o o o Can't Log into SiteAdmin? Read this thread! o o o

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Re: o o o Can't Log into SiteAdmin? Read this thread! o o o

Postby Mastermind on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:22 am

Man, this sucks... I wish I could help. You're really patient though. Try again with a new account maybe?
Mastermind
Regular Poster

Postby ChrusherComix on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:25 am

OK, having a problem here. Nothing works for me at all, so I need a little help.

I've been a member since 2005 and I have had two large web-comics up since then:

http://chrusher.comicgenesis.com/
http://towner.comicgenesis.com/

Usually, I have had very few issues (other than occasional slow updates). However, when my old PC's hard-drive finally died after a long sputtering illness, I lost my login abilities and have not logged into either of my sites in months. I can't log into FTP, I can't log into the site-admin, and I couldn't log into this forum (hence I created this new account). Also, I cannot log into a password finder/fixer because both Firefox and IE report that they are insecure and tell me not to go there.

Any help would be appreciated. I've always found everything easy to use, but it seems like nothing works for me anymore. What do I need to do? Thanks! :)
ChrusherComix

Postby ChrusherComix on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:09 am

PS - I have not been able to login yet, but I suppose I'll eventually be able to figure it out. I'll try again, but most of my attempts have been futile.

Other than that, I have a few questions though.

1. I've had complaints from people who say that my pages either load slowly or not at all. I'm planning on correcting some depreciated scripts and code and all that - long overdue and going to work on them soon - but have CG servers been acting slow for everybody or just me?
2. I read that if we request, we can either have the comics hosted by CG via our own domain names. Is this difficult and would this make all of my old links invalid if I do this?
3. Also, I also read that there may be a way to revenue share and/or use Google ads? Are any of these possible?
ChrusherComix

Postby ChrusherComix on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:07 am

. . . . . . :eyebrow:
ChrusherComix

Postby Mastermind on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:30 am

There's that "domain parking suspended" sticky, might be more info there.
Regarding the ads, I think only project wonderful is allowed.
And I didn't check all of your pages, but I think they're loading fine.

Can't help you with logging in though, old users seem to have problems coming back lately :(
Mastermind
Regular Poster

Postby MELdungeon on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:54 am

I'm having a problem and I've had my account, UnmeiSekai, since 2005/4 around March. I think that is when I signed up for an account and I tried the capital letter thing with the user name and didn't seem to change things. I tried a couple of passwords it could have been but they don't work and I can't remember what it could be off the top of my head. My account is attached an old email account that is defunct, von_fanel90@hotmail.com. When I tried to reset the password it said "404 error". Please advise...water...becoming sparse and food nowhere ....to be...found...*gackt**sputter*
-MEL
MELdungeon

Postby Bliss Creed on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi; I've had my account for less than a week now, and now when I try to log into SiteAdmin (v.2), I can't. I'm using the right username and password; I have all the emails telling me I am, and I've done all the right stuff, but it still doesn't let me inside.
Bliss Creed

Postby misfortunaterai on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:30 pm

is not working. my username isnt recognized. it is kinda ticking me off, for this is the second time if registered.
misfortunaterai

Postby Kisai on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:42 pm

On Nov 21st I've deleted all 0-post forum accounts. If anyone did not make a post in the "fuzzle mcduffies" thread, then your forum (and siteadmin) access may have been removed.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby cryhavoc on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Kisari, I had a comic with this site a few years ago that I put on hold, but having made no forum posts, my loggin has been deleted and I cannot access my comics ftp. Who should I contact about reactivating my account?
cryhavoc

Postby LibertyCabbage on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:37 am

cryhavoc wrote:Kisari, I had a comic with this site a few years ago that I put on hold, but having made no forum posts, my loggin has been deleted and I cannot access my comics ftp. Who should I contact about reactivating my account?
Hi cryhavoc,

You can always PM Kisai or STrRedWolf with your technical issues. However, I don't think you need your old forum account to access your FTP. The FTP username is your comic's subdomain, and it can have a different password than your forums account. Try either logging into SiteAdmin with your new forum username and password, and adding in your FTP info there, or downloading a third-party program or add-on (such as FileZilla) that handles FTP. And if you forgot your old password, you can use the Lost Password tool.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Help Center