[SIGNUP] New Signup Page Problems (6/22/2008) [Solved]

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

[SIGNUP] New Signup Page Problems (6/22/2008) [Solved]

Post by STrRedWolf »

That's it, I'm rewriting the signup page! Signups are disabled until the new page is up and coded, hopefully by the end of today.

Comments will be disabled until I finish it up. Signup problems with the new system will be accepted here.

Okay, new page is up in glorious PHP. If you have a problem with *THIS* signup page, post here in this topic. You'll may find it a bit looser on the restrictions to boot, but we still need the info in most legal cases.

If the page works, but you can't get an account, this isn't the topic for you.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!

ShuKEK

Re: [SIGNUP] New Signup Problems (6/22/2008)

Post by ShuKEK »

Hello, the page doesnt work. If I press "Verify" it basically reloads the same page but removing all the infos I gave... so.......... yah!

-Shu

Edit: I use Mizilla Firefox (latest version, farely sure)

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

ShuKEK wrote:Hello, the page doesnt work. If I press "Verify" it basically reloads the same page but removing all the infos I gave... so.......... yah!

-Shu
Check your comic your uploading as a sample. It must not be larger than 500K and be in JPEG, GIF, or PNG format. Usually when it comes back blank, the comic you used didn't upload correctly. Try again (your signup was NOT saved).
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

ShuKEK

Post by ShuKEK »

its like...... 122kb and a JPEG =/

edit: 115,7K
edit2: i tried MANY time =S

EDIT3: tried to upload sample here but imageshak/thiswebsite/i unno is banned.

EDIT4: I FOUND WHY!! my city is "L'Islet" and it seems the page couldnt support the use of a ' ... so yay.!

ShuKEK

Post by ShuKEK »

ouch. yeh. so like when it worked. I closed the window and didnt fully read what it was saying and... im not able to login on the site?

edit: got the email. thought i missed a task xD

edit2: I dont wanna be mean or rude. but your signup pages ARE REALLY hard to not hate...

I GUESS ill just resign up under a new name...... because now it says my password is wrong. eventhough its all small caracters and IT IS the right one...
srsly. plz upgrade your signup thingy to NOT be painfull. I mean sure its important to be sure theres no bot but like... OOOWWWW... id srsly just through my keyboard at my screen right now if I wouldnt really be TRYING HARD to stop me from doing it.

Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dr Neo Lao »

It's our way of weeding out spammers. :P

Only people that really, really want a free hosting account will persevere enough to get in. But once done, it is sooo worth it. :D

ShuKEK

Post by ShuKEK »

Dr Neo Lao wrote:It's our way of weeding out spammers. :P

Only people that really, really want a free hosting account will persevere enough to get in. But once done, it is sooo worth it. :D

I know its worth it but every step of "Verify" ended up being a pain because it wasnt working =S

Like .. awww... can just somone with that power PM me the admin name and password to my "webcomic" =S

-Shu

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

Excuse me a minute.

*puts on admin hat, and thwaps Neo over the head*

Now where was I... oh yes. You should have gotten an error message in red at the top of the page when it failed some security checks (no quotes or single quotes are allowed). If it returned you to the signup list, then it failed and should tell you why in red letters.

IF IT FAILS AND DOESN'T TELL YOU WHY then hit the back button, take screenshots of your data, and send it to me via tygris (at) comicgenesis (dot) com. I am in Pittsburgh attending Anthrocon at this time, and will be slow at getting it fixed (maybe not until Tuesday), but it will get fixed. Please understand it was a one-day hack of a port job I did, and it will be refined (the final version will be in the CG style).
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

ShuKEK wrote: I know its worth it but every step of "Verify" ended up being a pain because it wasnt working =S

Like .. awww... can just somone with that power PM me the admin name and password to my "webcomic" =S

-Shu
This is on the signup.php page or the siteadmin:8080/cgi-bin/verify.cgi page?
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

ShuKEK

Post by ShuKEK »

STrRedWolf wrote:
ShuKEK wrote: I know its worth it but every step of "Verify" ended up being a pain because it wasnt working =S

-Shu
This is on the signup.php page or the siteadmin:8080/cgi-bin/verify.cgi page?
I got the email and copy-paste the code:
Verify E-mail with code:
Activation code (case sensitive): sdfsdfsfsfsf(not real code)
than I "Verify"

and it says this
Account E-Mail has been verified
Verify E-mail with code
Activation code (case sensitive):
and if i give the code again and reverify, itll, again:
Account E-Mail has been verified
Verify E-mail with code
Activation code (case sensitive):

and if i click "Back to Login"

and i dont have any password or anything so im stucked there.

To answer your question, it is on the

http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com:8080/ ... eation.cgi

=S

-Shu

Edit: Maybe its working fine... but............. I wish it'll tell me haha
I also resigned up with same name of site(shukek), and instead of the comic being named Shu KEK, its as ShuKEK
and with a dif email address. i hope it wont fuck up. = /
I resigned BEFORE you guys reply to my previous "reply"

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

Okay. Since it's verified now, sit back and relax a bit. You'll get another email in about 14 days saying you're approved, here's your login information. We intentionally delay to review the submissions.

While you're waiting, get more strips ready to go. Follow the guides at http://cgwiki.comicgenesis.com (ignore http://gear.comicgenesis.com, I need to kill that)
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dr Neo Lao »

*rubs head* Sorry about that, should have known better... :(

Has the default template been changed? Several new people are reporting that they "can only see black". Most of the new comics look like this - flat black with zero text or images in IE, looks fine in FF (including FF3). Not sure about other browsers.

I looked over the code, but didn't see any stand-out problems, so it's probably something subtle, like an unclosed tag or something...

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

Dr Neo Lao wrote:*rubs head* Sorry about that, should have known better... :(

Has the default template been changed? Several new people are reporting that they "can only see black". Most of the new comics look like this - flat black with zero text or images in IE, looks fine in FF (including FF3). Not sure about other browsers.

I looked over the code, but didn't see any stand-out problems, so it's probably something subtle, like an unclosed tag or something...
It may be that top banner bar Kisai just applied to everyone. Damn... make a seperate topic about it so Kisai notices it.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

Jenkesh

Post by Jenkesh »

I have had a similar problem with creating an account. I've verified that the sample image is within the required parameters, the image size being only 240kb. Every time I select 'verify' it seems to just reload the page, with no error codes of any kind appearing. Is there anyway I could get around this?

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

Jenkesh wrote:I have had a similar problem with creating an account. I've verified that the sample image is within the required parameters, the image size being only 240kb. Every time I select 'verify' it seems to just reload the page, with no error codes of any kind appearing. Is there anyway I could get around this?
Follow the instructions that I gave up top, so I can pin-point the bug.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

Jenkesh

Post by Jenkesh »

Thanks, done and done. I hope it helps!

Gaisen-sama

Post by Gaisen-sama »

Hi!

I submitted my comic sample today to comic genesis. Everything went right. So then, all excited, I tried to log in to Comic Genesis but it said I needed a forum username and password to log in. So I go and create both of them, and then try to log in again. I just couldn't log in, it says that the username is invalid, yet, here I am posting on this forum. Maybe I have to wait until my comic is reviewed and wait for an e-mail, and then I'll be able to log in to comic genesis?

Gaisen-sama

Post by Gaisen-sama »

Nevermind. I think I know what's going on. My comic is still waiting approval. *bangs head on the desk for wasting time being a newb*

Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dr Neo Lao »

*hugz*

It's okay - we all have to start somewhere. :D

Sleepymonk11

Post by Sleepymonk11 »

Okay, here it goes:

I've signed up, waited the appropriate amount of time, got my Forum (obviously) and FTP account set up and activated and waited the appropriate amount of time again.

Whenever I try to login I'm told that my username/password is wrong. I've tried flat out turning off my firewall and anti-virus and still nothing. I'm at a loss. What do I do?

Is there any other that I can include that might help you understand the problem or is this common?