Hey, Cuddly...

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Hey, Cuddly...

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:27 am

peterabnny wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:This thread was once about antique cars

Yeah, I started a thread about classic cars and Cuddly's comic and it turned into a convo about body hair. Guess it's too late to post a pic about my own classic. But on the bright side, my thread is up to two pages and still growing... :eyebrow:

Eh, post it anyway, when the thread is off-topic, everything's on topic!
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby peterabnny on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:07 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Eh, post it anyway, when the thread is off-topic, everything's on topic!

Well, if you insist... Here ya go, Cuddly - my friend Chris' '72 Olds on right, my '71 Buick, middle, and Dave's '62 Chev on left.

:wink:

I like to incorporate some Atomic Age styles in the background when I'm able (yeah, I know - further proof of the old school way I do things). Usually that manifests itself in the way I design cars.

Incidently, how many women like to wear thongs? I kinda had the impression that that in a blind taste test, they'd prefer more material in their posterior...
"I've come to accept a lot of what's wrong with this world, and there's not much I can do about it." - Johnny "Rotten" Lydon

Old school comic. New school flavor. Updated monthly.
http://www.crittersonline.org
peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:29 am

I thought you were gonna post pictures of your classic hairy legs. :(
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

FURRIES. FURRIES EVERYWHERE

Postby Cope on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:16 pm

His furry legs?
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby Yeahduff on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:03 pm

peterabnny wrote:Incidently, how many women like to wear thongs? I kinda had the impression that that in a blind taste test, they'd prefer more material in their posterior...

Amongst the young and the fashionable, they're pretty popular. Again, not for perceived sexiness so much as avoiding embarrassing lines in their clothes.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Postby Yeahduff on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Also, hairy legs>cars
Yeahduff

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Yeahduff wrote:
peterabnny wrote:Incidently, how many women like to wear thongs? I kinda had the impression that that in a blind taste test, they'd prefer more material in their posterior...

Amongst the young and the fashionable, they're pretty popular. Again, not for perceived sexiness so much as avoiding embarrassing lines in their clothes.

Perceived sexiness was the reason for the girls that used to wear them in middle school, though. And I don't think lines in clothes is a valid reason when a person's bottom-half wardrobe consists mostly of baggidy sweatpants. But maybe that was just Jersey.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:05 am

Did they have them peeking out of pants? There's a fashion trend you could really laugh at.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 am

McDuffies wrote:Did they have them peeking out of pants? There's a fashion trend you could really laugh at.

Yup! The "sexy" factor was in part derived from how high up on your hips/waist you could pull the thong straps. So many degrees of weirdness.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:47 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:
McDuffies wrote:Did they have them peeking out of pants? There's a fashion trend you could really laugh at.

Yup! The "sexy" factor was in part derived from how high up on your hips/waist you could pull the thong straps. So many degrees of weirdness.

And there I thought wedgies were for nerds.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:07 pm

McDuffies wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:

And there I thought wedgies were for nerds.

Only if someone else gives you them. Self-inflicted wedgies are highly desirable.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

That's definitely a fetish.

Postby Cope on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Is it even sexier if you shove yourself into a locker?
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby McDuffies on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:34 pm

Lockerheads were the big thing when I was in high school.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby peterabnny on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:15 am

Cope wrote:His furry legs?

Meh, when you've seen one pair you've seen 'em all... 8-)

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Perceived sexiness was the reason for the girls that used to wear them in middle school, though. And I don't think lines in clothes is a valid reason when a person's bottom-half wardrobe consists mostly of baggidy sweatpants. But maybe that was just Jersey.

That's starting to make more sense to me. The mindset becomes the younger the wearer, the sexier a thong becomes. How much of a woman's wardrobe would consist of items that need to hide a panty line? I wouldn't think it's all that much as far as I've seen; at least, enough to warrant having a drawer full of them. That would also explain why so much of Victoria's Secret catalogs contain thong panties - as the joke goes, after 30 Victoria's secret is how she can still fit into those skimpy outfits. :wink:

You mean like this example?

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't necessarily mean you SHOULD... :eyebrow:
"I've come to accept a lot of what's wrong with this world, and there's not much I can do about it." - Johnny "Rotten" Lydon

Old school comic. New school flavor. Updated monthly.
http://www.crittersonline.org
peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:50 am

Some people just never learned or cared to find clothes that fit them properly :(

But you know what, we can't see her buttcrack. At least she has that covered. Pardon the pun. That was always fun, waiting to get my order taken at one of my school's food areas, and someone'd be sitting on the barstool in front of where I was standing, revealing to anyone within that 180 degree radius the depths of their gluteal canyon. Luckily I'm not a person to lose my appetite and get The Vapors at such a sight, since hey, we all have'em, but part of me always wanted to tap them on the shoulder and let them know, in case it was something they weren't aware of, but part of me knew deep down they bought those pants for a reason :(
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby robotthepirate on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:09 am

Does anyone else have lads walking around these days with their trousers halfway down their legs? What's that about?
Especially on the bus, you have people with there feet up on the seats then next person to sit down is some kid with his boxers out.

I don't do fashion, if it's sexy and practical then that's fine but if your going to be uncomfortable just to look good for others you're just being vane.
Image Image Image Image
robotthepirate
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Methinks 90% of fashion trends look ridiculous in retrospect.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby IVstudios on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:38 pm

robotthepirate wrote:Does anyone else have lads walking around these days with their trousers halfway down their legs?

Yeah, back in the 90's. Get with the times, man. You're a good 20 years behind the ridiculous clothing trends.

Now it's all about the Crocs.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Yeahduff on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:09 pm

To be fair he's apparently on the other side of the Atlantic.

It's a goofy thing born from hip hop culture that for some reason persists.

No shocker jr high kids are misunderstanding the utility of the thong. They'll learn.
Yeahduff

Postby Yeahduff on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:20 pm

robotthepirate wrote:I don't do fashion, if it's sexy and practical then that's fine but if your going to be uncomfortable just to look good for others you're just being vane.

There's something to be said for looking good for its own sake, though. Not what I do, mind, but it is a strategy of being.

lol, crocs
Yeahduff

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion