Help me write a paper?

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Help me write a paper?

Postby Mvmarcz on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:01 pm

Hey everybody, I'm in a bit of a bind. I have 2 weeks in which to write a 1000 word paper about a painting project I have to do. One of the problems I have is the project is normally a research project but because I am a visual arts major it's to produce a series of work but the guidelines are for research. Well because of everything that's happened I've gotten very behind in this project. I've only finished 2 of the 12 paintings I have to create by April 29th and the paper that goes with them is due April 8th. I can write an ok paper when a class calls for it but this is so much more specific and, well, difficult for me. It has to be about the work but it also has to have research elements. I've been gathering information and I've written about half the required number of words but that doesn't mean it's a cohesive paper by any means. I need someone who knows alot about well written papers and art to help me but the only local friend I have who is "qualified" is kind of wrapped up in her thesis right now so I can't ask her for help. I'm willing to pay what I can for services rendered but I need help fast so that I don't fall on my face here. The project wasn't eligible for Visual Arts majors for a while cause the last student to get it took the money and ran, now they don't hand over the cash till the project is done but I don't want to screw it up and ruin the department's chances for participation.

Basically I need an Editor
NJ: "You know the drill, you're AWESOME!"
I am the artist formerly known as M2
Mvmarcz
Cartoon Hero

Re: Help me write a paper?

Postby LibertyCabbage on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:27 am

Alright, PM me and I'll take a look. (And I'm not interested in money, so don't worry about it.)
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:00 pm

I can help with grammatical things and such, but my paper writing differs greatly and I'm not really that skilled in art knowledge, but i can help with grammar and sound and such and act as an art layman reading the paper. (also uninterested in payment).
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby KWill on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:04 pm

I've proofread for money in the past, though mainly for people that needed a native English speaker to go through their stuff and, as with Lego, I no experience in the art field. Not gonna ask for payment either, though LC might be the best suited for the job.
KWill
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wendybird on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:12 pm

I could maybe be helpful. I did the art/English ID major at my school, still have a bunch of my books, I've worked as a proofreader and I've also been helping with the high school's senior papers. I work for free.

Hope I'm not too late?
Wendybird
Regular Poster

Postby Mvmarcz on Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:14 am

No I haven't sent it up to anyone yet, I'm debating just sending the half finished part or trying to write the rest and send it then for checking.
Mvmarcz
Cartoon Hero

Postby KWill on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:32 pm

Wendybird wrote:I could maybe be helpful. I did the art/English ID major at my school, still have a bunch of my books, I've worked as a proofreader and I've also been helping with the high school's senior papers. I work for free.

Hope I'm not too late?

All the time? You monster. That's someone's beer money!
KWill
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wendybird on Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:24 pm

But I do work for the people who need their beer money!
Wendybird
Regular Poster

Postby Mvmarcz on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:14 pm

I just sent it to Wendybird but if the rest of you still want to give it a go over let me know
Mvmarcz
Cartoon Hero

Postby LibertyCabbage on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:26 pm

I'm up for anything whenever.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Return to Off Topic