Q/A Thread!

Talk to the creators of Drow Love and discuss this DnD-based comic.
BobTheDragon
Regular Poster

Re: Q/A Thread!

Post by BobTheDragon »

StillAlive wrote:<3
So, Drow Love:
What are your feelings on bards?
Flan: The continued communication of history - regardless of how biased or skewed it may end up being - is an important part of the creation and development of any society.

Onion: :O??

Luminance
Regular Poster

Post by Luminance »

So, Drow Love:
Arinae: bards are dumb.

Lueali: Like Flan said, bards are very important to our culture! They spread news, not to mention songs and stories. Personally, I'm always impressed by a good performer, since I never really learned to play an instrument myself.

BobTheDragon
Regular Poster

Post by BobTheDragon »

Luminance wrote:
So, Drow Love:
Lueali: Like Flan said, bards are very important to our culture! They spread news, not to mention songs and stories. Personally, I'm always impressed by a good performer, since I never really learned to play an instrument myself.
Flan: After all, if not for bards, who would paint such elaborately onesided and delusive tales as those they tell to young Surface elflings?

Sheala23

Post by Sheala23 »

BobTheDragon wrote: Flan: After all, if not for bards, who would paint such elaborately onesided and delusive tales as those they tell to young Surface elflings?
Fie: Don't paint with such a broad brush.

Luminance
Regular Poster

Post by Luminance »

Sheala23 wrote:
BobTheDragon wrote: Flan: After all, if not for bards, who would paint such elaborately onesided and delusive tales as those they tell to young Surface elflings?
Lue: I'm sure the tales drow bards spread are completely unbiased in any possible way.

BobTheDragon
Regular Poster

Post by BobTheDragon »

Luminance wrote:
Sheala23 wrote:
Lue: I'm sure the tales drow bards spread are completely unbiased in any possible way.
Flan: At least the drow KNOW their stories are 10% useful fact and 90% bullshit. And Fie: I'm not implying that ALL of them are, just that bards are the ones who create tales like that. I imagine it takes serious training to spin together the lies and truths of a culture into a cohesive, manipulative, story.

Mortality

Post by Mortality »

@ Orion: I baked you a chocolate chip cookie (unpoisoned) but Flan ate it, how does that make you feel?
ToxicZombieCake wrote:Like madness in a can

BobTheDragon
Regular Poster

Post by BobTheDragon »

Mortality wrote:@ Orion: I baked you a chocolate chip cookie (unpoisoned) but Flan ate it, how does that make you feel?
Onion: :O :/.... :D?

Shinigamii02
Regular Poster

Post by Shinigamii02 »

So, Drow Love:

Drea: There niffty. Did you know that when I was younger I took up playing the violin and accordion. But I'm not a bard and thus lack the spells to use behind them, plus i don't think I'm very good and only play out at sea around my crew. v///v
HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT!

Sheala23

Post by Sheala23 »

Shinigamii02 wrote:
So, Drow Love:

Drea: There niffty. Did you know that when I was younger I took up playing the violin and accordion. But I'm not a bard and thus lack the spells to use behind them, plus i don't think I'm very good and only play out at sea around my crew. v///v
Fie: The more you play around an audience, the more acclimated you'll be to it.

Shinigamii02
Regular Poster

Post by Shinigamii02 »

Drea: No really I'm not that good. I only know a few songs and some of the dances to go with them. *scratches back of head* I'd probably make your ears bleed.
HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT!

Sheala23

Post by Sheala23 »

Shinigamii02 wrote:
Drea: No really I'm not that good. I only know a few songs and some of the dances to go with them. *scratches back of head* I'd probably make your ears bleed.
Fie: I'd say, "Practice makes perfect", but you don't listen to me anyway.

Shinigamii02
Regular Poster

Post by Shinigamii02 »

Sheala23 wrote:
Shinigamii02 wrote:
Fie: I'd say, "Practice makes perfect", but you don't listen to me anyway.
Drea: What would be the point my instrument is my blade.
HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT!

Mortality

Post by Mortality »

BobTheDragon wrote:
Mortality wrote:@ Orion: I baked you a chocolate chip cookie (unpoisoned) but Flan ate it, how does that make you feel?
Translation please :eyebrow:
ToxicZombieCake wrote:Like madness in a can

BobTheDragon
Regular Poster

Post by BobTheDragon »

Mortality wrote:
BobTheDragon wrote:
Translation please :eyebrow:
Onion: :<! :O :O :O!

AmaXennos

Post by AmaXennos »

Just so you know when I say everyone I'm asking EVERYONE! :3

@Everyone; If an employer gave you an very strange package (as in smells wierd, shakes, purrs, and occasionally sneezes pink glittter) and gave you the choice of taking it to a person or keeping it. Would you keep it or take it to said person?

@Everyone; Can you cook? And can you do a cart wheel?

@Everyone; Where do you get your clothes?

@Lue; Could you hook me up with your tailor?! Or did you make those robes yourself?

@Lue; You go through all this stress yet you have no wrinkes!! Wow! Do you mind sharing you secret?

@Fie; How many pairs of glasses have you gone through since you got your first pair or are they not even real?

@Flan; How would you feel if Onion was, somehow, going to have kittens? And would they stay and travel around with you guys?

@Onion; Pssst~ How long does it take Flan to dress?

@Granth; Is you hair always that length or has it been longer? Also, were you that tall when you were younger or did you go through a very lage growth spurt?

This questions have nothing to deal with anything, but there are so many! x3! <3
Sorry if they are too personal~

Yubi Shines
Regular Poster

Post by Yubi Shines »

AmaXennos wrote:@Everyone; If an employer gave you an very strange package (as in smells weird, shakes, purrs, and occasionally sneezes pink glitter) and gave you the choice of taking it to a person or keeping it. Would you keep it or take it to said person?
Autem: There are other factors -- if it was a delivery of magical supplies, strangeness is to be expected. There is the possibility of the box being sabotaged, but any would-be assassin should be more discreet. So, in general, I would deliver the package as instructed.
AmaXennos wrote:@Everyone; Can you cook? And can you do a cart wheel?
Autem: Of course I can cook! I'd have starved a long time ago otherwise. Though if you're asking for cuisine, you're barking up the wrong tree.

...I don't think I've cartwheeled since I was about sixteen. It's not really something that comes up.

AmaXennos wrote:@Everyone; Where do you get your clothes?
Autem: It isn't as if I can afford a tailor. Most of what I wear is used and have to be sturdy and warm. Beyond that I can't really be picky. Sometimes you can be lucky, if someone has canceled a commission at the last minute and the clothier has to sell it at a reduced price, but usually what happens there is they recycle the materials somehow.

I don't skimp when it comes to boots. Life is too short for cheap boots.
Last edited by Yubi Shines on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."

Sheala23

Post by Sheala23 »

AmaXennos wrote:@Everyone; If an employer gave you an very strange package (as in smells wierd, shakes, purrs, and occasionally sneezes pink glittter) and gave you the choice of taking it to a person or keeping it. Would you keep it or take it to said person?
Fie: Considering I'm self-employed, I find this question is troubling.
AmaXennos wrote:@Everyone; Can you cook? And can you do a cart wheel?
Fie: While I believe my culinary expertise is at least on par with the average man's, I find that not everyone agrees with me. (It is possible they are just jealous of my ability, it is important to consider that).

Additionally, while I don't see the relationship between these two questions, in regards to cartwheeling I will go ahead and just say, "Not really, no".
AmaXennos wrote:@Everyone; Where do you get your clothes?
Fie: I have a tailor in town I frequent when I feel my wardrobe has fallen out of fashion. While I can't say I'm very concerned about what others think of my appearance, matching the local dress is important if you need to blend in.
AmaXennos wrote:@Fie; How many pairs of glasses have you gone through since you got your first pair or are they not even real?
Fie: I don't see the merit in wearing glasses that "aren't real" (I will assume you are speaking about the corrective power of the lenses). They are not a fashion accessory and I assure you they are quite necessary in order for me to see. I have been wearing glasses for about 150 years, but I do still have my original pair somewhere in my bag. I have "gone through" exactly ten, including the set currently sitting on my nose, and their match in my breast pocket. Five for distance, and five for reading. They last quite long, as I know "Mend", but wearing the same pair forever would be boring.

Shinigamii02
Regular Poster

Post by Shinigamii02 »

@Everyone; If an employer gave you an very strange package (as in smells wierd, shakes, purrs, and occasionally sneezes pink glittter) and gave you the choice of taking it to a person or keeping it. Would you keep it or take it to said person?
Drea: I'd re-sell it.
@Everyone; Can you cook? And can you do a cart wheel?
Drea: Yes, I can cook. To be honest I love to cook. And I can do about 6 back flips in a row, of course I can cartwheel.
@Everyone; Where do you get your clothes?
Drea: I steal them from Merchant ships, and tailor shops. And I buy my boots Autem is right, nothing is bad about buying good boots.
@Fie; How many pairs of glasses have you gone through since you got your first pair or are they not even real?
Drea: Pfft he was like a hundred of the damn things, he's so prissy.

Granth: My hair was much shorter when I was at a younger age, it has grown simply because it does not hinder me. IF it ever did I would remove it. And I was blessed with my height at an early age by Lolth herself. :I
HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT!

Sheala23

Post by Sheala23 »

Shinigamii02 wrote:

Drea: Pfft he was like a hundred of the damn things, he's so prissy.
Fie: You are such an ass.