OFFICIAL Mr., Ms., & Thing ComicGenesis 2011

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

OFFICIAL Mr., Ms., & Thing ComicGenesis 2011

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

Welcome dudettes and gentledudes to the Official Mr. & Ms. ComicGenesis 2011 Thread!

Let's cut to the chase!

- Participants may enter ONE female and ONE male character from each of their comics (if you have more than one).
ETA: May also include ONE Thing character (unclassifiable by gender) if you have one.

- Each entry must include the following criteria:
MUST BE PICTURES:
-An image of the character in formalwear
-An image of the character in swimwear
MAY EITHER BE IN TEXT OR COMIC (aka illustrated) FORM:
-The character's best talent
-Answers to the following questions:
1. What is the best present you ever received?
2. If you could be invisible for 24 hours, what would you do?
3. What's one silly belief you had as a child?
**All of these criteria must be met in order for the entry to be qualified.**

Post your entries within this thread! You have up until Saturday, May 28th. Voting will take place in a separate thread from Sunday, May 29th until Saturday, June 4th. (Please let me know as soon as possible if this timeframe is unworkable- I want as many people as possible to be able to participate, but hopefully a month and a half will be enough time).

Extra qualifications:
1. The characters you enter MUST belong to webcomics that already are running, not concept art, and not from dead and abandoned comics. (If your comic is on hiatus, characters are still qualified for entry, as ideally this might prompt you to end said hiatus after all :wink: )
2. When posting entries here, make one post for each character, and one character for each post. The thread is going to get very image heavy and it is preferable and easier to look at if each character can be looked at separately, and no posts are split among two characters.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask here. If not, best of luck and let the contest begin!
Last edited by VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

Adorabledesolation
Regular Poster
Location: I not only drive the short bus, I'm also a passenger!

Re: OFFICIAL Mr. & Ms. ComicGenesis 2011

Post by Adorabledesolation »

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Welcome dudettes and gentledudes to the Official Mr. & Ms. ComicGenesis 2011 Thread!
- Participants may enter ONE female and ONE male character from each of their comics (if you have more than one).

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask here. If not, best of luck and let the contest begin!
How about "Thing" category for a genderless or nonhuman character? :-?
One male, one female, and/or one thing?
Oh hey lookit. My banner's been approved! Adorable Desolation

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Re: OFFICIAL Mr. & Ms. ComicGenesis 2011

Adorabledesolation wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Welcome dudettes and gentledudes to the Official Mr. & Ms. ComicGenesis 2011 Thread!

How about "Thing" category for a genderless or nonhuman character? :-?
One male, one female, and/or one thing?
I saw that that had been included in the past, but didn't generate a lot of interest, it seemed. To be fair I'll add it, though. It couldn't hurt.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

Adorabledesolation
Regular Poster

Re: OFFICIAL Mr., Ms., & Thing ComicGenesis 2011

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote: I saw that that had been included in the past, but didn't generate a lot of interest, it seemed. To be fair I'll add it, though. It couldn't hurt.
Thank you, and my genderless non-human character thanks you.

Ha ha! I just noticed you changed the name of the thread! :D

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

Thing was the only category where my entries ever had a chance.

Bobadventures
Regular Poster

Post by Bobadventures »

Are we putting the Things in swimsuits and formalwear? Granted, that could be very amusing...

Adorabledesolation
Regular Poster

Bobadventures wrote:Are we putting the Things in swimsuits and formalwear? Granted, that could be very amusing...
That was certainly my plan :D

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Bobadventures wrote:Are we putting the Things in swimsuits and formalwear? Granted, that could be very amusing...

Yes. I look forward to seeing tables with hats on them and tuxes draped over their edges.

Adorabledesolation
Regular Poster

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:

Yes. I look forward to seeing tables with hats on them and tuxes draped over their edges.
Awwww, there goes my evil plan :(

Derek Dragomir
Regular Poster

Post by Derek Dragomir »

This is gonna rock! Thank you so much!
Image Image
PKMN White: 4470 0543 5339

NeoDaedalus

Post by NeoDaedalus »

I'll definitely be tossing a character into this, once I've got at least a few pages up.

SergeXIII
Cartoon Hero

Post by SergeXIII »

should we announce who we are entering now or do it when everything else is complete?

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

SergeXIII wrote:should we announce who we are entering now or do it when everything else is complete?
If you want to it wouldn't hurt, but I don't see it making much of a difference. It's up to you, whether you want your entries known or to be a surprise :)

Adorabledesolation
Regular Poster

I'm trying to decide if putting a genderless thing into a tiny bikini or a banana hammock is funny or just expected
adding an edit

Locoluis

Post by Locoluis »

Any restrictions on the character's age? I ask since my webcomic's main characters are in their early-to-mid teens (not that they look that age anyways; I suck at graphically aging my characters). Or, rather, "were", since my webcomic is set in the past and all that.

Another idea would be to draw them and have them answer the questions as they would today (in April-May 2011, instead of in February 1995), but that would be a bit spoiler-y and/or quite irrelevant to the story I'm conveying in my webcomic...

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Locoluis wrote:Any restrictions on the character's age? I ask since my webcomic's main characters are in their early-to-mid teens (not that they look that age anyways; I suck at graphically aging my characters). Or, rather, "were", since my webcomic is set in the past and all that.

Another idea would be to draw them and have them answer the questions as they would today (in April-May 2011, instead of in February 1995), but that would be a bit spoiler-y and/or quite irrelevant to the story I'm conveying in my webcomic...
I don't think there should be a problem, as long as you're not drawing them suggestively :-? If you're uncomfortable, do you have any older characters you could enter? Parents, siblings?

Locoluis

Post by Locoluis »

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:
Locoluis wrote:Any restrictions on the character's age? I ask since my webcomic's main characters are in their early-to-mid teens (not that they look that age anyways; I suck at graphically aging my characters). Or, rather, "were", since my webcomic is set in the past and all that.

I don't think there should be a problem, as long as you're not drawing them suggestively :-?
Pfft. No, I don't do that sort of thing.
If you're uncomfortable, do you have any older characters you could enter? Parents, siblings?
The jury is still out on this one. Doodling concept art, considering the possibilities of my cast. To win a multiverse beauty pageant. I must show them at their best.

Spaceprincess
Regular Poster

Post by Spaceprincess »

I'm in a similar pickle, I wanted to use both my main characters as they are the same person but at different ages. but the younger version is only 11. if sexiness is part of the contest I wouldn't be comfortable using her. if I can do cute and innocent It'd be okay. other wise I'll pick a side character.

Adorabledesolation
Regular Poster

Spaceprincess wrote:I'm in a similar pickle, I wanted to use both my main characters as they are the same person but at different ages. but the younger version is only 11. if sexiness is part of the contest I wouldn't be comfortable using her. if I can do cute and innocent It'd be okay. other wise I'll pick a side character.
What's wrong with cute and innocent?
Besides I'm not sure it's exactly a beauty pageant. I think I'd vote for a character that has a certain something -- even if that something it wasn't beauty.

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Spaceprincess wrote:I'm in a similar pickle, I wanted to use both my main characters as they are the same person but at different ages. but the younger version is only 11. if sexiness is part of the contest I wouldn't be comfortable using her. if I can do cute and innocent It'd be okay. other wise I'll pick a side character.
I agree with AD, cute and innocent is totes good.