Who'd like to RP?

Talk to the creators of Drow Love and discuss this DnD-based comic.

Re: Who'd like to RP?

Postby Shinigamii02 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:57 am

Le Candy Corpse wrote:So... where can we start posting applications? And, just because I have all these books and nothing to do with them anymore, what edition does drowlove lean more toward? I'm assuming 3rd, but I'm not entirely sure.

It is 3.5 actually. So yeah 3rd edition. Screw 4th edition. And, um, I have no idea. We might make a separate thread for ooc and apps.
HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT!
Shinigamii02
Regular Poster

Postby Le Candy Corpse on Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:03 pm

Oh thank goodness. I thought for a moment i was the only one shunning fourth edition. I'll iron out my character a bit more until the idea of applications is finalized, thank you ^^
Only Granth Can Kill Gods
Le Candy Corpse

Postby BobTheDragon on Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:21 pm

Shinigamii02 wrote:As for the sheets I'm don't think point buys are really good for this type of thing. Set a level preferably below 10, a class, and feats. then describe your character if you want. But mostly I say go for in game descriptions, meet the characters threw your own character. But that's just me.

okok, wait, wait, nonono, please, do NOT make me look at feats D: That's my least favorite part of DnD. And I really really REALLY do not want anyone to be forced to learn the DnD system to have fun here.

It seems to me that this concept of a really loose, informal rp is getting kinda convoluted at this point XD;; I thought we weren't having apps and we were just intending to start RPing and seeing how it goes from there? <:3?

(admittedly, I may or may not just be somewhat mentally tired from dealing with character/story critique all freaking semester XD;;; Admittedly again, there's a likely chance I will not partake of this RP, since I'm not one for writing much <:3;; )
BobTheDragon
Regular Poster

Postby Shinigamii02 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:11 pm

It seems to me that this concept of a really loose, informal rp is getting kinda convoluted at this point XD;; I thought we weren't having apps and we were just intending to start RPing and seeing how it goes from there? <:3?

Yeah your right. That is stupid. i agree no apps, lets just like get to know characters threw game. And noooo Bob you have to play with me.
HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT!
Shinigamii02
Regular Poster

Postby Yubi Shines on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:19 pm

I still think there should be at least some thread to post character profiles, even if we aren't necessarily going to be using them as applications.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Yubi Shines
Regular Poster

Postby ToxicZombieCake on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:57 pm

Character profiles are fun, but probably shouldn't be required.

Seriously guys- I've never seen so many people just TALK about RPing and never actually do it. Time to stop waffling (mmm...breakfast) and someone -anyone- PLEASE step up to the plate and get this ball rolling. Honestly, I'd start, but I don't think I'm the right choice for an opening post.

DO EET.
ToxicZombieCake

Postby Luminance on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:40 am

ToxicZombieCake wrote:DO EET.

I can't be the one this time, I graduate on Sunday and have a lot of things I need to do right now. I'll jump in when I have time but I don't know when that's going to be.
Luminance
Regular Poster

Postby Yubi Shines on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:25 am

I'm free. I'll write up an IC and OOC thread.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Yubi Shines
Regular Poster

Postby Mortality on Sun May 03, 2009 11:37 pm

If you are to creat an RP section make sure you assign the proper RP friendly people to the section as well as set up a type of RP guidelines, Rules, Character format, a discussion thread, an Idea thread and a "Help me" Thread for those who are lost.

Place these in a RP section but have a seperate section for character creation, so you won't clog up the RP section or back it up cause if that happens I ainý using the plunger
ToxicZombieCake wrote:Like madness in a can
Mortality

Postby Le Candy Corpse on Mon May 04, 2009 8:44 am

Yeah, the OOC thread is pretty much all of that goodness in one. However guidelines probably wouldn't be there, as it's pretty much common sense. Nobody really pays attention to character creation/there won't be THAT many characters. I think I'll be fine to just post there, or message an individual for help if you really deem it necessary. ^^
Only Granth Can Kill Gods
Le Candy Corpse

Postby Sheala23 on Mon May 04, 2009 10:15 am

Mortality wrote:If you are to creat an RP section make sure you assign the proper RP friendly people to the section as well as set up a type of RP guidelines, Rules, Character format, a discussion thread, an Idea thread and a "Help me" Thread for those who are lost.

Place these in a RP section but have a seperate section for character creation, so you won't clog up the RP section or back it up cause if that happens I ainý using the plunger

That's a silly idea. We're not kids, we can just RP without having to have nannies. If you need a Help Section, then this RP is not for you.
Sheala23

Postby BobTheDragon on Mon May 04, 2009 10:17 am

Le Candy Corpse wrote:Yeah, the OOC thread is pretty much all of that goodness in one. However guidelines probably wouldn't be there, as it's pretty much common sense. Nobody really pays attention to character creation/there won't be THAT many characters. I think I'll be fine to just post there, or message an individual for help if you really deem it necessary. ^^

<3 you Candy
BobTheDragon
Regular Poster

Postby ark7 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:39 pm

I don't really see a need for dice rolls or character sheets, since we're all mature enough to play for the fun of role-playing and building a story together (as opposed to behaving like rabid kids who need to prove they have the strongest build/pokemon). However, I think there should be some general guidelines to fair play and some rules to tell how powerful a character can be, so that we avoid "unpleasant surprises". I'm also in favour of an introductions thread where people shortly explain who/what their characters are (and it's also the place to post sheet-related stuff, if you think it's necessary). I already have a character I've been wanting to play for quite some time, I'll use her as an example of how you could possibly set up the mechanics part:

Nova Shadowstalker (obviously not her real name)
Level: whatever's good for you, but preferably between 7 and 14
Race: Sun Elf Fey'ri (but much weaker than the official DnD version)
High scores: Intelligence (primary), Dexterity
Medium scores: Charisma, Wisdom
Low scores: Constitution, Strength
Classes: Rogue, Ranger, Arcane Trapsmith [custom]
Strong points: Headshot, sneaking, poison, traps, battle strategy, DIPLOMACY
Weak points: Melee, fighting without preparation, uncooperative team

I'm not going to post background stuff here because it would take even more space, so I'll save it for the introductions thread if there is one.

(This thread made me register XD)
ark7

Previous

Return to Drow Love is Tough Love