The Official Livejournal Substitute Thread!

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Re: The Official Livejournal Substitute Thread!

Postby KWill on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:58 am

Tellurider wrote:I didn't mean to imply that you didn't...

DAMMIT STOP MAKING ME RESAY STUFF!

DAMN YOU KWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! *shakes fist dramatically at sky!*

>=D

Today has started off nicely.

Now all that needs to happen is that I find that Atrocity album I didn't know existed but can't live without and it might end up the best Tuesday evah!
KWill
Cartoon Hero

Postby Eve Z. on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:10 am

What was I thinking? XD

Duh.
...what goes around, comes around.
Eve Z.
Dead Humanoid Walking

Postby Col on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:13 am

Dr Legostar wrote:
Col wrote:I'd watch Calvinball if it was a professional sport.

Calvinball can never be a professional sport, it is by nature amateurish.

I'd watch if it was on tv at least.
Col
Cartoon Villain

Postby Rkolter on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:59 am

Ow. I just bit through my lip while eating popcorn - I have a little bloody pouch in my inner lip now.

And so I decided to eat more carefully and promptly bit my tongue.

No more popcorn for me.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Eve Z. on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:16 pm

THIS should be the longest topic in the history of the Internet! :o :D

and I can understand PERFECTLY all they're saying there. :)
Eve Z.
Dead Humanoid Walking

Postby Mvmarcz on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:45 pm

huzzah I scored a $200 portrait commission today for a drawing I could do in my sleep!!! :D!

also I DID vote so mneh(long complicated explanation as to why has alot to do with the fact that I have no car) :P My ballot had no write in area so I voted for someone I knew wouldn't win I couldn't bring myself to NOT click a box since I was standing in the booth anyway. Voted for local offices as well so yay. happy now? Can I start bitching now?

And I didn't get a sticker :(
meanies

OH and I'm actually going to have a painting finished for its due date :D Today WAS a good day :)
NJ: "You know the drill, you're AWESOME!"
I am the artist formerly known as M2
Mvmarcz
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:37 pm

Mvmarcz wrote:Can I start bitching now?

Absolutely. Although you might want to wait until he at least gets into office. ;)

There are forty-million people outside honking their horns, shooting guns off into the air (!!!), and generally causing a ruckus. Which would be fine, except now I want to sleep.

*shakes fist*

Oh well. At least it's a happy ruckus.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:47 am

Mvmarcz wrote:And I didn't get a sticker :(

I haven't gotten a sticker for voting in a while. I totally forgot they existed.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Eve Z. on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:06 am

forget it. i have nothing to say here, anyway.
Last edited by Eve Z. on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eve Z.
Dead Humanoid Walking

Postby Tellurider on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:24 am

now that the US election is over, I can finally relax about the future of my country (my biggest worry was that we'd have some sort of disaster like in 2000) and focus on the next cloud of IMMINENT DOOM.

I'm taking the chemistry GRE on Saturday, as in this Saturday, November 8, and I have NOT STUDIED AT ALL. Sure I took like 30 hours of chemistry classes in college. Sure my current job description is "chemist". But I'm kind of at a huge disadvantage to all the people taking this test while still IN college who learned this stuff last semester instead of three or four YEARS AGO.

It is all my own fault for not studying, I have brought this doom upon myself, and a national election that I already voted in by mail-in ballot a full week ago, thus making my part in it effectively over, is hardly any excuse no matter HOW big a deal it is. No, no I am just a slacker that would rather squander time hunting down episodes of the Daily Show and Colbert Report than invest any time into my future career and happiness.

So basically I'm an idiot and I'm stressed out and totally totally doomed and there's nothing I can do about it now and I just don't really know what to do with myself.

On the bright side, I don't *have* to have scores for this test for every university, so I can at least see what they are first and if they're total shit then I just won't send them in. It'll cut off some schools I wanted to apply to, and that kind of sucks, but somehow I am going to get into an awesome program and I am gonna get an advanced degree even if I end up having to pay the mob to send one of their scary guys to stand in the shadowy corner of my room and make threatening gestures when I don't study.
updates Thursdays
Tellurider
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:17 am

Tellurider wrote:now that the US election is over, I can finally relax about the future of my country (my biggest worry was that we'd have some sort of disaster like in 2000) and focus on the next cloud of IMMINENT DOOM.

Don't rush to relax, let's see how the guy is turning out first.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Eve Z. on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:26 am

For a week and so I continously dream myself naked. yeah, casually walking naked on a beach that wasn't for nudists and nobody gave a damn as if it was something normal. Last night I was growing feathers on my back like I was turning into an angel. :o And my skin was so soft. I loved myself.

I need to smoke now.
All I want is sit on a bench in the park and smoke while little children stare at me.
Eve Z.
Dead Humanoid Walking

Postby Prettysenshi on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:49 am

I just woke up, and I had the best. sleep. of. my. life. I think the fact that Obama is president helped. It's just starting to hit me.

Now I'm off to work to hear all my GOP coworkers bitch and moan.
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Postby Killbert-Robby on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:50 am

This is the natural precedent to really walking out naked, and then being all "shitfuck I'm not asleep D:"
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby KWill on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:54 am

I had a terrible night. I went to donate blood yesterday, and after I was done, my arm felt sorer than usual. Five hours later, when I took off the bandage, my left arm was still oozing blood, had a couple ugly bruises and was slightly swollen around the puncture wound.
KWill
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:58 am

Eve Z. wrote:For a week and so I continously dream myself naked.

Was I there?
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:08 am

Tellurider wrote:now that the US election is over, I can finally relax about the future of my country (my biggest worry was that we'd have some sort of disaster like in 2000) and focus on the next cloud of IMMINENT DOOM.

I'm taking the chemistry GRE on Saturday, as in this Saturday, November 8, and I have NOT STUDIED AT ALL. Sure I took like 30 hours of chemistry classes in college. Sure my current job description is "chemist". But I'm kind of at a huge disadvantage to all the people taking this test while still IN college who learned this stuff last semester instead of three or four YEARS AGO.

It is all my own fault for not studying, I have brought this doom upon myself, and a national election that I already voted in by mail-in ballot a full week ago, thus making my part in it effectively over, is hardly any excuse no matter HOW big a deal it is. No, no I am just a slacker that would rather squander time hunting down episodes of the Daily Show and Colbert Report than invest any time into my future career and happiness.

So basically I'm an idiot and I'm stressed out and totally totally doomed and there's nothing I can do about it now and I just don't really know what to do with myself.

On the bright side, I don't *have* to have scores for this test for every university, so I can at least see what they are first and if they're total shit then I just won't send them in. It'll cut off some schools I wanted to apply to, and that kind of sucks, but somehow I am going to get into an awesome program and I am gonna get an advanced degree even if I end up having to pay the mob to send one of their scary guys to stand in the shadowy corner of my room and make threatening gestures when I don't study.

you can study all you want for subject specific GREs it's probably better that you didn't study as you're not expending too much time on things they're not going to ask you anyway. Relax, take a deep breath and just take the test, you'll do as well as you do.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Mvmarcz on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:22 am

Eve Z. wrote:I loved myself.

now have this without the wings :) Everyone should
NJ: "You know the drill, you're AWESOME!"
I am the artist formerly known as M2
Mvmarcz
Cartoon Hero

Postby Eve Z. on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:38 am

McDuffies wrote:
Eve Z. wrote:For a week and so I continously dream myself naked.

Was I there?

I dunno... let's see, were you? I think I can remember a 2-legged cat with orange fur and black stripes wearing a blue collar hanging around there too, but I'm not sure it was you because it wasn't showing any interest.
More, I was with a guy and unlike me, he's been wearing a bathsuit all the time.

Oh, yeah, and it was another dream where I was Eve and along with a guy, Adam we were just created by God. and the Big Daddy(God) appeared an he tested us and told us to hide next time we meet him and did so behind a wadrobe, and God punished us, sort of, and gave us clothes. Really Chic clothes, but no underwears. I was wearing a skirt, too. And then he sent us to the grocery store to buy meat.

And then, I don't know how, I got my clothes dirty - with cow puke.
Last edited by Eve Z. on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eve Z.
Dead Humanoid Walking

Postby Rkolter on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:39 am

Your dream just graduated from kinda sexy to kinda screwed up.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

PreviousNext

Return to Archives