The basics on updating comics

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

The basics on updating comics

Postby JDogindy on Fri May 11, 2012 7:18 am

Hello.

For those who wonder about me, I was told about this site by a friend and I would like to post my comic here. I actually have a comic up with a page.

The problem is that I've been unable to upload any more pages. I will admit that I don't quite understand the whole process (I know how to upload, I just don't understand why they don't show up). I do have my filenames different for pages, (img004.png was the first page, then I had imag005.png, followed by img006.png, which I want to upload). Is it because that, when I set my update time, it won't actually update until then? Forgive me if I sound nonsensical, but I just don't know the full gist, yet I would like to host my comic here.

The full comic in progress, right now, is over at my deviantART site, just so you know.
JDogindy

Re: The basics on updating comics

Postby LibertyCabbage on Fri May 11, 2012 9:08 am

Hi JDogindy,

You have to name the files as the date you want them to appear on the site, in a YYYYMMDD format. So, for example, a comic page being posted today would be named "20120511.png." If you want a page to appear sometime later, like next Friday, you can name it for that date, like "20120518.png," and it'll be posted then.

Welcome to Comic Genesis! Feel free to post any other questions you might have.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Re: The basics on updating comics

Postby JDogindy on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:12 am

LibertyCabbage wrote:Hi JDogindy,

You have to name the files as the date you want them to appear on the site, in a YYYYMMDD format. So, for example, a comic page being posted today would be named "20120511.png." If you want a page to appear sometime later, like next Friday, you can name it for that date, like "20120518.png," and it'll be posted then.

Welcome to Comic Genesis! Feel free to post any other questions you might have.

Well, thank you.

I apoligize for not having replied sooner, but I'll keep it in mind.
JDogindy

Return to Help Center