Pumpkin Flower 200+ pages

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

Pumpkin Flower 200+ pages

Postby Fishies on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:10 am

Over 200 pages now! It's lasted three and a half years.

http://pumpkinflower.comicgenesis.com/

Pumpkin Flower! The slightly meandering tale of a boy stalked by a ghost. Together they watch youtube, flout astrology, and (I have been told) be very 'cute.'

The cast of this fantastic tale?

Tea - besieged by beverage jokes his solace is history and being a doormat. He takes stalking surprisingly well.
Dell - an amnesiatic ghost who believes in fairies and like computers.
Ane - Tea's older brother. Enjoys drinking alcohol, being prettier than most girls, and setting people on fire.
Ciar and Michel - Attempting to solve a murder mystery and getting nowhere fast.
Edgar - His not so secret dream is to become a mafia boss.
Ince - Has magical powers and will not hesitate to date artifacts. May have banged Tea's mom.

Do I have a sample page, you ask? Why yes, yes I do!

Warnings: Implied gay sex, implied lesbian sex, drowning imagery, cross-dressing, conspiracy plots, dead people, magic, libraries, blood, hand-holding, cuteness for the sake of cuteness, hand drawn text, meandering plots.
Last edited by Fishies on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fishies
Regular Poster

Re: Pumpkin Flower 100+ pages

Postby Fishies on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:17 pm

Passed the two year mark this Halloween. Yay!
Fishies
Regular Poster

Re: Pumpkin Flower 150+ pages

Postby Fishies on Fri May 29, 2009 11:08 am

Two and a half years, 165 pages, and the end of the first plot arc is almost in sight.

After this backstory chapter I'm going to be trying to tie everything up and answer almost all questions that have been raised (except for the ones needed for arc two).
Fishies
Regular Poster

Postby Lianweijun086 on Sat May 30, 2009 9:29 am

I love the art! Especially the way it's colored! I'll be sure to get reading as soon as I give myself a break from jobhunting! T_T NEED a JOB... lol
Updates Tuesdays and Saturdays. Any and all comments/criticisms will be greatly appreciated!
Lianweijun086
Regular Poster

Postby Fishies on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:11 am

Thank you, I hope you like it!
Fishies
Regular Poster

Postby Lordthenightknight on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:47 am

Have trouble telling what's going on, but it's just the first set of strips. I do like the artwork. It reminds me of some books I grew up with.
Lordthenightknight
Regular Poster

Postby Fishies on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm told it's confusing a lot, don't worry. I'm trying to fix it. I kinda wrote all over the place, especially at the start. A bit ago I went through the whole comic and made of list of everything that needs to be explained/followed upon/concluded.

I hope to fix as much as possible in the next few chapters so most things make sense, and then I can start the next plot arc fresh and keep it tidier this time .__.'

I'm glad you like the art, thanks!
Fishies
Regular Poster

Postby Synaptic-misfires on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:18 pm

Good story and I really like the art style, keep up the good work!
Synaptic-misfires

Postby SevenCurrents on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:37 am

I am honestly delighted by your comic. I'm never delighted. It's a new thing for me.

My face is contorting in strange ways... cheeks bending, teeth shining.

...is this... happiness?
---
-Enc
SevenCurrents
Regular Poster

Postby Fishies on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:36 pm

Synaptic-misfires: thank you so much. I'm glad you like it!

SevenCurrents : That is one of the nicest comments I've ever gotten :O Thank you!
Fishies
Regular Poster

Postby Mana_GenMinusOne on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:28 pm

I love this comic from what I looked at so far (I took a bit from the start and a bit from the latest comics). The art style is adorable and I love the minimal use of lines and colors in each panel - it's just enough to get the image across. I also like how you trust the images themselves to tell the story, instead of relying on unnecessary text. I can see how it might be confusing at times because of it, but I didn't really mind :)
Mana_GenMinusOne

Postby Fishies on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Thank you! I'm really glad you liked the art. Usually opinions on it are either hate or love ehehe...
Fishies
Regular Poster

Postby medicalman on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:40 am

wow, I'm really impressed. Its always refreshing to see a "graphic novel" type story on the internet instead of just daily gag strips.... I've never seen a style quite like yours, if I could describe it in one word it would be "soft" heh. The story is also very engaging, I read it all in one long sitting. I can see this getting big, I would probably buy this if it were a book... Keep up the good work! :)
www.brettharder.com- online graphic novels!
medicalman

Postby Fishies on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:19 am

medicalman wrote:wow, I'm really impressed. Its always refreshing to see a "graphic novel" type story on the internet instead of just daily gag strips.... I've never seen a style quite like yours, if I could describe it in one word it would be "soft" heh. The story is also very engaging, I read it all in one long sitting. I can see this getting big, I would probably buy this if it were a book... Keep up the good work! :)

Aw, thanks! I'm not very confident in my writing so I'm glad you liked the story!

Oh and there's now about 190 pages... and it' nearing the end of the first plot arc!
Fishies
Regular Poster

Re: Pumpkin Flower 190+ pages

Postby Fishies on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Pumpkin Flower is off hiatus with a new chapter. Currently an old lady is beating our main character with an umbrella.
Fishies
Regular Poster

Postby Fishies on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:56 pm

So the first arc just ended and we're in intermission. Which is like regular the comic but not coloured. Yay!
Fishies
Regular Poster

Return to Comic Pitching