ARHT Make Over-Redo . . .thing (updated 07/23/11)

A place for users to talk about current updates and post fan-art.

Re: ARHT Make Over-Redo . . .thing (updated 07/24/10)

Postby Allroses on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:53 pm

Is that . . . a good thing? XD

It's really such a massive redo, while keeping the comic updating regularly and doing Val'Cielle, that I need to break it down into accomplish-able minor events. Otherwise I feel like it will never happen!
Val'Cielle - A post-apocalyptic winter, a dragon goddess, and people who aren't happy about either.
All Rose Have Thorns (NSFW) - A story about angsty, pansexual vampires, and the ghosts, faeries, and people that surround them.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Re: ARHT Make Over-Redo . . .thing (updated 07/24/10)

Postby Nuraeariel on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:45 am

You could always just slow down in general, we don't want you to burn out. :(
Anne: GET OUT OF THE CAR AND GO TO KINKOS!!!
Once the water has tasted you...
Nuraeariel
Regular Poster

Re: ARHT Make Over-Redo . . .thing (updated 08/20/10)

Postby Allroses on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:19 pm

I forgot to post this last month when I was done with it.

During my vacation in Alaska, I had the opportunity to do quite a bit of drawing. Ch. 1 is almost completely penciled (I need to look up some castle and people references), and the baselines for Ch. 2 are all complete as well. It was a lot of progress!
Val'Cielle - A post-apocalyptic winter, a dragon goddess, and people who aren't happy about either.
All Rose Have Thorns (NSFW) - A story about angsty, pansexual vampires, and the ghosts, faeries, and people that surround them.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Re: ARHT Make Over-Redo . . .thing (updated 10/03/10)

Postby Allroses on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:04 am

I finished writing chapter 5 (yay!!!!), and I finished the pencils for chapter 1. In an important divergence from the original comic, Collamair's human servants that accompany him have distinct designs. oooooh.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Re: ARHT Make Over-Redo . . .thing (updated 03/06/11)

Postby Allroses on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:50 pm

YAAAAAAAY!!!! I finished inking all of Chapter 1 just now! I'm going to erase and scan it all in tonight too (probably!).

Hopefully I'll have some time to start coloring them and posting them on DA. :,D

It's been awhile since the last update on this, but I moved, and then put off working on Val'Cielle for awhile, and then we ran out of updates on that, so I had to finish that chapter before I could come back to this, but yaaaayy!! Now I'm back to it! Although the current chapter of ARHT is going to end soon and then I'll have to work on the next one. XD
Allroses
Regular Poster

Re: ARHT Make Over-Redo . . .thing (updated 03/06/11)

Postby Allroses on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:34 pm

Annnd, if any of you are reading this, you can see posted pages here.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Re: ARHT Make Over-Redo . . .thing (updated 03/21/11)

Postby Allroses on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:23 pm

In my temporary inability to color, I have completed drawing out the second chapter and started the third. But now I must break from the old to keep up with drawing out the new.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Re: ARHT Make Over-Redo . . .thing (updated 06/27/11)

Postby Allroses on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:48 pm

So Chapter 1 is really close to being done, in comparison to all the other redo chapters! Haha!

But really, With my internet helper, All of the flat pages have been completed, and I've been working on shading and lettering and whatnot. I am way more focused on this when I have someone else to send things to. XD

So beyond that, I had one more offer for help but only during the summer, so I've been trying to get Chapter 2 inked so I can take advantage of this slave labor while it's being offered. I'm not terribly far, and it's a bit hard with all this convention prep. Maybe after CT-con I'll be better. Hrrrr . . . probably not. XD

But Chapter 1, almost done! =D
Allroses
Regular Poster

Re: ARHT Make Over-Redo . . .thing (updated 07/23/11)

Postby Allroses on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:20 am

And now, Chapter 1 is COMPLETELY DONE! IT IS A GLORIOUS FEELING!!!! I cry tears of joy T_T

And now I should probably go work on updates that are up in a timely schedule right? Limited work on the redo over the next few weeks.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Re: ARHT Make Over-Redo . . .thing (updated 07/23/11)

Postby TheDietElf on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:50 am

Eeee, congrats! The redo flows very well--and reads easily. Not to mention it looks gorgeous. :'3 Fantastic work!
"Men are always ready to believe two things about a woman:
One: that she is weak, and Two: that she finds him attractive"
-Morrigan, from Dragon Age Origins
TheDietElf

Previous

Return to All Roses Have Thorns