Character Desgin help- Colour choice

Think your comic can improve? Whether it's art or writing, composition or colouring, feel free to ask here! Critique and commentary welcome.

Character Desgin help- Colour choice

Postby Johndar on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Hey, haven't been to this board in awhile! Well, my first webcomic has kind of lost momentum and I want to start a new project. I have an idea in mind for a superhero comic but I'm having trouble finalizing the design of my lead character, specifically in the colour department. I have 4 different possible colour combinations and I can't seem to settle on one, I've gotten opinions from friends on what they think but I thought it might be a good idea to get input from other creators

upload psd

As I said I have got input from people, C seems to be the favourite with B not far behind. What do you guys think?
Beware the Dangerchair
Johndar
Regular Poster

Re: Character Desgin help- Colour choice

Postby Mastermind on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:43 am

I'd pick C... or B but that's green lantern's color scheme. Blonde hair draws to much attention, though it could look good with dark orange costume details.
Mastermind
Regular Poster

Postby Rain_Davenport on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:18 pm

I like "B," but that may just be because green is my favorite color :3
Doc, you ever get so hungry you just wanna punch somebody in the face?
Rain_Davenport

Postby Toast1862 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:33 am

Out of those four? Definitely C. Looks the most protagonistish, and the blue seems a little more fitting that hair color than the green. The green with the blond hair looks good too, but I wouldn't make that the lead character.
Toast1862

Return to Technique Tips and Tricks