Images with accompanying text

Think your comic can improve? Whether it's art or writing, composition or colouring, feel free to ask here! Critique and commentary welcome.

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Images with accompanying text

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

Hi all. I'm looking to spruce up this page.

What I want to have is that each image and accompanying caption remain next to each other and don't start getting up on one another's grill. (Scroll to the bottom of that page for an example of the problem I'm talking about)

The way I have it dealt with now is that I just have a shitton of <br>s between the end of one character's text and the beginning of the next character's picture, but there must be a simpler way, because I'd have to redo that every time I update the cast page.

My friends advised me to create a table with one column for the images and one for the text, but since all the images are different sizes it would look kinda wonky. I don't want to resize all the images to be the same because they are taken directly from the comic and some of them are eeeety beety bitty tiny ones and others are relatively gargantuan.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

Mastermind
Regular Poster

Re: Images with accompanying text

Post by Mastermind »

Text should appear next to the picture if you add align="left" to your img line.

That guy
Cartoon Hero

Post by That guy »

Adding 'align left' won't set them beside each other, it'll just align the whole thing left -- or just the pic if you end align left right after it. You don't need to resize the images - although making them identical sizes would add to the elegance/intentionality of the page - all you need to do is make each character block its own table. You'd have character image, text, then end table repeat over and over. If you wanted to mix it up, you could alternate between pic on left and pic on right. Here's a decent table tutorial for beginners:
http://www.pageresource.com/html/table1.htm

Sites

Post by Sites »

That guy wrote:Adding 'align left' won't set them beside each other, it'll just align the whole thing left -- or just the pic if you end align left right after it. You don't need to resize the images - although making them identical sizes would add to the elegance/intentionality of the page - all you need to do is make each character block its own table. You'd have character image, text, then end table repeat over and over. If you wanted to mix it up, you could alternate between pic on left and pic on right. Here's a decent table tutorial for beginners:
http://www.pageresource.com/html/table1.htm
Woah dang. Thanks for that link. I'm working on a cast page too and I was using table code without really knowing what the letters stood for and what the tags did.

This makes WAY more sense!
'Sites. A comic about the dystopian, cyberpunk, post-zombie-apocalypse future.

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

Thanks, that guy! I think that's exactly what I'm looking for. For some reason trying to do the table on my own wasn't working. Will give it a go and see how it turns out! Again, thanks!
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

That guy
Cartoon Hero

Post by That guy »

Glad I could be helpful - good luck!

Leroy7908

Post by Leroy7908 »

ImageThe same to you,thanks