get really upset about every little incident.

When was the last time you had to block a thread anyhows? Usually these days it's just delete the spam.

It can be cathartic. But now it's also like sharing a kitchen with someone sloppy - before I can use forums, I always have to clean them up first.

Reckon I'd be quite good at keeping this place clean when I'm here. Usually in the mornings of my days off I load up Fbook and the forum, see if anythings happening, then leave it all running in the background. I could be like a live in cleaner.

Or maybe I'm just jealous of Cuddly. :P :shucks:

IVstudios wrote:Just added 8 gigs of ram to my desk top. Holy balls is this thing fast now! Photoshop boots up in 2 seconds instead of it's normal 15 – 20 8-)
Wouldn't mind doing that. Hopefully getting a new laptop soon anyway.

Bit of spending spree too atm. Bought Proff Layton: Pandora's Box and Civilization for the ds ready for holidays and signed up for a new phone contract, nothing too special but it's £5 a month and I'll be able to call the wive for free, she's usually the only person I call so it makes sense.
Image Image Image Image
robotthepirate
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:47 am

robotthepirate wrote:
McDuffies wrote:

When was the last time you had to block a thread anyhows? Usually these days it's just delete the spam.

I honestly can't remember the last time a thread was locked over here. It sometimes feels like wee're so choked out for users that even the most irrelevant or misplaced threads don't get clamped down on, since what does it matter, they'll die off in a day or two anyway for the most part. (This isn't a fault of the mods or anything, just the reality of an accutely diminished userbase)
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Ever since this forum became deadland and some time before that. These days I don't even block threads for being posted in wrong forum and such.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby IVstudios on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:11 pm

My health insurance premium went down. :D
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:09 am

Finally got power back.
IVstudios