[JOINING] Signed up, but no verify email? Check here.

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Re: [JOINING] Signed up, but no verify email? Check here.

Postby okamiershin on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:12 pm

I am currently trying to join comic genesis, and while I did get a verify e-mail, after I input the verification code it asks me for an activation code, which I did not get in the e-mail. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I'm really looking forward to joining Comic Genesis, Please help me.
okamiershin

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:03 am

You're going to need to provide a little bit more information so that we can work out where you are currently stuck.

Can you let us know what you have done so far, and tell us your comic name please?
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby okamiershin on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:31 pm

of course, forgive my lack of information.

Comic Name: Through all of Celestia

Username: Celestia

I have inputted the verification code into the form the link in the e-mail provided, however, upon doing so, it immediately asked for an "activation code" which I do not have and/or did not receive. I'm not sure if I should be getting my password (it has been six days since I inputted the verification code) without inputting the activation code first, though, so I'm really not sure if the wait for the password has even started yet...

I tried registering again to see if maybe it was just a glitch I could easily avoid via a redo registration, under a different username (and e-mail) of course, okamiershin, and it did the same thing to me...no activation code.

After that though, I figured its best I take it to the forums.
okamiershin

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:33 pm

Neither account is showing live, however Celestia is showing up on the submissions made awaiting creation page. This means that seven days (maybe 8 or 9) after you activated Celestia it should go live, and you'll get the Welcome Email (which I think now has a password).

So my advice at the moment is to wait a few days and see if the Celestia account goes active.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby okamiershin on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:35 pm

Ah, very good. : D

thank you very much for all your help~!
okamiershin

Postby jtorres324 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Hello!

I received my verification e-mail and code but the page will not load and keeps giving me a page load error or 404.

My comic is registered under the name Clementine

I Registered today: 3/30/2009.

I work off of wireless internet at my apartment, I believe the service provider is comcast and I use Mozilla FireFox as well as internet explorer (neither would load the page).

Thanks!
jtorres324

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:19 am

Link?
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby jtorres324 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:38 am

I tried again just now and it worked - I think it was the internet that I was using at my school.

The link I was sent is : http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com:8080/ ... eation.cgi
jtorres324

Postby nikd on Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:58 pm

Hi there,

I tried signing up yesterday (the 14th) and could not get to the activation page.

My username is nikd
My comic is called Transitionation
I have tryed doing this both from work and at home, and still no luck.

Cheers in advance :D
nikd

Postby General Interest on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:31 am

Username: General Interest
Date of sign up: 20. 2.
ISP: Right now im on restaurant wi-fi so i don't know

I got email but the verification site didn't load.

Thanks in advance
General Interest

Postby Spaceprincess on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:00 am

Spaceprincess
Regular Poster

Postby MediocreMind on Wed May 16, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm not sure if this thread is still alive (I see the last post is over a year old, so the outlook isn't great) but I'm in this boat. Never got the verification email, so I assumed maybe I was being stupid and didn't sign up properly just to discover that I, in fact, did it correctly!

Name: MediocreMind

Even trying to check the status by name gives me a blank white screen. It's... odd.
MediocreMind

Postby LibertyCabbage on Thu May 17, 2012 5:39 am

MediocreMind wrote:I'm not sure if this thread is still alive (I see the last post is over a year old, so the outlook isn't great) but I'm in this boat. Never got the verification email, so I assumed maybe I was being stupid and didn't sign up properly just to discover that I, in fact, did it correctly!

Even trying to check the status by name gives me a blank white screen. It's... odd.

Hi MediocreMind,

Did you check your e-mail's spam folder?
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby MediocreMind on Thu May 17, 2012 7:03 am

LibertyCabbage wrote:
MediocreMind wrote:I'm not sure if this thread is still alive (I see the last post is over a year old, so the outlook isn't great) but I'm in this boat. Never got the verification email, so I assumed maybe I was being stupid and didn't sign up properly just to discover that I, in fact, did it correctly!

Hi MediocreMind,

Did you check your e-mail's spam folder?

That I did, and I made a point to read through the majority of the CGwiki to make sure I wasn't just missing some information somewhere (I'm not the type who likes bothering people for help unless I'm absolutely at a loss).

Even thinking it might be my ISP or something didn't pan out, as it isn't in the list of potential problem-causers and I use a Gmail account rather than Hotmail/MSN/Yahoo.

I noticed there was some work being done (via the Twitter feed) on the servers the night I sent in my signup, might that be part of the problem?
MediocreMind

Postby LibertyCabbage on Thu May 17, 2012 8:51 am

MediocreMind wrote:I noticed there was some work being done (via the Twitter feed) on the servers the night I sent in my signup, might that be part of the problem?

Oh, snap. I haven't checked the front page in a little while. Yeah, it does seem strange that you're having sign-up complications from the exact time the server software was getting updated. You might wanna PM Kisai or STrRedWolf about that, then, as it may be a technical problem.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby MediocreMind on Thu May 17, 2012 9:03 am

LibertyCabbage wrote:
MediocreMind wrote:I noticed there was some work being done (via the Twitter feed) on the servers the night I sent in my signup, might that be part of the problem?

Oh, snap. I haven't checked the front page in a little while. Yeah, it does seem strange that you're having sign-up complications from the exact time the server software was getting updated. You might wanna PM Kisai or STrRedWolf about that, then, as it may be a technical problem.

Yeah, right after I submitted the form I noticed the server maintenance and wondered if that might cause an issue. I am the kind of bad timing!

I'll send them a PM, thanks for the advice.
MediocreMind

Previous

Return to Help Center