The Official Comic Cookout Six: Nashvegas! (2009) Thread

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster

Re: The Official Comic Cookout Six: Nashvegas! (2009) Thread

Post by Dragonkingdoms »

Room 512 here. Right next to the Kolters, or at least across, depending whether the rooms are done by evens and odds seperate (510, 512, 514 & 511, 513, 515, etc). It sounds like tomorrow will be an exciting day, so for those that are missing this year's cookout, please try to come next year. Remember, your first year is the toughest.

Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Post by Killbert-Robby »

Dragonkingdoms wrote:Room 512 here. Right next to the Kolters, or at least across, depending whether the rooms are done by evens and odds seperate (510, 512, 514 & 511, 513, 515, etc). It sounds like tomorrow will be an exciting day, so for those that are missing this year's cookout, please try to come next year. Remember, your first year is the toughest.
The second is, really

Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Post by Rkolter »

Dragonkingdoms wrote:Room 512 here. Right next to the Kolters, or at least across, depending whether the rooms are done by evens and odds seperate (510, 512, 514 & 511, 513, 515, etc). It sounds like tomorrow will be an exciting day, so for those that are missing this year's cookout, please try to come next year. Remember, your first year is the toughest.
You're across the hall from us - I was using your door as a target for the nerf guns earlier. I can't wait until you're standing in it! :D

I'm up at 5:30am because Tristan wanted to be the first person up today at the cookout.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

RUN I'M COMING FOR YOU!!! BWAHA HA HA!!!!

Glad I popped in for a bit via Delta/GoGo's onboard wifi service. Connection speed is nice at 10,000ft+, probably EVDO. Of course, this is coach, so I'm a bit squished.

Still, when you can SSH out... you can IRC under the radar. :D
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

At the hotel now, room 532.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

Americangothic
Regular Poster

Nashvegas! (2009) Thread

Post by Americangothic »

Yay... we've been to the Parthenon, the Riverfront Park, 2nd Ave. Tourist traps and ate lunch at Sitar Indian restaurant.

Tonight everyone is currently in the meeting room.... probably delivery pizza.

Aggie

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

Okay, the webcams are up at http://forums.comicgenesis.com/webcam/. They're being refreshed about every 5 minutes.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ekolter »

It's Sunday and the party's over. Most are still sleeping at this hour. My 5:30am wake up call is wiggling like a wiggle monster in his crib atm.

I (and my beloved geekling) crashed around midnight. Rumors of other crashing around 2am or later. Can you say "COFFEE!" or "MONSTER".

Pictures and videos will be posted when we all recover. :twisted:

Thank you Aggie. One hell of a party. Food rawked. Dear friends, you will be missed until we meet yet again.
8-)

Americangothic
Regular Poster

Cookout Expense Sheets

Post by Americangothic »

These are the rough totals for everyone to view in case there are questions. This will also help people who may want to volunteer for next year to see what the process is like to run something like this.

Donation pool travel:
Dotty Airfare: -$520.00
Silent B Airfare: -$220.00
Lia Airfare: -$310.00
Kolter travel: -$320.00

Donation pool Hotel room three nights: -$237.00
Complementary Cookout Fees (website building etc.): -$140.00
Neely's Catering: -$318.46
Food Lion Grocery: -$95.10
Meeting Room: $117.00

Donations in:
+$1000.00 Aeridus
+100.00 Dylan
+500.00 Laemcral
Cookout Fees: +560

Total Income: +2160.00
Total Outgoing: 2277.00+-

Aggie's various Additional Expenses:
Pizza Dinner Friday night -83.00, Donations in: 50.00+-
Sitar Restaurant Friday Lunch: -141.00, Donations in 100.00+-
Parthenon Entrance Fee Friday: 78.00 Donation in 40+-
Gasoline/Transportation (tank of gas) 75.00

Notes: if we had not filled the 10 block of rooms, the meeting room was $200.00 per day. For Friday and Saturday it would have been an additional $400.00 and our quality of food would have gone down dramatically. By getting the 10 block filled, we were given the discounted rate of $100.00 per day. Because the pool was broken, they comp'ed us and only charged us $117.00 for the whole she-bang.

Saturday Catering: Provided by Neely's BBQ at 16.50 per person, plus 1.75 per person desserts. Included cole slaw, baked beans, breads, pulled pork, chicken and ribs, peach cobbler and brownies. Food catered from Food Lion included 6 bags of chips, tub of chip dip, three containers of humus, two tubs of feta cheese and goat cheese, sliced cheese plate, two types of crackers, three bags of salad lettuces and greens, three aluminum pans. Additional foods were donated by Lissa and Erin- salad dressings and cupcakes, cookies.

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

That's actually not bad. Cookouts prior to asking for $35 per person were generally funded by the Kolters. With the $35 per person, they tended to break even - including costs like our gas and things we would have otherwise paid for - but we had more folks attending.

Congrats Aggie; it was a well done cookout, no pun intended. You did a great job, and it was a whole lot of fun. We couldn't have asked for a better time.

Anyone want to run it next year? Cortland? :wink:
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Post by Alschroeder »

What he said. VERY enjoyable cookout, Aggie. Kudos!---Al
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroe ... series.php--Flickerflame</a>

Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Faub »

ladydarke and I had an amazing time! Thank you everyone.

Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dotty »

I'm still in America, but I wanted you all to know I had an absolutely fabulous time!
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die

Hogan
Regular Poster

Post by Hogan »

I more or less made it back yesterday and is still pretty groggy, but still... it was an awesome time and an awesome cookout!

Thanks to everyone for making it so, and especially to Aggie for having taken up the cookout mantle for this year and done such a great job with it! :)
When webcomics clash: The Webcomic Crossover & Cameo Archive!
Here it comes... the CameoComic