The Plot Cometh?

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.
Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Re: The Plot Cometh?

Post by Brynnie-chan »

(drooling a little bit, shuddering, and wide eyes)

I'm sorry, I seem to be overcome with joy. Sunday's strip was absolutely farking GLORIOUS. Some of your best work, Erin.
Keito_Hime wrote:
Brynnie-chan wrote:...I should be a little more surprised than this. But mostly I'm thrilled because this means that things will either go very well, or very badly.
I could make arguments toward both paths so my imagination is on overload.

For some strange reason however, my default imagined scenario at the moment is a battle scene, however short it might be, between Maggie and Walter. It would make for a great reunion scene, especially Walter's dialogue as he kept on the defensive (not wanting to harm Maggie). In short (and in understatement): It would be awesome.
...And now I'm overcome with MORE joy. Nice theory, but any more and I may become comatose.
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Michigami wrote: i'm already in the middle of an AU series set where walter got killed during the WWII mission and alu "saved" him. much wacky death-filled fun ensues until alu has a little too much fun and gets locked up, leaving walter to fill the role of hellsing's pet vampire.

gets a little wacky after alucard gets released accidentally, goes nuts, and destroys most of the organization before taking over england, and walter raises baby integra in hiding.

if i ever get around to finishing it, i might leave a link for the masses to read. psycho!king-alu is kinda fun to write, too.
Oh, wow. I would love to read this.

Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Post by Kazokuhouou »

Yeah, that does seem a little bit lacking in hindsight. Then again, I get the impression that this is Maggie's first battle, so I'll forgive her.
Keito_Hime wrote:
Mrrout wrote:i would say the guy in the dark is Joker
But he's in the war room... And that past comic we were given as a hint makes it look like the guy wears round lensed glasses.
Which DOESN'T discount Donnie, if memory serves, he gave his glasses to Yomiko, and could have easily gotten new ones.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

Maggie should have created a paper chute that would have sent the wreckage of the plane into the ocean. Alucard would've died right there. He's lucky she's not a very experienced paper user at this point, otherwise fire would not be an issue for her.

Keito_Hime
Regular Poster

Post by Keito_Hime »

Kazokuhouou wrote:
Keito_Hime wrote:
Mrrout wrote:i would say the guy in the dark is Joker
But he's in the war room... And that past comic we were given as a hint makes it look like the guy wears round lensed glasses.
Which DOESN'T discount Donnie, if memory serves, he gave his glasses to Yomiko, and could have easily gotten new ones.
Agreed, good point. And Maggie's recent line is interesting. Who exactly taught her to strike hard and fast? Donnie?

Mrrout
Regular Poster

Post by Mrrout »

this storyline takes place after the burning of the british library--> shouldn't Donnie be dead?

Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Post by Kazokuhouou »

Mrrout wrote:this storyline takes place after the burning of the british library--> shouldn't Donnie be dead?
Who says he didn't fake his death?

Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Post by Brynnie-chan »

Kazokuhouou wrote:
Mrrout wrote:this storyline takes place after the burning of the british library--> shouldn't Donnie be dead?
The manga. I know that what's being followed here is ROD the TV, or Read or Dream, but as far as I know, both of those use the events of the manga as canon.
Oh yeah...

Starcat5
Regular Poster

Post by Starcat5 »

"Only YOU can prevent battleship fires." :twisted:

Keito_Hime
Regular Poster

Post by Keito_Hime »

Only you can prevent carrier fires!

EDIT: Wow... this thing didn't update with your post till after I posted my own version of exactly what you said. I thought I was beating everyone to it. I'm so sad. Sorry Starcat! Want me to take this down?

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

Brynnie-chan wrote:
Kazokuhouou wrote:
The manga. I know that what's being followed here is ROD the TV, or Read or Dream, but as far as I know, both of those use the events of the manga as canon.
ROD the TV specifically has Joker tell Yomiko Donnie is alive. In fact, it's him showing her Donnie's current state (it's not revealed to the viewer) that triggers the destruction of the library. Since I think Erin is using ROD OVA + TV (and not manga), Donnie is alive. Just...not in good shape.

Mrrout
Regular Poster

Post by Mrrout »

Xuanwu wrote: ROD the TV specifically has Joker tell Yomiko Donnie is alive. In fact, it's him showing her Donnie's current state (it's not revealed to the viewer) that triggers the destruction of the library. Since I think Erin is using ROD OVA + TV (and not manga), Donnie is alive. Just...not in good shape.
when Joker shows Yomiko Donnie's current state, he's got something in his hand, which looks like a videotape.i thought that this "videotape" was all that was left of Donnie, and that it was the reason of Yomiko's anger

Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Post by Kazokuhouou »

I am ashamed to admit it took me five minutes to get why the bear was appropriate.
Brynnie-chan wrote:...I should be a little more surprised than this. But mostly I'm thrilled because this means that things will either go very well, or very badly.
I'm thinking badly now, cause it occured to me that Alucard killing Maggie might be the impetus for Walter to turn to the dark side Millenium of his own free will.

Also, for the hell of it, I suggest three more people as the Man in Shadows:

Pepito (cause all we need now is a reason for Madeline to get in on the action)
Gilbert/Prussia (since it's debatable whether he still exists in the modern world or not, he might be wanting to conquer England and make it the new Prussia)
Vladimir Putin (......okay, I blame LOL News for this, I HAVE no other explanation. particularly since I don't think he was in power at this time.)

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Post by BigKwell »

(reads latest strip)

Too bad Maggie didn't have the bear wearing a ranger hat and carrying a shovel. :lol:
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Kazokuhouou wrote:Pepito (cause all we need now is a reason for Madeline to get in on the action)
I will reveal that Pepito is dead. (Not he'll-get-better dead, not undead, but really, honestly killed.)

I haven't yet decided whether he and Madeline have kids/grandkids lurking around the Shineverse, though.

Mars
Regular Poster

Post by Mars »

Awww, Pepi's dead? Oh well... -shifts eyes- kids if you plz?
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

SailorPtah wrote:
Kazokuhouou wrote:Pepito (cause all we need now is a reason for Madeline to get in on the action)
I will reveal that Pepito is dead. (Not he'll-get-better dead, not undead, but really, honestly killed.)

I haven't yet decided whether he and Madeline have kids/grandkids lurking around the Shineverse, though.
Let me guess: Pepito joined a certain group of mercenaries in WW2 who named themselves after water fowl.

Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Post by Brynnie-chan »

Hmmm. Weird story - I had a dream about how Shine would turn out, and though this is tamer (so far) than what I pictured (it was a dream, not a fantasy, so no control over images, shut your pervy minds), I have a feeling that my first instinct was right. This will either go very badly, or very well.
SailorPtah wrote:

Wasn't Madeline talking to someone named "Mal-chapeau" in this strip right here? So when did Pepi die?
Oh yeah...

KLCtheBookWorm
Regular Poster

Post by KLCtheBookWorm »

Maggie stopped Alucard's judging his opponent monologue, which usually segues into his manic wanting a challenging fight! Too bad Walter had no idea she existed for all this time. I'm guessing Millennium has threatened her mother; standard bad guy behavior because it is so effective. And I find the idea that Walter and Jeeves could have been paper users if they hadn't discovered dental floss nifty. :D

Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Post by Brynnie-chan »

Anyone else think Alucard's crazy-spreading-coat-and-wild-hair-silhouetted form in the second panel is adorable in a Tim Burton kind of way? :3
Oh yeah...