Hey, Cuddly...

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Hey, Cuddly...

Postby IVstudios on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:16 pm

Yeahduff wrote:It's a goofy thing born from hip hop culture that for some reason persists.

It originated in prisons, because of badly fitted uniforms and lack of belts. Caught on because I guess having served time made you tough, and people wanted to look tough.

Now they even make special suspenders so you don't have to constantly hold your own pants up, and "tiny suspenders that hold up my oversized pants" is probably the least-tough thing I can think of. So It's all come full circle or something.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby peterabnny on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:47 am

IVstudios wrote:
Yeahduff wrote:It's a goofy thing born from hip hop culture that for some reason persists.

It originated in prisons, because of badly fitted uniforms and lack of belts. Caught on because I guess having served time made you tough, and people wanted to look tough.

I've heard this as well. Although why you'd want to emulate prison convicts is beyond me.
"I've come to accept a lot of what's wrong with this world, and there's not much I can do about it." - Johnny "Rotten" Lydon

Old school comic. New school flavor. Updated monthly.
http://www.crittersonline.org
peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:01 am

I thought it was just shat pants were getting more and more shallow in pelvis area, so eventually it came to the point where you couldn't physically make thongs that shallow, and then it spread to other kinds of underwear. The prison thing makes no sense whatsoever, but so do people in general.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby robotthepirate on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:37 pm

Prisoners wearing trousers half way down their legs has got to be playing to a stereotype.
Image Image Image Image
robotthepirate
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion