KICKARSE SINGLE OR DOUBLE PANEL COMIC STRIPS FOR WOMEN.

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

KICKARSE SINGLE OR DOUBLE PANEL COMIC STRIPS FOR WOMEN.

Postby BagMan on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:14 am

In the space of a single or double panel comic strip, with or without text in bubbles, can you make a strong statement and/or tell a story with impact? If you can please get in touch. The story or statement could be funny or serious and/or include an interesting quote and/or make a statement about a subject like,say, feminism, philosophy, something currently in the news etc. I believe the strips would be best done in a retro Roy Lichensteinesque style, but I am open to suggestions. The artwork is to be printed on bags for women; on a 'canvas' area that is 13cm high and 9cm wide. I would also be looking to suggest monologues/dialogues that your artwork could turn into great comic strips.

I am particularly interested in comic strips that might humorously and/or cleverly poke fun at the ideal that men are stronger than women. In fact I have an idea for such a strip that I think should be one of the first strips you create for these bags.

I think the best way for me to know if we can work together is to view work you have done before.

I would like to start with just one or two such strips but it is likely that in the near future I will want a constant supply of such strips from several artists and me paying a steady stream of fees to participating artists is a possibility. Presently, I cannot pay much per strip because I am really bootstrapping to get my bag business off the ground. However in the future I might be in the position to pay more per strip.

(I think this is the right section to post this)
BagMan

Re: KICKARSE SINGLE OR DOUBLE PANEL COMIC STRIPS FOR WOMEN.

Postby Bustertheclown on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:00 pm

What's the ballpark fee you're thinking of at the moment?
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Postby BagMan on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:54 am

Bustertheclown wrote:What's the ballpark fee you're thinking of at the moment?

Hi,

Around the £100 mark, when the business picks up I will probably pay considerably more than that. I intend to use a business model that really does encourage artists of a high calibre to repeatedly create artwork for the bags/business. So depending on how the bags bearing the artwork you create sell there is likely to be more money coming your way too. I intend
BagMan

Postby Bustertheclown on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:37 am

Could you provide any examples of how the product would look, or examples of the type of work you might be looking for? Also, contact info?
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Postby BagMan on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:11 pm

Bustertheclown wrote:Could you provide any examples of how the product would look, or examples of the type of work you might be looking for? Also, contact info?

Hi,
Apologies for the late reply.
Other than what I have already included I cannot reveal that much at this stage. You can holler at me at patentpendingbagsystem@gmail.com (If I am not supposed to leave contact details here my apologies to the moderators).

At this website http://mitchoconnell.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... ngest.html About a third of the way down there is a cartoon of a man and a woman kissing and the man is saying,"Somebody once said.......". And the one after the one after this. These are a good rough idea of what I am after except that I would be looking to flip the conversation bubble so that the women are stronger or at least not portrayed as weaker. And make the cartoons brighter.

Would love to see some of your work.

Regards
BagMan

Postby brown on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:49 pm

good comments.............
brown

Postby BagMan on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:48 am

brown wrote:good comments.............

Thanks.
BagMan

Return to General Discussion