Artist/Writer Classified Ads

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
stewies-son

writer seeks artist

Post by stewies-son »

Artist Required for Project
I am about to go into my last year in a Masters Degree of Screenwriting and I am looking for someone to do some drawings for a script I am currently finishing.
I have created a script set in 1800 BC Celtic Ireland. It would be loosely based around the likes of Conan and Slaine, but there are no creatures, supernatural entities, etc. I feel myself that it is an original take on these mythological stories which could have a life line past the one story.
I am looking for three separate artists to do the art work for 1 - Character Design 2 - Sketches and 3 - Digital Art. Or one person, if they have the time to do all three.
I am one hundred percent committed to this. Although it is a script I am working on I am also going to see about having it put into comic book / graphic novel form.
I would not be able to pay anyone at this moment in time, but if it was picked up I would of course do out a deal for a fair percentage. I have many other projects and would love to have an artistic collaborator on board for all of them.
If anyone is interested they can contact me at alanbarry333@gmail.com

janoscd

Assembling our Art Team

Post by janoscd »

We are beginning the search for a team of artists to embark on a journey into largely uncharted digital comics territory. From the story to the technology being implemented to tell it, "innovation" is what this project is about.
Financial compensation options are being weighed because we firmly believe in your right to make a living from your craft, but that is a conversation to be had after our foundations are fully built. Right now, we just want to see what you've got!
Any penciller, inker, or colorist who expresses an interest (and has the talent to justify inclusion) will be handed an incredibly detailed Doc of research material that illustrates the depth and breadth of this project, so send an email with links to your work to janos.cd@gmail.com and we'll talk.

~Janos Creative DIrector

dscott2

Graphic Novel Project

Post by dscott2 »

Hi my name is Darrell an indie writer from San Diego. I'm currently trying to raise funding to put together a first issue for my graphic novel. If there any artists interested please feel free to contact me. You can check out my project at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/929 ... phic-novel which includes a link to my preview at http://www.hellvenonearth.com/Hellven_New.pdf and my website with my contact info. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Artists please contact me if you are interested in working on the full edition at darrellanthonyscott@gmail.com.

WesleyCraigGreen

Published Writer Looking To Collaborate On Project Pitches

Post by WesleyCraigGreen »

Hello there. I am a published writer looking to collaborate with a couple of artists on some project pitches and the project if they are picked-up. The typical pitch would include 3 to 5 pages of sequential art. The publishers include Image, Red 5, Dark Horse, as well as digital publishers like Comixology and Graphic.ly. The projects I have include a Japanese sci-fi-influenced adventure involving battling gigantic monsters and a psychedelic, pulp-influenced anti-hero.

If any of these are of interest to you, then you can send me an email at w(dot)craig(dot)green@gmail.com with some information about yourself along with what project you are interested in and a link to some sequential artwork- no pinup art please. Sorry for the email format but I really don't want to get swamped with spam. In return, I'll send you more information about myself along with a pitch sheet for the project you are interested in. Cheers and I look forward to hearing from you!

Ermol

Re: Artist/Writer Classified Ads

Post by Ermol »

Hi.
I'm looking for somebody to illustrate one (or both) of these two stories:
1) A superhero/light horror story about a super-team with somewhat questionable methods. The overarching plot is an organised attack on the team from a group of their enemies, however there are many stories to be told before the final showdown, and some after. Currently one prologue issue fully scripted and more in works.
2) An epic fantasy story... I can't be arsed describing it here. Only marginally scripted, but very thoroughly plotted (if not to the end).

OK, the idea is, we do an issue, then we try and pitch it to some of the more accepting publishers, starting from Dark Horse and working down my rather extensive list of bookmarks. If it works out, then we do a 50-50 split on the cash.

Any creative input will be welcome and probably sometimes requested )). Also, if you have any ideas at all for a story, then I will be more than happy to script them.

We might get picked up or we might be told to sod off. Either way this will allow you to add to your portfolio of sequential art, which is what publishers look for when they recruit people, and provide me with more writing experience.

Post here, PM me or e-mail me at ermol7@gmail.com
To whom it may concern, I live in England.

P.S. Writers are welcome for collaboration too. That being said, we can have fifteen million writers working on this, but with no artist it's gonna be pretty pointless )). That being said, I welcome working in a team.

Kev F

Post by Kev F »

Hi, Kev F here. You might know me as the bloke who used to run the Comic Festival in Bristol, and who writes and draws for The Beano, Doctor Who Adventures, Match and others.

I'm looking for an artist, or artists, to help me finish a comic that's been lying dormant for longer than many of you have been alive. In 1994 I wrote and drew an 8 page photocopied comic called Captain Clevedon (see below). He's a superhero based in the town where I live, and it's a comedy action strip intended for a wide audience, from kids to adults. Its initial run sold out in the town itself back in the day, and even got featured on local TV (cheesy, ain't it?) but I never progressed with it after that first taster issue.

It's always been a popular character that people bring up in conversation, and lots would like to see his story finished, but I can never quite find the time. Added to which my comic art style has crystallised as much more cartoony than I think suits this book.

So, I'm looking for a superhero artist to help me complete it. I have the script plotted and almost complete for a 24 page self-contained first story (In which Captain Clevedon learns more about his powers of Enhanced Benevolence and defeats the Severn Boar/stroke/Sky Pig From Space). Who'd like to draw it?

The caveat is that this is, most likely, not a money-making venture. I wrote and drew the original for love (and the vast profit from its sellout first run, which added up to less than fifty quid, spread over more than a year) and would expect this issue to not make big money. However I would offer any collaborators an agreed profit-share, in the event of the comic taking off, and would split all sales pro rata (eg Comic Convention sales, Indy Planet online sales, plus you could get cost price copies via Ka-Blam to sell yourself). This project is ideally suited to an up-and-coming artist who wants to use their pages to boost their portfolio of superhero art. And, by the way, the end product will be fun to read. And when they option it to make a movie we'll all get to go to a party (that last bit is not guaranteed, by the way).

Below is the original short story from 1994. The new 24 pager will not be in the same cramped comedy style with 4 bubbles to a panel, 6 panels to a page, but will be in a more familiar superhero comic layout. Lots of splash pages and fight scenes, with flying, action, monsters, machinery and superhero posing. I plan to publish it as a black and white comic, to keep it affordable to the kids.

If you are interested in drawing this comic, send a link to some online samples to me at kevf.sutherland@virgin.net. Please don't email art as attachments. Looking forward to working with you.

ShayMay

Three Writers Seek Artist

Post by ShayMay »

No longer accepting applications.
Last edited by ShayMay on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bearden

Post by Bearden »

Writer seeking artists (paid)

Greetings everyone, I’m a writer with a number of pitch type scripts that I’d like to hopefully get made soon, and sent into a couple publishers, and I’m looking for artists and maybe even letterers.
The scripts I have ready include cape stories, modern crime, light hearted fantasy, less light hearted fantasy, and a bit of a send –up of children’s books. I’m currently working on an adventure story with supernatural elements, to the level of Indiana Jones. But totally isn’t Indiana Jones.
I’m willing to pay an artist what I can, and share in any progress or rewards that may come our way. I’d really like for a partnership to lead to something more long term as well.
If you’re interested, just contact me at Beardensequentials@gmail.com and let me see some of your work. Thanks!

purplerox

Post by purplerox »

artists needed for webcomics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm looking for some artists to join my team. I'm in the development stages of four (possibly more) webcomics. I need others who can join the team, help divide the workload, and add variety. Besides a share of the profits, this is a no pay job.
Contact me at sinceubeengone15@gmail.com if you're interested.

Our_Tom

Post by Our_Tom »

Hey guys

I am a writer looking for a artist to collaborate with, no money up front and a 50:50 back end.

My story is a gaslamp tale set in 1880’s London which steps between historic facts and figures and turn of the century folklore and fiction. Joseph Carey Merrick is the Elephant Man, cursed with hideous physical deformity which also grants him the enhanced strength and constitution of his namesake the Elephant.

I am initially looking for someone to work on the first 4 issue story arc (22ish pgs per issue). The first issue scripted and ready to go.

I would also be willing to do Inks and possibly try my hand at colours.

I have a very strong DIY ethic and passion and I would expect the same from you.

I would love to see submissions of your work for this project, especially sequential work.

crouchingfishhiddenfinger@hotmail.com

thanks

Tom

Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Post by Laemkral »

Friend of mine is looking for someone who can do caricatures, and is willing to pay through Paypal for each caricature that is completed. That's all the information she gave me, but said that anyone who is interested should contact her at mssendur at gmail.com
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

Brodiewan

Post by Brodiewan »

Writer looking for work, paid/unpaid depending on the gig. You can find a sample of my work url=http://brodiewan-theforgottenworld.blog ... e-one.html]here[/url]

You can contact me on middlepants@hotmail.com

I look forward ot hearing from you.

Christopher Brodie

Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Post by Mo »

I'm bored, let's start a webcomic! :D I draw, you write. Yay? Nay?

IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Post by IVstudios »

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

Mo wrote:I'm bored, let's start a webcomic! :D I draw, you write. Yay? Nay?
Ok.

Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Grumpy 2: Return of BURB!

Post by Mo »

McDuffies wrote:
Mo wrote:I'm bored, let's start a webcomic! :D I draw, you write. Yay? Nay?
Ok.
*awaits script*

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

I don't know any specifics about what you want... or should I just steal something from IVStudios?

Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Post by Mo »

I was thinking Fight Club: The Comic, I know how much you love that film. :twisted:

Seriously though? I'm open for almost anything, as long as it's either a good intriguing story and/or genuinely funny (to me). I'm not set on a style, or genre for that matter. Oh and I have pretty much lost all innocence and decency so just about any adult content is fine with me as well. XD

Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Phact0rri »

I want to see the Mo and McDuffies Dreamteam! incoming to PM to both of you.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

JCLeSinge

Post by JCLeSinge »

I'm looking for an artist to draw a comics adaptation of a Fantasy novel; dragons, monsters, magic, muscular heroes and huge breasted women all questing and fighting across a Fantastical landscape.

This isn't the first time I've looked, I know the score; if an artist isn't working on a paid project, then he's working on his own projects. And if he's working on his own projects, he usually doesn't see the need for a writer... since, obviously, writing an epic storyline that actually makes sense, devising vivid characters that people can empathise with and actually being able to finish, edit and present a professional manuscript aren't really "skills" are they? Nah, anyone can do that, right? Writing's just a knack, innit?

Sure, and I could just pick up a pen and scribble a comic, I mean, that's all artists do, right?

It's a very rare person who can both write and draw, and do them well; I've spent over ten years honing my writing skills, so my drawing has been greatly neglected. I need an artist who understands that the time they've spent improving their artwork is time they didn't spend learning to write.

Any artist still reading needs to be able to do the following if this project is to work out:

1) Actually read the material.
2) Enjoy it, and want to draw it.
3) Trust that I am able to convert the vast reams of existing material into a script.
4) Work from the script and enjoy doing so.
5) Reach a mutually profitable agreement to progress the work into shared wealth and fame.

The only artistic style I'd rather not see is Manga. Yes, I know it's cool, but the mainstream comics market doesn't like it.

Initially, I foresee publishing as a web-comic (for which I already have the facility), with a view to hardcopy publishing once we had a large enough body of artwork and a readership to sell it to.

Anyone still reading can find a stack of sample material and my contact details here:

http://www.dekelliastravels.co.uk/

And some more material here:

http://www.thenextread.com/stories/samu ... ia_travels