Template not showing...

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Template not showing...

Postby Nanemae on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:05 am

I changed my daily template, added a CSS sheet, and changed the the index template, but it shows up as a nasty white background with everything thrown in, even after I queued an update. Why isn't it working now?
Nanemae

Re: Template not showing...

Postby spoonyliger on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Could be a lot of things, but there's not enough information for me to tell you exactly what the problem is. I bet it's mostly because you were playing around with it, which is fine. I changed mine so much it's not even funny. What's important is that you have a basic understanding of how HTML works and that you're making sure all your tabs are closed. Here's the Link tab as an example:
Code: Select all
<a href="www.comicgenesis.com">Click here to go to www.comicgenesis.com!</ a>

The W3 schools website is pretty good. It's where I learned most of my basic HTML skills and it was all free. So, check that out if you haven't yet.

We also have a begginner's guide. Not sure if you've familiarized yourself with it:
http://cgwiki.comicgenesis.com/index.ph ... .27s_Guide

Ultimately, just be careful when editing index and daily templates.
Image Image
spoonyliger
Regular Poster

Return to Help Center