My very very very last radio show.

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

My very very very last radio show.

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed May 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Hey chickadees. I don't know why I never posted about this earlier, but this year I've had a radio show where I play jazz, swing, and popular music from the 1920's, 30's, and 40's (I know, how out of character). Anyway, tonight is my very last show ever, the last time I'll ever be broadcasting :( :( :( So if you enjoy this type of music or just would like to listen, you can stream my show online at http://wtsr.org/ (click the thing that says "Listen Live").

The show goes from 6:00-8:00 EST (so it starts in two hours from now). Hope you enjoy if you choose to listen <3
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Re: My very very very last radio show.

Postby LibertyCabbage on Wed May 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Awww. :(

I'm usually playing D&D on Wednesday nights, but my group moved it to Thursday this week, so I'll actually be able to listen in this time.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Wed May 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Ya know Cuddly if you ever come to Los Angeles, you need to come to the Cicada Club. They do theme nights between 30's to the 60's. You have to dress in proper attire for the period and its live. Its used in Mad Men quite often and it was used in that film the Artist here recently too.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Wed May 02, 2012 4:02 pm

I listened to most of the show, not my usual music obviously but it was relaxing.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Wed May 02, 2012 4:54 pm

That's pretty awesome.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed May 02, 2012 5:02 pm

:D

Thanks fellas. Phact, that sounds really cool. And I'm glad you enjoyed it schoob even if it's not necessarily your cup of tea!

A little background: This morning, the building that houses our transmitter got like... I dunno, I don't knwo what happened, something like water got in, either way the transmitter was busted so we couldn't broadcast over terrestrial radio. I was worried that this would affect the online broadcast too, but thank god it didn't. If it was going to I was totally planning to come in next week (after everyone's moved out and everything) and do my show anyway :lol:

But once I got there tonight, I usually have technical difficulties myself, playing the wrong song or pushing a wrong button but... that never happened. I don't think it happened even once the whole night. I tried to record it for a friend of mine so we'll see if that worked.

Aww, you guys, I'm not a DJ anymore :(
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Thu May 03, 2012 5:06 am

You'll always be a DJ. You don't just stop being a DJ. You are born a DJ.

Anyways what I wanna know is did you draw comics while the songs played?
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby LibertyCabbage on Thu May 03, 2012 6:10 am

I listened to most of the show last night, at least until my computer started crashing. (I really need to get my home-computer situation taken care of.) I'll admit this old-timey stuff's pretty boring to me, although it was nice, relaxing background music for telling that Adam T. Williams fellow how worthless his webcomic is.

The main thing I got out of it's that you have a really nice voice for broadcasting. :D I've had a casual interest in doing something like this, but I think my voice sucks. :( Maybe I'll try it eventually if I can find time for it.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu May 03, 2012 10:40 am

LOL McDuffies. I did not, though I always wanted to. It's too distracting to do anything that requires much attention since I gotta keep operating the board/cds and so forth. I usually would end up reading Cracked articles, though last night I just vegged.

And awww, thanks LC. Yeah, the music isn't for everybody, though I have gotten a lot of really nice feedback from people fliping through the stations and saying "What is this?" DJing is definitely a lot of fun, it's worth a try I would say just to say you did. Idk how easy that is to do outside of a college level though, but it'd be intereseting to look into.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby LibertyCabbage on Thu May 03, 2012 11:17 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:And awww, thanks LC. Yeah, the music isn't for everybody, though I have gotten a lot of really nice feedback from people fliping through the stations and saying "What is this?" DJing is definitely a lot of fun, it's worth a try I would say just to say you did. Idk how easy that is to do outside of a college level though, but it'd be intereseting to look into.

Yeah, I guess I might as well try it at least once. It'd basically be like making a podcast, right? 'Cause everyone online seems to say that podcasts are pretty easy to do.

Now, where'd I put that headset...
ImageImage
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu May 03, 2012 11:36 am

I've never done a podcast, so I actually have no idea. I'm assuming the equipment is different and obviously you have full reign over everything you do- I'd assume you're not subject to FCC regulations like saying call numbers at the top of the hour (since you wouldn't have them, lol) or playing certain content.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Thu May 03, 2012 7:46 pm

well podcasts all you really need is a mike and (I hope a decent collection of music). There's been a few podcasts I've been asked to assist on over the years. Though depending on if people actually listen to it you could run into royality issues if your not careful. I prefer building mix tapes when people request. plus then I don't have to talk.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Return to General Discussion