How are you doing, comic-wise?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: How are you doing, comic-wise?

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue May 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Warren wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Because I am a smart prison
How does one break out of you?

the structure is actually not up to code. it was never inspected, everyone just hopes there's never a fire or other scenario that would lead to persons in authority noticing the disobedience.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Sun May 27, 2012 9:17 am

Been wracking my brain for the past week trying to figure out what the hell I'm going to do for Chapter 6 of Inhumation. Finally got it this morning while I was flipping through some old notes on various story idea's I'd jotted down. Managed to get the whole chapter outline banged out it a little over an hour. :D Very excited to start working on it.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby K-Dawg on Sun May 27, 2012 9:24 am

2 pages are complete and ready to go for the new comic.

Page 3 is in it's rough stage, and I have pages 4 to 7 thumbnailed out. Looks unlikely I'll be able to start off with 2 updates a week but I can hopefully build enough of a buffer to get to it. If I actually apply myself I am confident I would be able to do 2 comics a week. If I really pushed myself and was anti-social for a weekend I could probably churn out 4-5 comics.

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Postby Lostmind on Tue May 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Uploaded comic today praying hard in updates tomorrow.
Lostmind
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:52 am

You GUYS, I got my first semi-critical comment from a stranger today ;u;

Now I am a real potato. <3
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:59 am

But have you been trashed by an internet critic?
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:59 pm

McDuffies wrote:But have you been trashed by an internet critic?

No. Yeahduff does't hate my comic enough. :x :cry:
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby K-Dawg on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:27 pm

New comic started, I forgot this is how you feel when you update.

K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Postby Terotrous on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:05 pm

K-Dawg wrote:New comic started, I forgot this is how you feel when you update.

You'd be amazed how fast it gets old.

But we welcome back the former people's champ! May his reign of glory be long and... orange?
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero

Postby K-Dawg on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:39 am

I never stopped being the People's Champ. The people always had me in their hearts.

K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Postby Komiyan on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:51 am

I never stopped believing!
Komiyan
HOLD ON TO YOUR INTERNETS!!

Postby McDuffies on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:48 am

But you did stop posting. :x
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby K-Dawg on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:43 pm

McDuffies wrote:But you did stop posting. :x

All part of the plan McDuff. Wanted to see who the true believers were.

I now know who to trust and who to push into the mud.

K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Postby McDuffies on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:33 am

...and who to give cookies to.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby K-Dawg on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:43 am

Why would I give Mo to people? She's not mine to give you inconsiderate cat.

K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Postby McDuffies on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:31 am

Oh I see. You want to keep her all by yourself!
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby shuckingoysters on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:20 am

Mleh, I think the honeymoon period's over. I'm currently debating with myself as to whether to completely redo tomorrow and Friday's comics tonight so they don't suck so badly, while also rescripting the decidedly glacial pacing for the next two weeks so I can actually get to the autumn storyline in, well, autumn.
shuckingoysters
Regular Poster

Postby peterabnny on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:05 am

Getting ready to start on the next ep (Part 10) of Critters. Part 9 is here in case anyone's interested: http://www.crittersonline.org/. After having my ass handed to me by LC and Scooby, coupled with positive feedback and conversation gotten from a couple of people on FurAffinity.net, I've been on this continuous improvement kick like never before. Part 9 is a first for me as I used next to no Liquid Paper in its inking - the Scooby influence. Previously, I used it liberally to get nice, tight, clean lines. Now if I get a stray line I'm going to keep working and working at it until it's smoothed out, resulting in varying line thicknesses. Scoob, as per your WAY review (that I still intend on responding to) am I at least pointed in the right direction with that one?

You guys have also finally broken me of my judging my creative self-worth based on the number of people I have following me. Being pounded into the ground and being forced to completely rebuild tends to change your perspective, I guess. On FA you get to see how many people are watching you right at a glance, and before I'd pay attention to the number as well as the rate at which you pick up fans, always despairing at the low numbers. Now, I just scroll right by it, scarcely paying attention. It's just noise to me now. My attitude is piss on popularity; all I'm intersted in is building a better comic. To that end I can easily see myself as perpetually not doing well enough: "I don't care if this particular comic has earned me a dozen fans and more positive comments than I can sort through - IT'S STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!" At the very least, I guess, once LC and Scooby give me good grades, THEN I'll finally be satisfied with the work I'm doing. :wink:

There was something else, but I can't think of it ATM and I gotta go back to work. *sigh* :cry:
"I've come to accept a lot of what's wrong with this world, and there's not much I can do about it." - Johnny "Rotten" Lydon

Old school comic. New school flavor. Updated monthly.
http://www.crittersonline.org
peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby robotthepirate on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:26 am

That looks awesome, Peter! Much slicker image, and actually a lot more 10s (what do we call this decade anyway!)

Inspiring me to do some more RTP (which hasn't updated in far too long) and I would but the Wife will be home soon so I shouldn't get started at anything.

Also inspiring me to have a look at the WAY thread again.
Image Image Image Image
robotthepirate
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:29 am

peterabnny wrote:Getting ready to start on the next ep (Part 10) of Critters. Part 9 is here in case anyone's interested: http://www.crittersonline.org/. After having my ass handed to me by LC and Scooby, coupled with positive feedback and conversation gotten from a couple of people on FurAffinity.net, I've been on this continuous improvement kick like never before. Part 9 is a first for me as I used next to no Liquid Paper in its inking - the Scooby influence. Previously, I used it liberally to get nice, tight, clean lines. Now if I get a stray line I'm going to keep working and working at it until it's smoothed out, resulting in varying line thicknesses. Scoob, as per your WAY review (that I still intend on responding to) am I at least pointed in the right direction with that one?

You guys have also finally broken me of my judging my creative self-worth based on the number of people I have following me. Being pounded into the ground and being forced to completely rebuild tends to change your perspective, I guess. On FA you get to see how many people are watching you right at a glance, and before I'd pay attention to the number as well as the rate at which you pick up fans, always despairing at the low numbers. Now, I just scroll right by it, scarcely paying attention. It's just noise to me now. My attitude is piss on popularity; all I'm intersted in is building a better comic. To that end I can easily see myself as perpetually not doing well enough: "I don't care if this particular comic has earned me a dozen fans and more positive comments than I can sort through - IT'S STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!" At the very least, I guess, once LC and Scooby give me good grades, THEN I'll finally be satisfied with the work I'm doing. :wink:

There was something else, but I can't think of it ATM and I gotta go back to work. *sigh* :cry:

I just clicked the link and already like the new splash/banner/title thingie.

Good luck with your quest for improvement, friend :) I'm on a similar kick right now as well. I'm looking to buy a few educational art books because I'm finding that a lot of criticisms I think about other comics apply to my own as well, and it's time to stop floatin' and start swimmin', if you will. I also want to do some more work fixing up the coding and design of my site, but it's functional for now so I'll worry about that later.

I have ~17 pages left in this chapter and I'm really hungry to finish them before August 8, at which point it will mark a year since i started this damn chapter :lol: I doubt I'll be able to do it in time, but I've been looking at some wretched deviantart pictures and feel encouraged and inspired.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion