Musical Query

Discussion of the Lightbringer comic, the Lightbringer universe (includes Angel Armor books), comics in general (webcomics or printed), superheroes, philosophy, and general chat between members.

Musical Query

Postby The Fiend 88 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:42 pm

So...CR and Linkara, if you had to give the characters in Lightbringer theme songs, what would they be?

I always thought Smiling Man's would be this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1IFB_sRj64

but then again thats because I love motorhead and assume the most blatantly evil answer. :twisted:
The Fiend 88

Re: Musical Query

Postby TobyMobias on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:07 am

Actually, the Smiling Man, especially in "Crossoverlord" reminded me of "Back on the Chain Gang" by the Pretenders, particularly this part:

The Powers That Be
That force us to live like we do
Bring me to my knees
When I see what they've done to you.

But I'll die as I stand here today
Knowing that deep in my heart
They'll fall to ruin one day
For making us part
This message was written by someone who is not of sound mind. If you agreed with anything written above, please seek medical help immediately.
TobyMobias

Postby UrdnotDoug on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Hmmmmm, 'Shining light' by the Eurythmics? (C'mon, how was I supposed to resist?) Hell, Ash's cover of the song starts of with a visual that bears an eerie resemblance to the Lightbringer logo (though vocally it resembles the original song less than it does a cat with a terminal case of throat cancer getting hung with a rope made of broken glass.)

On a related note, with all the stand alone animated films DC and Marvel are churning out these days, you have to wonder what a voic cast for Lightbringer would sound like, either in terms of who to cast or just the quality of their voice.

Lightbringer: Christopher Daniel Barnes

His take on Spiderman in the 94 animated series sounds about what I'd expect for Carter. Tough and charaismatic, but also with a stronger hint of vulnerablity than what you'd expect from someone playing Superman, with more of an everyman feel given his anxities of his parents.

Crane: Michael Hogan

Hogan's voice has a certain friendliness and paternal feeling, which fits his genral demeanor but also has a sense of grit and world weariness. Plus he has a darker side, something that Hogan showed in Battlestar and Mass Effect 2 which kind of fits with the hints about how far he wnet to deal with his family's murder.

Hannah

No particular actress's come to mind, though I sort of imagined her having a New York accent for some reason, basically something that could sound warm and friendly when she's in a good mood, but harsher and tougher when provoked.

Darkbringer: Douchey Mc Nitpick.
UrdnotDoug

Postby TobyMobias on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:23 pm

UrdnotDoug wrote:Darkbringer: Douchey Mc Nitpick.

Or Spastic-Bitch Prime.

I could see Grey DeLisle as Hannah, or maybe Dakota Fanning (about the right age, and her voice has grown on me since watching "Coraline").

As for Carter, well, I often hear Lewis' voice. Maybe it's just because I'm used to him narrating comics and this takes place in the Midwest XP

Or Danny Cooksey as Carter, whose voice I've always loved but I've never seen him in anything serious. I really just know him as JACK SPICER, EVIL GENIUS and Dave the Barbarian.
This message was written by someone who is not of sound mind. If you agreed with anything written above, please seek medical help immediately.
TobyMobias

Postby DimLightbulb on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:57 am

Or Richard Dean Anderson as Carter? A fellow Minnesotan and he was MacGyver to boot!

Am I showing my advancing age yet? :D
DimLightbulb

Return to Lightbringer