Boys photographing girls.

The place where no good punk-asses and aimless hipsters come to discuss a rather lousy comic.

Re: Boys photographing girls.

Postby Nanda on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:03 am

Yeahduff wrote:Just caught Wristcutters: A Love Story. Involves a trio of self-inflicted dead people hanging out in purgatory, searching for things they're pretty sure they're not gonna find. Came about this close to greatness, but I can deal with really-goodness, particularly when it involves finding a balance between the surreal and the apathetic. Recommended.

I saw that recently, too. Pretty good. Interesting.

I finally saw Milk last night. Gus Van Sant reminds me of François Truffaut - films attempting to do more than simply entertain or even provoke thought, but to incite people to action. Well played, sir.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Re: Boys photographing girls.

Postby Yeahduff on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:52 am

Did I know Gus Van Sant directed that? Maybe I forgot. Either way, I've been meaning to see that for a while.

Just caught Notes On A Scandal. Still deciding what I think about it, though everyone in the film being crazy makes it hard to determine who the protagonist is supposed to be. I will say Judi Dench and Cate Blanchette are great in it, as they always are. Judi's got some quality put-downs.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Previous

Return to Eight to One