Triptych Part III: Blitzkrieg Cats!

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Re: Triptych Part III: Blitzkrieg Cats!

Post by FelinaofL2 »

Come back to us, Walter! Your daughters need you!
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.

KLCtheBookWorm
Regular Poster

Post by KLCtheBookWorm »

Animikean wrote:
Can anybody tell me what's so special about Anita King?
Shortest and fastest answer for me is watch R.O.D. the T.V. (an awesome show and you should watch it anyway)

But the parts about Anita that have already been touched on in Ptah's lovely Shineverse is that Anita was a created child paper user

http://hellsing.comicgenesis.com/d/20100124.html

Jan 22-26 2010 is as much as I've seen that she lets on,
but there's winks, nods and hints that you won't get if you don't see the series (which IS on Hulu)
It's on my need-to-watch list (that keeps getting longer and longer while time and money remain just as limited :p). I'll have to remember to see if the new home computer likes Hulu better than my old one did. Thanks!

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Post by flyboy254 »

Oh...Oh no...no, no, no, no, no nonononononNO!
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus

Starcat5
Regular Poster

Post by Starcat5 »

Err... What ARE you "NO"ing about?

Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Post by Chaos Priest »

Starcat5 wrote:Err... What ARE you "NO"ing about?
My guess would be that flyboy is reading the last panel as Walter having wrapped himself in his razor wire, and is getting ready to commit suicide.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"

Starcat5
Regular Poster

Post by Starcat5 »

...which is true. That said, it won't happen, because Walter STILL needs to confront the Doc over the issue of Shi.

...unless Anti-Jeeves went rouge after getting Thorned and takes over that job, of course. :eyebrow:

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Post by flyboy254 »

But Doc's already dead.
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus

Animikean

Post by Animikean »

Beautiful :,)

I don't think I-Jin Jeeves will have as easy a go of it this time,
parenthood does strange things to people

Starcat5
Regular Poster

Post by Starcat5 »

flyboy254 wrote:But Doc's already dead.
Really? Odd. All I saw was him having a flat screen TV fall on him. Unpleasant and POSSIBLY life threatening, but in no way guaranteed fatal. Was there something else I missed? Something that showed without a shadow of a doubt that the Doc was DOA? :eyebrow:

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

Starcat5 wrote:Really? Odd. All I saw was him having a flat screen TV fall on him. Unpleasant and POSSIBLY life threatening, but in no way guaranteed fatal. Was there something else I missed? Something that showed without a shadow of a doubt that the Doc was DOA? :eyebrow:
I left it intentionally ambiguous when I wrote that. The TV falling on him mirrors his fate in the original. But if you want to imagine him living on and plotting mad science back in his South American lab, go right ahead.

Schroedinger's going on the offense! But does Alucard even need to suck up any blood? He's not in any major fights right now, unlike his battle with Walter last time. What do you want to bet Luke ends up eating some of Schroedinger instead?

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Post by BigKwell »

Bit of a warning - I got a message in my inbox concerning this series, and when I clicked on it, I got some spam message. Beware of it.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Xuanwu wrote:I left it intentionally ambiguous when I wrote that.
And I tried to make it intentionally unambiguous when I drew it.

Doc is dead, folks. Squished like a bug. Shuffled off this mortal coil. This is an ex-Doc.

yamiangie
Regular Poster

Post by yamiangie »

I think the flat screen would kill him. Seeing as everyone who dies in the actual manga is going to die. That and i used to have a sound clip of two voice actors joking about almost been killed by a flat screen at a con once.
As a story element in the manga I think the death by math was stupid. At the same time one of my term papers i argued about the actual novel showed science beginning to combat and defeat the occult. So that would make death by flat screen the ultimate victory of science!

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

SailorPtah wrote:And I tried to make it intentionally unambiguous when I drew it.

Doc is dead, folks. Squished like a bug. Shuffled off this mortal coil. This is an ex-Doc.
No, no, you're not supposed to tell the readers what it means! You're supposed to let them reach their own conclusions so the comic works as an art piece that makes them reflect on their choice. So if a person goes, "Doc is still alive!" they can then look back at themselves to figure out why they would choose to see Doc as alive rather than dead. Same if they want him dead. (Insert long exposition of the use of ambiguity as a mark of "modern" comic writing here.)

Also, Doc's death being ambiguous sets up a relevant science joke: it means he's both alive and dead at the same time. The in-world creator of Schroedinger's Cat becomes the cat himself to the reader. I thought you'd appreciate the meta-humor. :D

yamiangie
Regular Poster

Post by yamiangie »

reminds me about WMG about Spike being dead or not. There was a comment about making sure Alucard doesn't eat him. Good think Doc is in Japan.

Starcat5
Regular Poster

Post by Starcat5 »

Ahhh... But without Doc, there isn't really any place to shoe horn the Shi into the comic. D:

Oh well. As long as that Werewolf gets a Jewish silver tooth through his vile black heart, AND Integra does her extended speach at the end, I'll be happy.

FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Post by FelinaofL2 »

Starcat5 wrote: Oh well. As long as that Werewolf gets a Jewish silver tooth through his vile black heart, AND Integra does her extended speach at the end, I'll be happy.
Even as a Captain fangirl, I love the poetic nature of his death. C'mon, his heart isn't as black as the Major's...
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.

Winged Knight
Regular Poster

Post by Winged Knight »

Good stuff recently, Erin. I do have to say though, Alucard is significantly older than half a century. I think you were going for millennia, right?
“You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.” Neil Gaiman

We'll drink the wine till the cup is dry,
and kiss the girls so they'll not cry,
and toss the dice until we fly
to dance with Jak o' the Shadows.

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Eheheh. Edited strip with Alucard's correct age, coming right up ^_^;

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

SailorPtah wrote:Eheheh. Edited strip with Alucard's correct age, coming right up ^_^;
....and apparently ComicGen took that as its cue to move on to Monday.

Oh well. Reloading the Sunday page should get you a corrected strip, and you get Monday's strip early! Consider it repayment for all the strips that have showed up late.