Good/cheap domain+hosting

Think your comic can improve? Whether it's art or writing, composition or colouring, feel free to ask here! Critique and commentary welcome.

Good/cheap domain+hosting

Postby Lianweijun086 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:52 am

Hey guys, I wasn't exactly sure where to post this. I don't particularly dare to wander into GD, anymore, and it didn't really seem to fit in the Help section, because it's not CG specific. As you've probably already gathered from the title, I'm fiddling with the idea of moving on to freer pastures. Getting my own domain/hosting so I can dip into some of that php/sql action. That being said... do any of you know a good place to get a domain and/or host? Also, what kinda of prices would I be looking at for a year. I think I'd be easily willing to spend $100 +/- $10 or $20. Thanks!
Updates Tuesdays and Saturdays. Any and all comments/criticisms will be greatly appreciated!
Lianweijun086
Regular Poster

Re: Good/cheap domain+hosting

Postby Wendybird on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:15 am

I know that GoDaddy.com is good. I only use them for domain listing/forwarding and security, but that's reasonable, and with that comes a lot of free extras like a very basic form of hosting. I don't know if that would be sufficient for your purposes, and I don't remember their prices for their other forms of hosting. But they're definitely a good company to check out.
Wendybird
Regular Poster

Re: Good/cheap domain+hosting

Postby Lianweijun086 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:58 pm

Thanks Wendy! I looked up godaddy.com for some reviews and such, and I actually noticed FatCow.com on the top 10 of 3 or 4 different lists. I checked it out, and they give you a free domain + unlimited everything for just $44 a year! I also called up their support and was surprised to get a human in less than a minute... I'm really impressed with their services so far. For anyone interested in a domain/hosting check it out! http://www.fatcow.com/fatcow/special-pr ... fer=moopon

PS. I hope I'm not breaking any rules with this post. But if I am, admins can feel free to edit or delete this post as they see fit. Thanks!
Updates Tuesdays and Saturdays. Any and all comments/criticisms will be greatly appreciated!
Lianweijun086
Regular Poster

Return to Technique Tips and Tricks