Penguicon

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Penguicon

Postby TheNewsGuy on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:24 am

Greetings! This is going out to all the webcomic folk on board (or at least those in/near the midwest here in the states).

I'm in charge of the webcomics track this year at Penguicon 7.0. Penguicon is officially a Science Fiction and Open Source software con, but is also very strong in gaming, filk and (as is important here) webcomics. In fact, last year our Guest of Honor was Randal Monroe of XKCD. (We've also had Howard Taylor, Neil Gaiman, Cory Doctorow, Jennie Breeden, Rob Baldur, Megan Gedaris... well, you get the idea... lot's of fun folks).

This year the Con is May 1st through 3rd in Romulus, Mi. I'm busily confirming folks that have said they were coming, and I'd really like to get a few more people (names big and small) on the panels, so if you're interested let me know. It's always a good time, the webcomic panels are always well-attended, and people bring money to spend!

Dave
TheNewsGuy

Re: Penguicon

Postby TheNewsGuy on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:36 pm

Oops. Fixed the typo. The Penguicon link now actually leads to the Penguicon page. Mea Culpa.

Dave
TheNewsGuy

Return to Community Get-Togethers