HELP for Comic Genesis Signups

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Re: HELP for Comic Genesis Signups

Postby elnifichronicles on Sun May 17, 2009 10:19 am

okay, so i got both the emails mentioned.

i made a password and used the activation key.

i made a forum account with the same login and password.

i can log into the forum but when i try to log into the site admin page, i get this...

Forum Username elnifichronicles not valid!
You must have a ComicGenesis Forum login (or you entered a bad username or password, it is CASE SENSITIVE.)

Please see below for possible correct spellings:

Logout to try again (hit cancel)

i also gotten this page to come up
Usernames and passwords are case sensitive, use the same username and password that you would use to login to your site via FTP.

Please make sure that cookies are enabled, firewall/privacy "enhancement" is disabled for this site, and that you are using:
IE5.5 or later,
Mozilla 1.2 or later,
Opera 6 or later.
If you are having problems logging in, please request a new password with Lost Password, activate it and then close all web browser windows, or verify that your cookies are enabled with Cookie Write test (If the codes for read and write do not change when you reload, there is something wrong with your browser or firewall configuration)
If you are seeing this exact same page over and over, your browser is not sending the form correctly, please upgrade to a standards compliant browser or turn off software firewall/privacy software

but when i enter my username and password, i get this

This page requires authentication, please goto the Login page.

pls let me know what i am doing wrong
elnifichronicles

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Sun May 17, 2009 2:31 pm

There is currently a known issue with SiteAdmin not letting new members in which is still being worked on.

In addition to that, you will need to change yur username because your username starts with a lower case letter. In order to get into SiteAdmin you need your first letter to be a capital. Follow the instructions I linked to in order to fix this problem.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sarah on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi! Comic genesis is not receiving my comic. My sample was submitted in JPEG format off a flash drive.

I hit the "Browse" button

The correct file name shows up in the space next to the "Browse" button.

I submit my application.

after two or three minutes, the blank application form shows up again and above it are red letters saying that the file was empty or unsent. This is utterly baffling. I've tried to submit my application using two different computers and the same problem occurs. I don't think the problem is my flash drive. Each computer could read my files easily. What could be the problem?

Thanks so much for your time :-)
Sarah

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:56 am

Wow, that is weird. Never heard of that one before.

Did you try moving the file onto the hard drive? I don't see how that would make a difference.

What are the specs of the image? It might get rejected if it is too big. It shouldn't exceed 1000 pixels on its longest side or 500Kb in size.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby jonas72 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:43 pm

hell i cant even get in to try and load a page to send.
jonas72

Postby Daddy TwoCoats on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:58 pm

I have received my site password and all... but when I went to register the forums account for siteadmin I was told that my email address was already registered for a different username... perhaps I tried to register some time ago and forgot. That username is nowhere in my records and there is no way to retrieve it... so I created this account under another email address, but I can't get into siteadmin with it either, presumably because my comic is registered for the other email address. What can I do?
Daddy TwoCoats

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:18 pm

Hmm... the "email already taken" error is kind of a hard one. If you knew what username it was then you could get the password emailed to you - but there is no way to search through the list of emails in the forum. If you send a pm to Kisai or STrRedWolf, one of them might be able to find out what your original username was.

However, that would not affect you being able to log into SiteAdmin. There is a known problem with SiteAdmin not letting new members in, read the "Can't log into Siteadmin?" thread at the top of the Help Centre for more details.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby IceKeyHunter on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Hi,

I made a stupid, stupid mistake and I've been having a difficult time rectifying it. I will concede that this is entirely my fault and that I blame no one but myself, but I appreciate any help that can be provided.

I registered my comic and everything went perfectly fine. For some reason I thought to give it the username "epitaphcomic," as opposed to simply "epitaph" which is definitely available and more convenient, desirable, and easier for people to remember.

I know that new users are told to consider username choices carefully and that I, not heeding the warning, am fully responsible for my own error. However, I would very much like to fix this so I can comfortably post my comic without worrying about people having to remember an unwieldy and unnecessary URL. I have re-registered, under the new name, but it's been three weeks with no email back, and I'm assuming the admins simply do not want to grant me a second account for the same comic. I understand this, and do not wish to rush or criticize anyone, but I have been very patient and I already have enough comics completed to last a year. If I HAVE to be stuck with "epitaphcomic," so be it. I'll live. But if anything can be done I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,
Kris
IceKeyHunter

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:00 am

Wow, that's odd.

Last time I checked, having multiple accounts was not a real issue. It might be that the registration system was not running for x, y, z reason when you attempted to register the second time.

As far as I know, if one is signing up then the account name can't be changed once the account is created, but there is nothing in the ToS that says you can't register a new account and let the old one get deleted.

Check your spam folders and if you didn't get any emails at all from your second registration attempt, then register again now. You should first get a confirmation email which basically says "are you sure" and then seven days later you should get the "welcome" email with your account details.

Let us know how it goes - if the registration system isn't working, then we ought to be told about it...
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby IceKeyHunter on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:51 am

Dr Neo Lao wrote:Wow, that's odd.

Last time I checked, having multiple accounts was not a real issue. It might be that the registration system was not running for x, y, z reason when you attempted to register the second time.

As far as I know, if one is signing up then the account name can't be changed once the account is created, but there is nothing in the ToS that says you can't register a new account and let the old one get deleted.

Check your spam folders and if you didn't get any emails at all from your second registration attempt, then register again now. You should first get a confirmation email which basically says "are you sure" and then seven days later you should get the "welcome" email with your account details.

Let us know how it goes - if the registration system isn't working, then we ought to be told about it...

Thanks, but if I did that, wouldn't I have to pick a third name? I don't know if it means anything, but my comic is still on the GUIDE system list. And also I should mention that the first time I registered I had used the same email address and everything went perfectly fine.
IceKeyHunter

Postby goldenflex on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:22 pm

um hey there

i signed up so i can start my comic here in CG (august 14 i think)
and i did everything and i got the first email (august16)
that was two weeks ago and i have not gotten the welcome email (now its September)

so just in case um just wanted to know if not getting welcome email after 2 weeks is normal
oh and i saw a post saying that yahoo is blocking email but its dated 1 years ago.. was this fixed?
i really dont like to bother anyone but can anyone tell me anything? is this my fault or wat?

user: starknights (if i gotten the welcome mail)
comic name : star knights
email : starKnightsx@yahoo.com

Help Plz ! i really want to see my comic
goldenflex

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:21 am

@ IceKeyHunter: which comic is in the Guide system? The old one, the new one or both? We'll ignore the old one as it is the one that you don't want. If you can see the new one (the one that you do want) then this means that your account was created, but you didn't get the welcome message.

@ goldenflex: we are currently experiencing troubles with the Comic Genesis system (the problem is systemic and affects all users, Admins are working on it). This specific issue is new. Combining your report with IceKeyHunter's, it would appear that the Registration system has broken down as well. We'll need to investigate this to see what the issue is.

If you got the confirmation email (the first one that basically says "are you sure you want a comic account") then you'ved done everything right and the ball is in our court.

Edit: @ goldenflex - is this your comic? If so, then your account is in the system. You may need to get in contact with the Admins to see if they can poke the server and get the registration system to finalise your account.

Edit: @ IceKeyHunter: is your comic on this list? Those are all the comic submissions that have been received by the CG registration system but not had their full accounts created yet.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby IceKeyHunter on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:10 pm

Dr Neo Lao wrote:@ IceKeyHunter: which comic is in the Guide system? The old one, the new one or both? We'll ignore the old one as it is the one that you don't want. If you can see the new one (the one that you do want) then this means that your account was created, but you didn't get the welcome message.

@ goldenflex: we are currently experiencing troubles with the Comic Genesis system (the problem is systemic and affects all users, Admins are working on it). This specific issue is new. Combining your report with IceKeyHunter's, it would appear that the Registration system has broken down as well. We'll need to investigate this to see what the issue is.

If you got the confirmation email (the first one that basically says "are you sure you want a comic account") then you'ved done everything right and the ball is in our court.

Edit: @ goldenflex - is this your comic? If so, then your account is in the system. You may need to get in contact with the Admins to see if they can poke the server and get the registration system to finalise your account.

Edit: @ IceKeyHunter: is your comic on this list? Those are all the comic submissions that have been received by the CG registration system but not had their full accounts created yet.

My comic is on that list twice; for each time I re-registered.
IceKeyHunter

Postby goldenflex on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Dr Neo Lao wrote:@ IceKeyHunter: which comic is in the Guide system? The old one, the new one or both? We'll ignore the old one as it is the one that you don't want. If you can see the new one (the one that you do want) then this means that your account was created, but you didn't get the welcome message.

goldenflex
yes thats my comic , umm which admin should i contact, heck how do i even contact the admins?
thxs for the help ether way
goldenflex

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:15 pm

Send a pm to Kisai or STrRedWolf (or both).

Not sure yet if the new accounts system is working or not (takes eight days to find out for sure).
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby IceKeyHunter on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:14 pm

Dr Neo Lao wrote:Send a pm to Kisai or STrRedWolf (or both).

Not sure yet if the new accounts system is working or not (takes eight days to find out for sure).

Eight days from now, or eight days since sign-up? If it is working, my account should go through tonight, since I registered 7 days ago.
IceKeyHunter

Postby Darana on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:43 am

Hello,

I am experiencing similiar difficulties. I received an email that said I would not get my password for at least 7 days after entering the verification code. I entered the verification code the next day. That was August 7th. So it has been over the 8 days to know if the system is working or not that was mentioned.

My comic is listed on the pending approval list. So I am not certain if I just need to continue to be patient or if there is something I need to do? It does appear there is a long list for the admins to go through yet.

I also noted in one of the sign up processes a note that said DO NOT contact the admins regarding sign ups. If this is just a delay, about how far behind is the approval process? The delay has worked in my favor since the system I was using to create my comics on died and it will be another couple of weeks before I can replace it and get up and running again.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Darana

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:44 pm

How it is supposed to work:

Day 1: New person fills in registration form.

Day 1 + X minutes (depending on server load, email system, etc): New person gets the confirmation email. This is the first email and requires the new user to copy a code from said email to the confirmation page linked in the email.

Assuming the person does not reply, that application is deleted after 14 days.
Assuming the person does reply with the correct code, that application is put on the "pending creation" list.

Day 7/8/9: Approximately 7 days after confirmation code is entered, comic account is created and the Welcome email is sent to the new user. This gives additional instruction to the user on how to get their comic account up and running.

No reply is needed, though the new user might need to set up an FTP password at this point.

Assuming that the account is created and the user does nothing, accounts with 3 or less comics uploaded (at this stage, the comic would have 1, the sample submitted) are deleted - usually roughly three times a year, though not less than 90 days after comic account created.

Assuming that the accout is created and the user starts uploading comics, it can take up to an additional 48 hours for all features on the account to be available. After this, the account should be running normally, and the user can edit the templates, upload comics, delete unwanted comics and so on.

At the moment, it looks like there are a lot of accounts sitting in the "confirmed but waiting creation" stage. If you can see your comic in the list linked above but it has been more than 14 days then there might be a problem.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Darana on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:51 pm

There definitely seems to be a problem then with my registration since it has been a month and no welcome letter. I do not know if this related to the registration difficulty posted earlier in this threat, or not. What should the next steps be then?
Darana

Postby goldenflex on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:10 pm

so far my comic is still on the waiting list but i still didnt get the welcome mail

i pm one of the admins and they told me to use the lost password but that still dint work and i havent gotten any type of mail
any news about this if i should wait or try againand make a new account?
goldenflex

PreviousNext

Return to Help Center