Anime Discussion Thread

A place where posters can comment on the comic, chat with the artist and his friends who are in the comic, and discuss anything and everything geeky.

Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Postby niko2pico on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:40 pm

ApparentlyTsundere wrote:Ok, I'll agree with one thing, trigun is pretty deep...at times.

As for the other one, never heard of it, suprisingly.

And that is why my fountainhead reading, Nietzsche quoting, Socrates imitating ass loves that series.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:46 pm

ApparentlyTsundere wrote:LOL, anyone care to discus elfin lied? Or maybe just the first seven minutes? XD

I still can't believe I actually finished it. It was not conducive to my therapy. XD

How do I handle the first seven minutes tastefully. Well there is a huge alegory with like nudity being a metaphor for innocence and yet she was doing all that horrible stuff only and later turned into an infant like schizo-bitch. Beyond that there is so much to discuss. We view her killings as murder, yet she was of a completely different species so was it really? Was it predation? Territory? Or was it really just murder? The boss represents an evil that scares me because it's the kind we are all capable of. He thought that what he was doing was good, he wasn't necessarily doing it for personal gain, he was doing it to help people. We all could fall down this path each of us has the abillity to think that we can fix the world better than anyone else and along the way lose sight of the fact we're really just fucking up worse.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby ApparentlyTsundere on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:58 pm

niko2pico wrote:
ApparentlyTsundere wrote:LOL, anyone care to discus elfin lied? Or maybe just the first seven minutes? XD

I still can't believe I actually finished it. It was not conducive to my therapy. XD

How do I handle the first seven minutes tastefully. Well there is a huge alegory with like nudity being a metaphor for innocence and yet she was doing all that horrible stuff only and later turned into an infant like schizo-bitch. Beyond that there is so much to discuss. We view her killings as murder, yet she was of a completely different species so was it really? Was it predation? Territory? Or was it really just murder? The boss represents an evil that scares me because it's the kind we are all capable of. He thought that what he was doing was good, he wasn't necessarily doing it for personal gain, he was doing it to help people. We all could fall down this path each of us has the abillity to think that we can fix the world better than anyone else and along the way lose sight of the fact we're really just fucking up worse.

As eloquent as that was, I'm afraid your mistaken. The Japanese just wanted to see a naked chick decapitate people. Nothing more nothing less. If your looking for a sense of deepness In a violent series go watch higurashi no naku koro ni, all it is is small children killing the crap out of one another a billion times...
ApparentlyTsundere
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:39 pm

ApparentlyTsundere wrote:
niko2pico wrote:

As eloquent as that was, I'm afraid your mistaken. The Japanese just wanted to see a naked chick decapitate people. Nothing more nothing less. If your looking for a sense of deepness In a violent series go watch higurashi no naku koro ni, all it is is small children killing the crap out of one another a billion times...

I'm sorry but i refuse to believe that a aeries which is so ostentatiously trying to be deep could be nothing more than a topless chick decapitating people. Maybe the first seven minutes were just that but there is no way the rest of it was.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby ApparentlyTsundere on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Well, as much as I honestly want to believe that the anime was deeper I can count at least 10 animes just off the top of my head that's sole purpose is to be random and trick people into trying to analyze them at a deeper level only to realize that the show is solely random mindf*cks. An example of such would be as follows; bobobo-bobo-bobobo, SGT. Frog, Crayon Shin-Chan, Higurashi no naku koro ni, The Haruhi Suzumiya series, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Ichigo Mashimaru, Princess Ressurection, Glashima, Gokujou Seitokai, Minami-ke, Okawari, Nanaka 6/17, Ouran high school host club, And FLCL. IS THAT TEN?
ApparentlyTsundere
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:24 pm

ApparentlyTsundere wrote:Well, as much as I honestly want to believe that the anime was deeper I can count at least 10 animes just off the top of my head that's sole purpose is to be random and trick people into trying to analyze them at a deeper level only to realize that the show is solely random mindf*cks. An example of such would be as follows; bobobo-bobo-bobobo, SGT. Frog, Crayon Shin-Chan, Higurashi no naku koro ni, The Haruhi Suzumiya series, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Ichigo Mashimaru, Princess Ressurection, Glashima, Gokujou Seitokai, Minami-ke, Okawari, Nanaka 6/17, Ouran high school host club, And FLCL. IS THAT TEN?

I challenge you on FLCL.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby ApparentlyTsundere on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:51 pm

And I immediatly back Down From that, I actually didn't realize I had put that there. FLCL is actually exactly what were talking about. XD though the first two times I saw it I really couldn't figure it out, then the third and fourth times, I realized how complex it actually was. Go fooly cooly.
ApparentlyTsundere
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:11 pm

Okay then. anyone (shelby) read the Hellsing Manga?
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:43 pm

ApparentlyTsundere wrote: bobobo-bobo-bobobo, SGT. Frog, Crayon Shin-Chan, Higurashi no naku koro ni, The Haruhi Suzumiya series, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Ichigo Mashimaru, Princess Ressurection, Glashima, Gokujou Seitokai, Minami-ke, Okawari, Nanaka 6/17, Ouran high school host club, And FLCL.

I can't help but notice that Neon Genesis Evangelion isn't in this list, and therefore the list is incomplete.
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby niko2pico on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Dreamaniaccomic wrote:
ApparentlyTsundere wrote: bobobo-bobo-bobobo, SGT. Frog, Crayon Shin-Chan, Higurashi no naku koro ni, The Haruhi Suzumiya series, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Ichigo Mashimaru, Princess Ressurection, Glashima, Gokujou Seitokai, Minami-ke, Okawari, Nanaka 6/17, Ouran high school host club, And FLCL.

I can't help but notice that Neon Genesis Evangelion isn't in this list, and therefore the list is incomplete.

I should flag this cause Evangelion clearly is meant to be read into, and thoughts like yours are criminal.
Last edited by niko2pico on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby ApparentlyTsundere on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:31 pm

Dreamaniaccomic wrote:

This list is animes considered to be pointlessly random, NGE has so much depth it needs to go on this lists polar opposite. You my friend are ignorant of the complexities of human nature oftentimes found in NGE.
ApparentlyTsundere
Regular Poster

Postby ApparentlyTsundere on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:39 pm

niko2pico wrote:Okay then. anyone (shelby) read the Hellsing Manga?

Actually, no. Vampires in anime is a fine line between sparkly and epic, but after watching vampire knight, I have been scarred away from vampire series since. However, that's not to say I don't like vampire shows like Blood +, Trinity Blood, and misselaneous others. I know Hellsing is one of those epic vampire animes, but I'd generally rather explore other generes.
ApparentlyTsundere
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:40 pm

What Shelby said. Lurk Moar Commodor
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:43 pm

ApparentlyTsundere wrote:
niko2pico wrote:Okay then. anyone (shelby) read the Hellsing Manga?

Actually, no. Vampires in anime is a fine line between sparkly and epic, but after watching vampire knight, I have been scarred away from vampire series since. However, that's not to say I don't like vampire shows like Blood +, Trinity Blood, and misselaneous others. I know Hellsing is one of those epic vampire animes, but I'd generally rather explore other generes.

Actually yeah. It is good but really it's not great. The main character is overpowered and boring, the supporting cast is great, but beyond that it's a pretty good action manga.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby ApparentlyTsundere on Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:04 am

elliot was saying something about the Hellsing OAV's the other day, the likelyhood of me actually watching it isn't very high though. It's just not my style.
ApparentlyTsundere
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:46 pm

Ok everyone check it out. Full metal alchemist brotherhood.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby ApparentlyTsundere on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:04 am

Really? What's with you and being behind the curve? All the animes you've listed, well most of them anyway, were really hyped awhile ago.

I digress. Actually, Brotherhood is on my list to be watched- I wanted to re-watch the original first so I can see the differences between the original anime story and the actual story.
ApparentlyTsundere
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:42 pm

Regardless of how long ago they were hyped they remain good. And many of the forum users don't know about them.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby ApparentlyTsundere on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:50 am

Something I find surprising actually. As a supposed anime club last year, I'm really surprised at how little some of us know. Like, I could name on one hand the amount of actual inegrossing conversations I had about the subject, unless you discount the two debates comparing Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden. On he other side, I wish I had a dollar for every time I had to explain 'shounen' or 'bishojo'. Hell, I wish I had a nickle for every time someone asked me what anime was.

But agian, I digress.
ApparentlyTsundere
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:26 pm

I agree I left anime club mainly because all it was was you drawing, Tim and Hunter cuddling, and Elliot, Jake, and Eric playing pokemanz. I can barely draw, I'm straight, and I have a life. And thus I just didn't fit in on that club.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Dreamaniac