A History of General Werres

Discussion of the Lightbringer comic, the Lightbringer universe (includes Angel Armor books), comics in general (webcomics or printed), superheroes, philosophy, and general chat between members.

A History of General Werres

Postby Gear001 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:42 am

Linkara, I was interested in doing a back story to the General. People have complained that they couldn´t see how he fell into this evil way, but I think I have a good idea for his past life and the reasons for the things that he´s done. With your permission, I would like to begin writing and drawing it.
I see the world around me. I capture it, I decypher it, analyze it. I can adapt, more than any man, more than any monster, more than any machine. I have ascended to a point where the world is a simple series of calculations and figments. I have become more than a man, less than a god, and much less humane. I have become infinite, and I have become nothing. I have become the Infinite Void, and you will be analyzed!
Gear001
Regular Poster

Re: A History of General Werres

Postby Linkara on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:57 am

Go right ahead! ^_^

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Gear001 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:33 am

Excellent! Now, is there anything about the General that you may have left to be implied, like something people may not have picked up on? For example, where was he born (Pharos, New York, Chicago, etc.)?
I see the world around me. I capture it, I decypher it, analyze it. I can adapt, more than any man, more than any monster, more than any machine. I have ascended to a point where the world is a simple series of calculations and figments. I have become more than a man, less than a god, and much less humane. I have become infinite, and I have become nothing. I have become the Infinite Void, and you will be analyzed!
Gear001
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:41 pm

Pharos didn't exist at the time he was born, so feel free to make up a location. Werres won't be seen in the comic for a while, though none of his plans that I have for future storylines involve his backstory that much.

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Gear001 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:23 am

Vielen dank! I´ll get right on to writing!
Gear001
Regular Poster

Postby Gear001 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Okay, so this isn't going as planned. D:

Procrastination, along with my general lack of talent drawing, has basically halted my progress finishing the comic. I have only four pages done, and none of them have text yet or color. :(

What I propose is that I write out the script, scan copies of some character concepts and ship them off to you for future material whenever you need it. Is this alright for you? :eyebrow:

I feel like I've wasted you're time with this, but I do believe I have a credible story for the history behind Werres. I would gladdy hand it off to you and let you do with it as you wish.
Gear001
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:40 am

LOL, don't worry about it - I wasn't waiting with bated breath on it - these things happen. ^_^

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Gear001 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Success! After Procrastinating, a trip home from Germany, the begining of school and my harddrive being fried, I have finally succeded in finishing my humble script for your comic. I just need you to look over it for things you want me to add or subtract, send it back to me, and then I'll send you a complete version along with a few of the pages I managed to draw myself and character designs!
Gear001
Regular Poster

Return to Lightbringer