Theories on Hirano's next manga

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Theories on Hirano's next manga

Postby Mars on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:38 am

Has anyone thought of what Mr. Hirano's next manga will be about? Maybe a sequel to Hellsing? Or, most likely, something more comedic?
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."
Mars
Regular Poster

Re: Theories on Hirano's next manga

Postby Xuanwu on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:29 pm

It won't be a Hellsing sequel. Current interviews suggest a pre-modern Japan crime mystery.

...I wonder how many Hellsing likenesses he'll slip in there, since he's very fond of recycling characters.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mars on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:26 am

I'm hoping for an Integra look-alike. She needs to be re-used (she and Walter)
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."
Mars
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:25 pm

And Rippy. In fact, I hope the manga has an Integra and Rippt look alike living with each other. Heh heh. :shucks:

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mars on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:01 am

And young Walter as Rippy's nephew! :D And WHIPS! And CLOUDCUCKOOLANDERNESS!

Ooh I got it!
Mars
Regular Poster

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:45 pm

Is he going to be continueing Dawn?
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:11 pm

Yes. The Dawn will continue. He said he would spend more time on it with Hellsing over, so we should get the answer to the question everyone wants to know: did Walter betray Hellsing or was he brainwashed in WW2?

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Winged Knight on Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Knowing Hirano, something with ecchi elements.
“You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.” Neil Gaiman

We'll drink the wine till the cup is dry,
and kiss the girls so they'll not cry,
and toss the dice until we fly
to dance with Jak o' the Shadows.
Winged Knight
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:06 pm

Mars wrote:Has anyone thought of what Mr. Hirano's next manga will be about? Maybe a sequel to Hellsing? Or, most likely, something more comedic?

I would like to hope it would be a Hellsing sequel, especially one centering on Seras Victoria.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Mars on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:23 pm

BigKwell wrote:
Mars wrote:Has anyone thought of what Mr. Hirano's next manga will be about? Maybe a sequel to Hellsing? Or, most likely, something more comedic?

I would like to hope it would be a Hellsing sequel, especially one centering on Seras Victoria.

Maybe, but I don't think Hirano wants to be remembered as the guy who did Hellsing. I think he wants to be the guy who wrote lots of things and had the funky art style.

Ooh I got it!
Mars
Regular Poster

Return to And Shine Heaven Now