Another Free Comic Book Day

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Another Free Comic Book Day

Postby Bustertheclown on Sat May 05, 2012 4:21 pm

At this point, it almost amounts to my single annual pilgrimage to the comic book store. This time, however, I noticed that my comic shop's used graphic novel section has grown quite a bit more interesting in my long absence. So, they enticed me in with free copies of Charlie Brown/Adventure Time, Bongo Comics, and reprinted collections of Carl Barks' Donald Duck comics, but I will be back soon with more money to spend!

Anyone else participate in the festivities?
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Re: Another Free Comic Book Day

Postby LibertyCabbage on Sat May 05, 2012 4:34 pm

I just posted in the "happy" thread about my FCBD fun. I forgot 'til after I already left that there's an Adventure Time comic out now, or else I would've gotten it for sure. I also briefly glimpsed something that was probably a Carl Barks' Donald Duck book, which I would've been interested in, but it was so hectic and jam-packed in our little store here that I didn't really have much ability to shop around. I can always go back some other time, though, and see what they have left.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Bustertheclown on Sat May 05, 2012 5:00 pm

That's why I like to make my trek a bit later in the day. The freebies are picked through, but I don't have to fight off such a big crowd. Lately, my taste in comics have been horror and kids' stuff, which seems to move a lot less readily in my town than all of the usual superhero and sci-fi/fantasy stuff, so I got what I wanted from the outing.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Postby Laemkral on Sat May 05, 2012 5:49 pm

I missed FCBD. Was busy trying to get my registration taxes back from the Commonwealth of Virginia and then driving to D.C. to have brunch with a friend. Sadness, my first FCBD back and I missed it....
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ekolter on Sat May 05, 2012 6:35 pm

We missed it too. Did our weekly garage sale-ing with the rugrats and we all passed out once we got home.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are leftovers at the comic store we go to. Then again I may be wrong. Ryan visit the place a few times a week since it's next to Panera's, where he studies for his certification test.
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Mon May 07, 2012 7:51 am

is the adventure Time comic already out? Thought it was still a bit away from release. where does all the time go?
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Return to General Discussion