Pre lined digital comic page

Think your comic can improve? Whether it's art or writing, composition or colouring, feel free to ask here! Critique and commentary welcome.

Pre lined digital comic page

Postby CMikeNIke on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:38 am

I meant to do this ages ago when I had to re-make it anyway, but just continued to forget. ANYWAY

I made a template (here) page that I'm more than willing to share with anyone who wishes to use it. I know most people probably prefer their own comic page size and what-not, and probably already have one made, but for anyone starting anew or wants something closer to how physical comics are sized, this is meant to be as close to the proper size as I could find, what with conflicting page specifications I found around the internet.

Specifications:
300dpi
11 x 17 inches (3300 x 5100 px)
10 x 15 trim size
9 x 13.5 live area
PLUS GOODIES like perspective paths to make your perspective grids, folders for each panel and reference material, dummy text areas for the names of Penciller and Inker and whatnot.

Soooo, yeah. Have at it.
CMikeNIke
Regular Poster

Re: Pre lined digital comic page

Postby iamthatis on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:43 pm

I really need to learn to use templates more when I draw. My favorite is just to use good ol' 8.5x11 paper, but I tend to draw right off the edges of it! And then I regret it later when I'm formatting. P:
iamthatis

Postby Ulario on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:07 am

Blue Line Pro makes something similar. It's really good paper and if you go to Comic Conventions, they often have booths showcasing their products.
Ulario
Regular Poster

Postby iamthatis on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:40 am

Yet another thing I need to get on top of--conventions! Guess I'm a closet otaku...
iamthatis

Return to Technique Tips and Tricks