Know of a Good Merch Site??

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Know of a Good Merch Site??

Postby MichaelYakutis on Wed May 16, 2012 9:46 am

I plan on opening up a store at my site pretty soon and I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for a good make-it-when-you-order-it merchandise site? Something like CafePress (but CafePress seems kinda pricy to me and their options still aren't great, mainly for shirts). I'd LOVE to find a site that has the capability to print graphic novels AND make other merch. I was initially planning to print my comic through ComixPress, but then people would have to place two separate orders if they wanted the buy the printed comic along with, say, a sticker. And pay shipping from two sites. Does anyone have any tips? I can't afford to purchase this stuff in bulk in advance and ship it out as it sells. I can't make that investment at the moment. I need a good site that can make the items as they are ordered without a lack in quality.

Thanks!
MichaelYakutis
Regular Poster

Re: Know of a Good Merch Site??

Postby LibertyCabbage on Wed May 16, 2012 10:10 am

I can't say I know of any on-demand sites that do both books and merch. Zazzle does prints and calendars in addition to merch, but nothing on their site suggests they print books.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby MichaelYakutis on Wed May 16, 2012 11:01 am

LibertyCabbage wrote:I can't say I know of any on-demand sites that do both books and merch. Zazzle does prints and calendars in addition to merch, but nothing on their site suggests they print books.

Thanks for the suggestion. Someone else had mentioned zazzle, so I will have to check it out.
MichaelYakutis
Regular Poster

Postby MixedMyth on Wed May 16, 2012 11:21 am

Yeah, I like Zazzle a lot. For shirts, though, it's hard to beat Spreadshirt. I've really been impressed with their customer service. They mostly stick to clothes, though, so they don't do mugs, mousepads, etc.

I had bad experiences with CafePress early on, but that was like eight years ago and I'm sure they've changed a lot since then.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby Phact0rri on Wed May 16, 2012 12:25 pm

another vote for Spreadshirt. they have a pretty slick interface for managing stuff too.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Return to General Discussion