Updating CSS stylesheets. - FIXED

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
Natane
Regular Poster

Updating CSS stylesheets. - FIXED

Post by Natane »

Hello!

I've read through the FAQ and stumbled through the Wiki in my search for an answer. I still think this is a ridiculously simple question, and so, I'm truly sorry if I've missed the answer in an obvious place. I just can't seem to find it in either place. So here I go.

I'm trying to redesign my comic page ( http://mariposa.comicgenesis.com - shudder!) using CSS. I uploaded my style.css stylesheet into the Webpages section of my workspace folder. (I'm wondering if, in retrospect, this was a poor idea? Should I have instead put it in images and referenced to it there?) However, now I can't update it. As much as I upload the new file into my workspace/webpages, running an update (full update, mind) will update all the html files -- not the css file. I don't really want to touch the public html files, as I know well that it's a big, bold, red NO to do so...and as much as I'd like to say I think I know my way around systems like this I'd really rather stay on the safe side.

So my question is, how can I update my css stylesheet? One alternative I'm considering is just changing the name referenced in the HTML file and linking to a whole new stylesheet in the images folder that I can change at my leisure.

Anyway, thanks very much for taking the time to look at this question. My page is hideous now and I want to fix it. (it was wonderful back in the 800x600 days and my best friend worked very hard on it and I always have appreciated his work, but looking at the URL I'm sure it's not difficult to concede that it needs a bit of a freshener now.)

EDIT: Oh yes, I'm running Windows 7 and Firefox. Just in case that happens to be relevant. I'm using WS-FTP as my ftp program.

~N
Last edited by Natane on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natane
Regular Poster

Re: Updating CSS stylesheets.

Post by Natane »

ಠ_ಠ Are you calling me forgetful, spammer?

Natane
Regular Poster

Re: Updating CSS stylesheets. - FIXED

Post by Natane »

Well I'll be! The issue seems to have taken care of itself. If an admin took care of it, thank you for that. I wish I would have checked sooner, instead of checking this post for replies.

As a quick note, I instead used a google engine to search through the CG Wiki and the forums themselves and found a few CSS references. I don't know if the hosted search functions aren't working or if I'm doin' it wrong or what (I'd like to think using the search thing is pretty self-explanatory though) but typing in 'CSS' in the search bar, both capital and lowercase, comes up with zero results. So I'm sorry if this topic got glossed over because an apparent flippant disregard for trying to actually search for things.

Anyway. Time to go play with my style template.

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

Natane wrote:Well I'll be! The issue seems to have taken care of itself. If an admin took care of it, thank you for that. I wish I would have checked sooner, instead of checking this post for replies.

As a quick note, I instead used a google engine to search through the CG Wiki and the forums themselves and found a few CSS references. I don't know if the hosted search functions aren't working or if I'm doin' it wrong or what (I'd like to think using the search thing is pretty self-explanatory though) but typing in 'CSS' in the search bar, both capital and lowercase, comes up with zero results. So I'm sorry if this topic got glossed over because an apparent flippant disregard for trying to actually search for things.

Anyway. Time to go play with my style template.
i wonder if that's because "css" is too short of a word, but I'm sure there are other three letter words you can search. The search bar is right there and I could totally check.

edit: Yup, three letters is too short for a search term. I just tried "cat" which is a word I know we often use in reference to McDuffies, for instance, and it claims there are no search returns. So that's probably why, even though it isn't helpful.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

Natane
Regular Poster

Post by Natane »

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:
i wonder if that's because "css" is too short of a word, but I'm sure there are other three letter words you can search. The search bar is right there and I could totally check.

edit: Yup, three letters is too short for a search term. I just tried "cat" which is a word I know we often use in reference to McDuffies, for instance, and it claims there are no search returns. So that's probably why, even though it isn't helpful.
Actually...that's incredibly helpful, because now I know I'm not a moron! T_T Thank you Cornpone, you are truly the cuddliest.

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

Natane wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:

Actually...that's incredibly helpful, because now I know I'm not a moron! T_T Thank you Cornpone, you are truly the cuddliest.
Awwwww :D
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000