Betrayal

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Betrayal

Post by Kazokuhouou »

Well, it DID say Limited Release complete. And I'm eager to see Hellsing's reactions to WHY Yomiko burned the library

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Re: Betrayal

Post by SailorPtah »

Good call - there is indeed a new storyline on the way. Even though it continues the conversations of the earlier one, the focus shifts from flashback to present, where loyalties are shifting...

Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Post by Brynnie-chan »

Heeeeeee!!!!! (claps)

The main ROD plotline! HURRAH! But that means that some of the characters won't be showing up (i.e., Ridley), but that's okay, because other characters probably will! Do we get to see Wendy?
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Brynnie-chan wrote:Now, is it because Azira knew the library would burn down, or because he knew about something... else?
Aziraphale knew he had to keep the scroll away from the British Library. That's all I'll say for now ^_~
Brynnie-chan wrote:But that means that some of the characters won't be showing up (i.e., Ridley), but that's okay, because other characters probably will! Do we get to see Wendy?
Since this is from OVA/anime continuity, Ridley and the other manga-only characters may never appear. Wendy, on the other hand, definitely exists in the Shineverse, so she'll definitely be showing up eventually...

Darthmiho
Regular Poster

Post by Darthmiho »

Sardonic Nenene time now? Or perhaps doctor?

/has been running or playing in one dnd game or another most of the evening and is bamboozled.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

I guess this arc will have to take the place of Shine or Die 2. Oh, well. Any reason to get Erin to draw Yomiko is a good one.

Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Post by Kazokuhouou »

AAAAAH OMG That is perfect. Why didn't I think of that?

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

Oh, I forgot about this idea. Major as a fanboy for War and as a fanboy for Integra both made sense to me. I even imagined his cyborg body being steered by a little fanboy version of him, ala some of the aliens in Men in Black.

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Post by BigKwell »

(reads latest strip)

To tell the truth, I'm not surprised that the Major WOULD show-up clinging to War's wrist.

But in all seriousness, I suppose that this is the new thread. So naturally, I would like to hear why Yumiko would set the British Library aflame.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking

Snowcat
Regular Poster

Post by Snowcat »

That is one of the best ideas ever. :D :D :D

I like the way Famine and War look.

Winged Knight
Regular Poster

Post by Winged Knight »

Death of Endless?

As much as I love seeing her (which is strange, in a way, considering what she is. But I can't deny it, she's so damn cheery I just love seeing her) I'm not sure she would be the appropriate Death for this, unless this is just a gag strip. She has always said that she is not something that takes sides or goes out with a will to spread death. She just IS. No more, no less. The very act of Death, not simply an incarnation. So it would seem strange that she would meet up with the Horsemen with the intention of willfully spreading death. She is death, she just happens. She has no agenda.

Well, my rant is done, and it was probably very confusing. The God of Writing (One of several) that is NEIL GAIMAN (Caps for respect) made those seven entities very hard to describe in language and words, even if you get the concept of them, just a little, in your head. So I probably stumbled a bit. Hope it was clear enough.
“You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.” Neil Gaiman

We'll drink the wine till the cup is dry,
and kiss the girls so they'll not cry,
and toss the dice until we fly
to dance with Jak o' the Shadows.

Abadon XXX
Regular Poster

Post by Abadon XXX »

*giggles* War has a fanboy
Darksong: o.o I completely forgot I was wearing pants
Darksong: *glares at cats* YOU ARE NOT ME! STOP TRYING TO USE MY COMPUTER AND CHAIR
She who rides in single file to hide her pie ~Reyome
I wasn't aware we needed proof that Andrew was, in fact, crazy. I've been aware of this for years. ~Lord Massacre
Muah ha ha ha. Now with your real name I can do creepy stalker things to you. ~Xuanwu

Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Post by Brynnie-chan »

That...was adorable. :D And yay! It was the REAL Death! And since it's Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, it's still part of the continuity! Hooray~!
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde

Mars
Regular Poster

Post by Mars »

-raises hand- I thought the "Death" in Good Omens was a totally different one than the one in Discworld or Sandman. I'm guessing it's easier to make it the Perky Goth than making a skeleton (I tried. it's time consuming and hard-to-do from memory if you don't know the "Bones" Song.)
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

Mars wrote:-raises hand- I thought the "Death" in Good Omens was a totally different one than the one in Discworld or Sandman. I'm guessing it's easier to make it the Perky Goth than making a skeleton (I tried. it's time consuming and hard-to-do from memory if you don't know the "Bones" Song.)
It's implied the Death in Good Omens is Discworld Death's boss from Reaper Man.

Mars
Regular Poster

Post by Mars »

Xuanwu wrote:
Mars wrote:-raises hand- I thought the "Death" in Good Omens was a totally different one than the one in Discworld or Sandman. I'm guessing it's easier to make it the Perky Goth than making a skeleton (I tried. it's time consuming and hard-to-do from memory if you don't know the "Bones" Song.)
It's implied the Death in Good Omens is Discworld Death's boss from Reaper Man.
You mean the guy who's as large as the sky? o.o He must've watched Joan of Arcadia (because in that series, God would appear in different forms from what I've heard.)
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

Mars wrote:You mean the guy who's as large as the sky? o.o He must've watched Joan of Arcadia (because in that series, God would appear in different forms from what I've heard.)
Right. They have the same name, I believe.

Mars
Regular Poster

Post by Mars »

Xuanwu wrote:
Mars wrote:You mean the guy who's as large as the sky? o.o He must've watched Joan of Arcadia (because in that series, God would appear in different forms from what I've heard.)
Right. They have the same name, I believe.
Yep. Both of 'em are "Azrael". I kind've thought that the semi-us world would have their own Death (But seeing as we have issues agreeing on anything, I guess Azrael just said "forget it." and worked on shrinking.)

Ooh I got it!

Darthmiho
Regular Poster

Post by Darthmiho »

Re: Comments related to Death of the Endless.

Much as I love her, my favorite endless easily has to be Destruction. Never mind the fact that with the exception of our different colors of hair and facial hair we look alike....he's fun is all. But then again I guess that reflects his nature as one of the endless.

Mars
Regular Poster

Post by Mars »

-reads latest strip- I guess Yomiko's gonna need lotsa therapy.

Ooh I got it!