Dungeon Crawl IC thread

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Narf the Mouse on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:17 am

You drowse off to the sounds of someone telling a story. The night passes uneventfully and the morning starts with somebody ringing a bell and yelling "Mornin'! Time to gerrup!"

Ah, life on the road. There's nothing like it.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:59 am

Korgan sits up and blinks himself awake then gropes around for his shorts. Once he's got his bit of coverage he takes a couple steps from his bedroll and begins his morning exercises. Much to the dismay of any who happen to notice him between the tents and wagons.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Thunderhowl on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:20 pm

Rowan rolls out of his bedroll, stretches and begins his morning ablution, after which he'll don his armour and start looking around for breakfast.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Narf the Mouse on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:04 pm

Korgan notices the Lovely Alicia leering at him on her way to start breakfast.

The caravan is starting to get going; people are moving, tents are going down, wagons are being completely loaded, an ox nearly steps on your foot, you can hear random cursing...

You can hear Alicia's beautifull voice screeching about "Breakfast! Get it now or never!"

Breakfast, it seems, is yesterdays' supper, rewarmed. There's a post with sign rammed into the ground nearby, with prices burnt on it.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:00 am

Korgan gets armored up and packs away the rest of his stuff. He walks over to the stewpots and buys himself a bowl and then keeps an eye out for Rowan.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Thunderhowl on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:31 pm

Rowan digs into a bowl of breakfast as well, readying himself for another day in search of adventure and excitement.

"Good morning Korgan. Did you sleep well?"
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Narf the Mouse on Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:31 am

...and that's when the crossbow bolt smacks into Korgans' bowl.

More tomorrow.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:10 am

"Well I kept having this dream about an oxe that-" crossbow bolt "By Kord's oiled buttocks!"
*Korgan drops the remains of his breakfast and looks around for the culprit.*
"Alright! Who's ruining my morning grub!?"
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Thunderhowl on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:20 am

Rowan drops his bowl and explodes to his feet, a dagger in each hand, looking around for their assailant.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Narf the Mouse on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:56 am

Hmm...Snapshots.

You hear, and see, the thudding of a scattered flight of crossbow bolts throughout the encampment. Seems Korgan just got the first one on his soup-bowl.

Looking towards their source, you see bandits surging out of the woods. Screams arise as they start cutting down people, red spurting through the air.

Around you, you see the caravaneers reach for weapons; staves, swords, axes, knives, anything heavy...

The guards start to run towards the assault...
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:26 am

Korgan charges the Bandits alongside Rowan, shouting "Stay close and follow my lead!"
Korgan will attack the first bandit with Righteous Brand and grant Rowan an additional +3 to attack.

((could someone please roll for me? Korgan gets +6 to attack with his mace.))
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Thunderhowl on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:03 am

Right. Switching daggers for Rapier, Rowan dashes toward the enemy alongside Korgan. I'll use my Sure Strike At Will power to make sure that I'll hit my first opponent, (giving me a total bonus of +5 after Korgan's +3)

Um...Now what do I roll? How are hit and damage calculated?
(You dang kids with your new fangled rules and such! :wink: :P )
*EDIT*
Attack and Damage Roll, estimated. (1d20+5=24, 1d6+2=4)

EDIT AGAIN!: Edited Damage Roll. (1d8+6=11)
Last edited by Thunderhowl on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:55 pm

((decided to make the roll since I was home and had time. 1d20=18 ))

Korgan strikes successfully with his mace!

((Mace and Strength 1d8 + 2=10, oh yeah, and 1/2 my level makes it 11, booya! MAX damage, this guys is toast!))
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Thanatos5150 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:57 pm

(Assuming Nightbreeze is accepted)

From the edge of the camp, a quick, lightly-armored man dashes forth and plants a shortsword into the side of a bandit.
"Hey! You guys look framilar! I rember something about skeletons... and Rats... fighteningly deadly rats... and I was scouting and..." The Rogue shivers as he recollects.

"Its scary, actually."

Sly Strike At-Will

1d20+8 (+4 dex, +3 Proficency with Short Sword, +1 Level)

Sly Strike! Dex vs. AC! (1d20+8=21)

((ER, either Sly Flourish or Deft Strike... whichever one was the At-Will vs. AC...))
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
User avatar
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:51 am
Location: Honshu, Japan

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Narf the Mouse on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:12 pm

Since the GM is lagardly :P , I'll give you guys initiative.

As the screaming mob of bandits charges into the tents, a group of about half a dozen seperates and goes to meet you. As you yourselves charge in, a fleeing washerwoman makes it to safety behind you and sensibly keeps on running.

Her face is a combination of fear and annoyance. Life on the road is hard and mentally toughening for more than adventurers.

Then you are upon the bandits and there is no more room for sightseeing.

Rowan: (To-Hit is still d20 + Stuff. Stuff includes one-half your level, rounded down. That's now your BAB. You can use a power to gain various bonuses to the roll and you can still improvise - In fact, there's guidelines for that. Page 42 of the DMG. Damage is still your weapon dice, but some powers multiply your dice. Typically, x1 for At-Will, x2 for Encounter and x3 for Daily, at level 1.)

You see a hollering, angry face in front of you with pale blue eyes and yellow hair. His helmet is patched leather and his armor the same, with some simple chain and scale bits here and there.

(And Invisible Castle is offline. Er, roll a d20 on your end and tell me what you get, ok? :) Everyone else, wait for Rowan to post again after my next post, so we can keep things in order)

Korgan: A scummy orc bares his fangs and snarls at you...Just before his head bursts like a ripe melon and you smash his neck down into his chest. His clay helmet didn't help much, either.

Nightbreeze: (Sly Flourish is Dex vs AC - you hit. It's also your weapon dice, 1d6, plus your Dexterity mod, plus your Charisma mod. Roll on your end, since Invisible Castle is down. :) )

You slash at the side of a trailing human, who has scaled armor and a well-kept mace. Being a sensible bandit, he's not leading the charge.

(Right, everybody wait till we get the rolling sorted out. I'll signal when the next round starts. :) I'll also do monster attacks then, once I know how many I have left. :)

PC races have monster manual entries now. Great for bandits. :D

The D&D Online Compendium is up; it's a searchable and filterable list of Stuff. Doesn't include MM monsters yet, but includes PHB, DMG and Dungeon and Dragon stuff. Signing up is still free. :)

Erm...'This concludes your friendly public broadcast'?)
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Thanatos5150 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:43 pm

Er.... Seven points of Damage. Natural 1 on the D6 roll.
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
User avatar
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:51 am
Location: Honshu, Japan

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Narf the Mouse on Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:11 pm

Rowan deftly cuts the throat out of Mr. Yellowhair. A second charging bandit screams and leaps the falling body, bringing a club down toward your head. For an elladrin, he's doing a good impression of an orc. 1d20 5=7, 1d4=2 A clumsy orc, too.

Korgan finds himself facing an ugly, mutated gnome swinging a shoddy mace and a scarred, snarling elf. 1d20 5=11, 1d4=4, 1d20 5=25, 1d4=2 Seems elves make better bonsters than gnomes.

Nightbreeze smacks this groups' leader in the chest; he grunts, halts his charge and turns towards Nightbreeze. There's a small scar above his left eye. "So, it's you..." he says. 1d20 7=9, 1d8 1=8 With that warning and maces not being easy to swing, his attack is easy to see coming - Although powerful.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:47 am

"Go back to your treehouse you ugly mouser-fletcher!" Korgan shouts at the elf as he swings up another attack.

((regular attack, no frills, 1d20 3=18 and 1d8 4=9
Rar! take that you level 1 bonster!))
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Thunderhowl on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:38 am

Rowan neatly sidesteps the clumsy attack of the elladrin bandit, and lunges in with a lightning fast riposte.
Sure Strike Attack plus damage on Club-weilder mook. (1d20+2=19, 1d8+6=7)
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Previous

 

Return to Weregeek



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot and 1 guest

cron