How To Save The World - Tales of a boy and his robot

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

How To Save The World - Tales of a boy and his robot

Postby MrEff on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Greetings Comic Genesis'ers! It's been quite some time since I've been back here but I bring you my latest (and greatest) effort. How To Save The World is a graphic novel style webcomic that updates every Wednesday and Friday. It revolves around a boy named Sam who believes he's been abandoned at his Grand Pa's run down farm (in the middle of nowhere) for the summer. No TV and no one around for miles ensure that this will be the longest most boring summer for our hero ever. That is until Sam finds Red (short for R.E.D.C.U.). Originally perceived to be a pile of junk Sam kick starts his new friend into action... and it seems Red has some secret powers, and that's just to start... Follow Sam and Red as they battle monsters, Sky Pirates, and world domination by the most feared vegetable of all....

Volume one has been scripted out with plans for up to seven more. Characters/Story/Script by yours truly. Amazing artwork by Tyler Shepard. There are some nods and homages to our inspirations sprinkled throughout but it's all in good fun. This comic has a little bit of everything for everyone.... We're 23 pages in and going strong... We'll have freebies very soon for download (Wallpapers and such) We invite comments on the site (constructive please!) as well as reviews here! We do have an active Facebook page and Twitter account as well! We also welcome link trade!

Enjoy How To Save The World and I'll leave you with a cast shot, some sketches, and Pg 1.

-MrEff-

Attachments
HTSTWcast.jpg
(624.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MrEff
Regular Poster

Re: How To Save The World - Tales of a boy and his robot

Postby That guy on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:52 pm

What's working: Fantastic! It's a fun read so far - Line quality is good, art is bright and cheerful but easy on the eyes, and the premise has loads of potential for comedy or action. The evil Beet Creature is a great design, and I'm interested to see where you'll go with the story. Also enjoyed the Calvin & Hobbes homage. ;) Excellent start!

Suggestions: Not a ton of criticism, but I always try to be helpful and honest... so - your image size is pretty big. Even on a little 13-inch screen, the comic is HUGE. By reducing your comic page to 60%-75% its current size, you will load faster, your readers will get to see more without scrolling, and the images will look even more crisp and professional. Win-win-win.

Keep regular posts & I can see this building a big fan-base quickly!

PS - You've got an extra ".com" in your signature banner, makes it load wrong & go to a junk site.
Last edited by That guy on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That guy
Cartoon Hero

Postby MrEff on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks That Guy! Sorry it took so long for me to get back (busy with the comic and such ;D) I'll be scaling the comics down file-sizewise (gah why didn't I think of that!) Glad you're enjoying it!! We're having a ton of fun!!

For everyone else here's my March bump! And another image!!! Tell us what you like and what you think we could improve! Again I ask for constructive criticism, we've had enough letters from P.E.T.B. (like P.E.T.A. but for Beets).

MrEff
Regular Poster

Postby MrEff on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Bump for the month of April! Coming up on 50 pages and new characters!!

We're dying to know what you think!!! Reviews here and feel free to comment on the site!!

http://www.howtosavetheworldcomic.com
MrEff
Regular Poster

Postby MrEff on Fri May 18, 2012 8:44 am

Bump for May!! 58 pages and going strong!! We update every Wednesday and Friday! Follow us on Ink Outbreak, Twitter, and Facebook!

We love comments so don't be shy about leaving one on the comic!! Free Wallpapers for download and contests coming soon! (How good are you at baking cakes?)

-MrEff-
MrEff
Regular Poster

Postby MrEff on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:43 pm

My artist has threatened to start punching kittens if we don't start getting comments... He's crazy and I'm scared he'll do it... I'm not asking for us... I'm asking for the kittens!!!

http://www.howtosavetheworldcomic.com

-MrEff-
MrEff
Regular Poster

Postby MrEff on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Thanks corey!! Glad you're enjoying :D Nooo that's Sam's GrandPa but I can see the resemblence!

For those of you who haven't seen yet... Check Us Out! 75 pages of adventure!!

Here's a taste!

We're going to be looking for guest comics and illustrations soon as the first book should be coming to a close in 25ish pages or so! Drop me a line here or through the comic!

Follow us on Ink Outbreak, Twitter, and Facebook
MrEff
Regular Poster

Postby MegaJoshX on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:17 am

Dude, I love your art. Good stuff, nice'n bold.
Here's a small subset of actual search terms people are using to find LaserFist on Google.

pussy wars
mitt romney comic
poop in a group
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
rectum raiders
the fuck is wrong with you
vintage first anal
poop troll
the centre cannot hold
poop band

http://www.laserfist.com
MegaJoshX