OFFICIAL Mr., Ms., & Thing ComicGenesis 2011

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Risky

Re: OFFICIAL Mr., Ms., & Thing ComicGenesis 2011

Post by Risky »

Adorabledesolation wrote:Image
Heh, that's a great entry. Gonna be hard to beat.

Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ahaugen »

I, for one, welcome our new Foodbox master!
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Post by Ti-Phil »

Foodbox definitely have my vote!
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter

peterabnny
Regular Poster

Post by peterabnny »

Well, doesn't look like I'll have my entry ready by the end of the day as I had hoped. I mean, I could do a total half-assed rush job but I wanna do something that I like and that I'd be proud of. So, guess this means I'm out and don't leave the lights on for me. :cry: :cry:

I'll keep working on it until I'm done, then I'll decide what to do with it, whether I'll release in the Doodles thread or just shelve it until next year. Or both, who knows? Cheers to the winner and VCC for her fun contest!
"I've come to accept a lot of what's wrong with this world, and there's not much I can do about it." - Johnny "Rotten" Lydon

Old school comic. New school flavor. Updated monthly.
http://www.crittersonline.org

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

peterabnny wrote:Well, doesn't look like I'll have my entry ready by the end of the day as I had hoped. I mean, I could do a total half-assed rush job but I wanna do something that I like and that I'd be proud of. So, guess this means I'm out and don't leave the lights on for me. :cry: :cry:

I'll keep working on it until I'm done, then I'll decide what to do with it, whether I'll release in the Doodles thread or just shelve it until next year. Or both, who knows? Cheers to the winner and VCC for her fun contest!
Yo man. Yo. How long would you estimate it will take for you to finish it satisfactorily? I personally would not have a problem with pushing back the deadline a day or two.

I'm nearly done with mine and should be finished sometime this evening. Is anybody else still working who would appreciate an extension to the deadline?
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Post by Yeahduff »

Ms. Eight to One, Jenna Muñoz.

Formal wear:

Swimwear:

Talent:

"I paint."

1. What is the best present you ever received?
"On my nineteenth birthday, a girlfriend in college got me an engraved flask. It has definitely made a family function or two much more bearable since then."

2. If you could be invisible for 24 hours, what would you do?
"Eh, I always opted for flight with this question. I don't get how invisibility is desirable. I mean, why do something if no one will be able to see you do it? But I guess if you need an answer, I'd probably do something mundane like shoplift or get free airfare or something."

3. What's one silly belief you had as a child?
"Back when I was in Catholic school I got it into my head somehow that in heaven, all the females had to wear pleated skirts and all the males wore slacks. Like, it seemed to matter so much to the nuns, they had to be dictating God's wishes directly, right? If it was that big a deal to dress like that just to be in school, heaven's gotta be much stricter, is how I saw things. So all these cartoons with the white robes and harps and stuff? They got it all wrong. All sweatervests, all the time. My mother would just pat me on the head when I insisted this was the case."
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

Hi-bry
Regular Poster

Post by Hi-bry »

Raven Svoboda
for Ms. ComicGenesis 2011
"LCD :: Lowest Common Denominator" by Bryan M. Richter

Hometown: Prague, Oklahoma, U.S.A.
Current town: Glenpool, Oklahoma, U.S.A.
Height: 5-foot-3 on a good day
Weight: 120 pounds
Eyes: Dark brown
Hair: Black

Talent: "Trying to find a legitimate story that would affect as many people as possible in a small market, shooting and editing it by myself, writing it so that the average eighth-grade educated television viewer can comprehend it, putting it together in a package less than a minute-and-a-half long so that the 40-year-old housewives in Bugtussle won't change the channel out of boredom... all while doing it in 3-inch heels." [LCD, Oct. 8, 1998]

Best present: "On Valentine's Day, every male employee at my station sent me roses. I had to take enough Claritin to knock over an elephant. But one co-worker, Marty, had contacted my mother to find out my favorite pig-out food. Mom sent him a recipe for kolaches, a kind of Czech sweet roll. Outside of Prague, Oklahoma, you can't get a good one. Of course, you could buy Hostess Sweet Rolls and be lazy about it. But Marty made me kolaches from scratch. Filled with cherries and topped with chocolate sprinkles. That's how a guy treats a girl."

If I could be invisible for 24 hours: "I would go to Washington, go up to every member of Congress, and give each one a good smack on the back of the head. I would go further, but my political rants wouldn't be appropriate in this forum."

The one silly belief I had as a child: "That those who got into journalism did so because they could make a difference. That's a bad reason to get into it. Technology has blown that out of the water. Look at all the uprisings in the world, and see how those people with cell phones, Facebook and Twitter have made a difference. And all those were regular people, not formally trained traditional journalists. If you really want to make a difference, invent something new, find a cure for cancer, help at a shelter."
"Television is democracy at its ugliest."
-- Paddy Chayefsky (1923-1981), playwright

LCD :: Lowest Common Denominator
a comic strip by Bryan M. Richter
LCD.comicgenesis.com

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Clarabelle Galen

Clarabelle Galen of Loud Era

"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Joseph Harper

Joseph Harper of Loud Era

SergeXIII
Cartoon Hero

Post by SergeXIII »

Sorry I missed this guys. I got very sick the past few days and was too busy vomiting to draw (though that would be a neat talent).

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Sorry to hear that Serge! Hope you're feeling better.

Since Peter didn't respond yet, I'm going to start this thing now and make the voting posts. Good luck everyone! And thanks to all who participated!

IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Re: Clarabelle Galen

Post by IVstudios »

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote: Image
Baby got back?

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Even white boys got to shout.

(I actually listened to Fat Bottom Girls a copious amount of times while drawing her entry, go figure :P )

Forsakenstars
Regular Poster

Post by Forsakenstars »

Huff, puff, am I too late?

Here are my entries nonetheless. There were many, many complications this last month. My sincerest apologies.
Sera For Miss Comic Genesis forum size.jpg
Sera For Miss Comic Genesis forum size.jpg (201.35 KiB) Viewed 5211 times
Sera in Bikini for Miss Comic Genesis Lights forum size.jpg
Sera in Bikini for Miss Comic Genesis Lights forum size.jpg (116.38 KiB) Viewed 5211 times
The Vampire Azzi for Mr Comic Genesis Lights forum size.jpg
The Vampire Azzi for Mr Comic Genesis Lights forum size.jpg (189.42 KiB) Viewed 5211 times
And here are their responses to the questions:

Transcript of Responses for Mr. Comic Genesis

The Vampire Azzi
1. Best Present? My human vessel. Without him, I might never have experienced all the sumptuous suffering and joy that humanity had to offer.

2. Oh, I have often been nigh invisible. People don't often look up or down or even right in front of themselves, they are so involved in their own plights. And there is very little in this universe I haven't done. But there is a certain comic by Milo Manara entitled Il Profumo dell'invisibile, you may know it as Butterscotch, that answers that question definitively.

3. That such a thing as unconditional love existed. Oh, and that the pyramids were made by giant ants.

Captain Sera Besh
1. My pop gave me a vr-controlled solar sail ship. I must have flown that thing until it burnt out. No wait, I think I flew it into a sun. Yeah, I was mad.

2. If I were invisible, I would personally kick so much bureaucratic ass that they wouldn't need chairs anymore so that they would get off their butts and DO SOMETHING!

3. Silly belief? That I was going to be a world famous ballerina and singer. Competing against Delven, Fairien and Crystallins though, it's easier to break an Ohm Horde Blockade than rise through their ranks.
Starring The Vampire Azzi & Captain Sera Besh. Updates Mon and Thurs.

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

I can add them in. Not sure if that will give you a disadvantage though (being a day late). let's give it a shot anyway!

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

HEY EVERYONE! I added in the entries for Forsaken Stars, and didn't realize that it would delete the votes everyone had already cast. In case you didn't see this already in one o fthose threads, please cast your votes again! Sorry for the inconvenience.

peterabnny
Regular Poster

Post by peterabnny »

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Yo man. Yo. How long would you estimate it will take for you to finish it satisfactorily? I personally would not have a problem with pushing back the deadline a day or two.

I'm nearly done with mine and should be finished sometime this evening. Is anybody else still working who would appreciate an extension to the deadline?

I'll have mine finished today (Mon., May 30). But won't extending the deadline be kinda unfair to those legitimate artists who submitted in time?

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Since Peter didn't respond yet, I'm going to start this thing now and make the voting posts. Good luck everyone! And thanks to all who participated!
D'OH!!! :oops: :( :shucks:

Well, seeing how another latecomer just submitted guess I'll go to work and do it anyway. Please stand by...
"I've come to accept a lot of what's wrong with this world, and there's not much I can do about it." - Johnny "Rotten" Lydon

Old school comic. New school flavor. Updated monthly.
http://www.crittersonline.org

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Hey peter, the only problem is, and I didn't realize this until after I added in Roblopez's entry, is that whenever I add a new option to the voting threads it deletes all of the votes that were placed before then.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with you posting them in general, and they do make a nice addition for a gallery page or whatever you have on your site (and good filler if you have to miss an update of your actual comic). I just would hate to keep restarting the voting over and over. I'm sorry that you missed it! And Rob gets away with it only because I didn't know it would whoosh away the votes that were already cast :lol:

Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Post by Yeahduff »

Don't wanna make a big deal, but this ruling seems arbitrary and not OK. But whatevs, let the show roll on.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

Forsakenstars
Regular Poster

Post by Forsakenstars »

I feel horrible! I was just happy to be participating!

Did you have the previous votes written down?

I don't feel like I got away with anything. Now I feel like I will have the ire of all the other wonderful entrants which is the last thing I wanted.

It's a sad day in my pageant career.

My sincerest apologies again.
Starring The Vampire Azzi & Captain Sera Besh. Updates Mon and Thurs.