Bigger Boys and Broken Laptops

A place for the tens of fans of the comic to meet up and discuss the strip.

Bigger Boys and Broken Laptops

Postby Fourth Floor on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:35 am

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: My computer is dead. Not just broken but dead like a living animal without a head might be considered dead. It's hard to say why - some horrible symphony of hardware and software malfunctions which have sundered my faithful laptop. That computer was my whole life, and this is how it ends - not with a bang but a whimper. It coughed, it spluttered, it has given up the spirit of computerness which until now separated it from a doorstop with a plug. I managed to transfer all the files for the site and the strip before the flimsy structure collapsed around me.

In accordance with sod's law the three-year warranty expired a couple of months ago. And this just as I was about to catch up on the schedule.

Maybe God doesn't want me to make webcomics.

I might be able to get it fixed, assuming the Holy Grail really exists and assuming water poured from that vessel doesn't just heal Indie's dad but also works on home electronics. I any case, I suggest you all come back later for more strips. As in much later. As in don't hold your breath. I can't even write news posts right now. Please bear with me - I'm sure I can get back on my feet in a couple of months, after this whole 'university' thing has blown over. The management apologises for any inconvenience caused.

Sorry if this sounds terse - I am still grieving.
Fourth Floor
Regular Poster

Re: Bigger Boys and Broken Laptops

Postby Perk_daddy on Sat May 02, 2009 9:43 pm

I'm still here, El Guapo!

Good to see you gird your loins and keep slogging through.
ImageImage
Perk_daddy
Regular Poster

Re: Bigger Boys and Broken Laptops

Postby Fourth Floor on Mon May 18, 2009 12:59 am

Thanks, Jefe! My loins are well and truly girded. I have an exam the day after tomorrow and I'm working on another update today! I think my loins are girded with reinforced concrete. Still, at least I have a computer again.
Fourth Floor
Regular Poster

Return to Life on the Fourth Floor