calendar not displaying properly on secondary pages

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

calendar not displaying properly on secondary pages

Postby chainmailbikini on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:07 pm

For some reason the calendar on my secondary pages (about, links, cast, and archive) is not showing newer updates. My main pages (index, and daily templates) along with the calendar on the archive page (but not the one in the archive nav) show updates for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 10th, and 17th. The secondary pages are not showing the 17th.

These secondary pages were uploaded in the webpages folder along with my nav.html file which is an include file I used on all the secondary pages.

I triggered a full update last night to see if that helped anything.

I'm using adobe dreamweaver to code in. I've noticed this problem in both IE and mozilla.

Any help would be appreciated.
Jason
chainmailbikini
Regular Poster

Re: calendar not displaying properly on secondary pages

Postby LibertyCabbage on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:28 pm

When the calendar's on the home page, the CG script doesn't make the latest date a hyperlink because it would just pointlessly link to the same comic page you already see. Instead, it gives the date a white background to indicate that it's the latest page.

I think your use of the include file may be throwing off either the browsers or the script, causing the supplemental pages to display this "home page version" of the calendar. If that's the case, then copy-pasting your navigation code into each separate HTML file should fix the problem.

However, I don't see this problem as being significant, as readers should already be aware that the latest comic's on the home page, which can be easily be accessed from any page on the site by clicking on the Chainmail Bikini logo, or by clicking the "Latest" button located above and below every comic page.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Re: calendar not displaying properly on secondary pages

Postby chainmailbikini on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:09 pm

That makes sense. Yeah I'll probably just leave it that way since the alternative would be to manually update the nav on all the secondaries if I ever want to change it. Thanks again!
chainmailbikini
Regular Poster

Return to Help Center