Asking for criticism (Taking the Bi-pass)

Think your comic can improve? Whether it's art or writing, composition or colouring, feel free to ask here! Critique and commentary welcome.

Post Reply
User avatar
Cartoonme
Regular Poster
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:44 am
Location: Canaduh!
Contact:

Asking for criticism (Taking the Bi-pass)

Post by Cartoonme »

I have seen a bunch of topics requesting critiques of their work and seen some decent feedback so far so I thought I'd through my comic in to see what people think could use improvement/what I am doing right.

Feel free to let loose on me.

Here is a link to the page: Taking the Bi-pass.
Taking the Bi-pass
http://cartoonme.net

Image

User avatar
Koad
Regular Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Asking for criticism (Taking the Bi-pass)

Post by Koad »

Love the humor. I swear I've had this conversation with my wife: http://cartoonme.net/index.php?date=20080612
Image

User avatar
Nikara
Regular Poster
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 12:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Asking for criticism (Taking the Bi-pass)

Post by Nikara »

A nice comic. I really like the simplistic yet clean and colorful style. My only suggestion is that you continue building up your characters' personalities. Sometimes they get overshadowed by the joke, if you know what I mean... ^^

User avatar
Cartoonme
Regular Poster
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:44 am
Location: Canaduh!
Contact:

Re: Asking for criticism (Taking the Bi-pass)

Post by Cartoonme »

Thanks for the comments.

Nikara, I know exactly what you mean and this has been something that I have struggled with for a while. I think I don't take the time to develop them because I don't want to put in a comic without a joke. I know both can probably be done at the same time but I've had endless problems trying to build the characters and I would love to get suggestions on how to do this better.

If people can send me resources on this or send some tips that would be awesome as I know I need to build the characters better.
Taking the Bi-pass
http://cartoonme.net

Image

User avatar
Harishankar
Regular Poster
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:44 am

Re: Asking for criticism (Taking the Bi-pass)

Post by Harishankar »

Excellent comic. One of the few I've been able to follow properly. I love your characters as well, though it took me a while to figure out that the blonde was a man - somehow he looks too girlish to me :D sue me. . .

User avatar
Cartoonme
Regular Poster
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:44 am
Location: Canaduh!
Contact:

Re: Asking for criticism (Taking the Bi-pass)

Post by Cartoonme »

Thanks Harishankar,

I have heard this feedback from readers before but since the character is based off myself I don't want to cut the hair off. I really don't look that girlish in real life :)

Maybe I could square the jaw a little more though to make the character more masculine.
Taking the Bi-pass
http://cartoonme.net

Image

Post Reply