BlogTO @ FanExpo 2008 + How To Win Prizes

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

BlogTO @ FanExpo 2008 + How To Win Prizes

Postby Memorexia on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:37 am

Hello everyone, I’m Andrew Nguyen, writer from http://www.blogto.com, wanting to fill you in on some of the mini-games and goodies that BlogTO will be running throughout Fan Expo.

In previous months, I was in charge of doing coverage of Anime Expo. This year, I’ll be back in attendance at Fan Expo bigger and better than ever. And I’m hoping my coverage of Fan Expo will hit 100 comments and 100 recommendations with your help.

For those of you who have attended the convention, in previous years, can attest to a larger focus on the industry and lesser focus on the fans. However, we intend to change all that by trying to make your three-day convention weekend the most fun you’ve ever had.

Below is a breakdown of some of the mini-games we will be running in order to give you guys a chance to win loads of free goodies. So, how will you be able to find me?

I will be dressed up as well as either Allen Walker, from D-Gray Man or Akito from Air Gear carrying a large BlogTO picket sign. Think of it as a mini-Where’s Waldo, but I reassure that I’ll be easy to find.

Get Your Glomp On: Your first chance at prizes starts with our glomp counter. We really want to spread the love this year. And for those of you who don’t know what a glomp is, it’s the sound two bodies make when they collide or an extremely joyous hug. If you are the 50th, 100th, 150th and 200th person glomp me during the convention we will be giving out free copies of manga, DVDs and more.

There are simple rules to this, the first one being you can’t glomp me 50 times and get a prize. That’s called rape o.0 The second rule being no stalking, I’m really friendly and don’t bite, but I don’t want to be looking over my shoulder every couple of seconds.

Professional Pictures: The beauty of having BlogTO around is that we can take your picture professionally. For first time cosplayers, this is a great opportunity to join our amazing community. It takes hard strenuous labour, sometimes even all-nighters, to create a costume, but it is damn worth it in the end. Remember to give me your email if you would like me to send your profession pictures by email.

The only catch is in order to get those amazing pictures that you can show to all of your friends I ask that you help me meet my goal of 100 comments and 100 recommendations on my coverage of Fan Expo. A simple and sweet post about your experience at the convention – the more heartfelt the better – did anything quirky or exciting happen to you, a link to your photo gallery after the convention or things you would like changed for next year.

Lastly, I choose a variety of pictures to be featured in my articles. If you would like to be one of them come find me during the convention. I am open to bribes. Currently, I’m looking for MPD Psycho, Gunslinger Girl, Planetes, Mail, Emma and Me and the Devil Blues.

More Prizes?!: And if that wasn’t good enough, every 10th comment I receive on the article, I will be rewarding prizes to people (who can either come pick them up Saturday / Sunday) or have it mailed to them.

But wait, there’s more!

Dance-Off: Not good at drawing or naming that tune, but have watched every episode of So You Think You Can Dance and America’s Next Best Dance Crew, then this is the mini-game for you. There will be prizes for the winners.

The contest will feature the most popular anime and North American dance songs and mixes. Out dance your opponent in a one minute battle and have fun while doing it. This event will be hosted in the Masquerade Line-Up on Saturday, because who wants to spend time waiting in line.

If you aren't attending the convention, there are still ways you can participate remember to visit http://www.blogto.com when the Fan Expo coverage goes up on Friday or Saturday night.

If you wish to contact me, you can do so at andrewn@blogto.com
Memorexia

Return to Community Get-Togethers