Nice Stuff

Postby Jmilfred on Thu Dec 20, 2001 1:07 am

I was sitting at my computer, avoiding a number of things I should be doing, when I found your site. I really like the strip a lot. I'm not sure what I think of the photo backgrounds. I'm probably just jealous that I didn't think of it first. Backgrounds are a labor for me and I tend to avoid them when I can. Its not the best strategy, but comics are just a hobby, so what the hell.<P>Anyway. I just wanted to express my appreciation for your work since I know how it feels to have a dormant forum.<P>Later.<P> <A HREF="http://www.inkography.com" TARGET=_blank>www.inkography.com</A> <p>[This message has been edited by jmilfred (edited 12-20-2001).]
Jmilfred

Postby Steve Emond on Fri Dec 21, 2001 8:39 am

Hehe yeah, thanks. The forum was busy for a month or so about a year ago, but that was mostly my girlfriend and a friend of hers.<P>The backgrounds are actually a big pain to do this way! Bit *do* like the look of it, and it's a novelty that gets people to give it a second look. And a second look is a second read which is a second chance they'll like it!<P>Do you like it?? Please tell me you like it!
*sounding desperate again*<P>Well, thanks for posting. Now I know who it was that visited my site!<P>~Self depracating Steve
Steve Emond
Regular Poster

Postby Jmilfred on Wed Dec 26, 2001 7:18 am

Hey. Belated Merry Christmas. To answer your question, yes I do like the photo backgrounds. Only because you're a talented artist who is able to pull it off. Your characters seem to really interact with the scenery as opposed to just being pasted on it.<P>I didn't mean to say that it would be any easier to draw the backgrounds either. I should know better. I would guess its more difficult to do successfully as you have done.
Jmilfred

Return to Steverino!