Awkward things you might say as an artist

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Awkward things you might say as an artist

Postby Warren on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:46 am

"I used to be an English major, but the job opportunities just weren't there."
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby peterabnny on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:53 am

Warren wrote:"I used to be an English major, but the job opportunities just weren't there."

HA! I am an English major. Which is why I work in inventory control for a sales service dealer of office equipment... :wink:
"I've come to accept a lot of what's wrong with this world, and there's not much I can do about it." - Johnny "Rotten" Lydon

Old school comic. New school flavor. Updated monthly.
http://www.crittersonline.org
peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:59 pm

When taking commissions. "Yes I'll do any animal but horses. They're too long." I am referring to difficulty I have drawing horses in perspective, but I don't alrways realize how that sounds to others.

I also make faces when I draw. It can lead to some strange responses if you do it in public.

And here's a strange conversation that took place between me and a tatoo artist last week. "I'm so excited, I just got new inks." "Cool. Can I see it?" "Sorry they're at home." After which he looked at me strangely while his brain made finally made the connection that I was talking about actual pigmented liquids and not body art.
Image Image
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion