Uh... Um... Oh yeah

Postby Bing on Fri Apr 20, 2001 1:46 am

This is my comic. The comic is mine. This means I have to draw it for htere to be a comic....<P>It has taken me some time to work this through my sluggish mind, and I guess I have to be the one to do something about it.<P>Sorry GA's been away for so long, and I can only say there's going to be one more week until I can begin GA again. Why? There's the little matter of my assessed essays to deal with, and trust me, they DO suck all the energy and creativity out of you. For the morbidly curious (or those with nothing better to do), here's a little taster. And remember, I have to write three essays, 9000 words in total, of something like this:<P>--------------
The process of globalisation has posed new challenges for cities. Economically, cities are experiencing the change from a Fordist industrial economy to a post Fordist service based economy. Whilst some cities are plunged into economic and social crisis by deindustrialisation, there are others who belong to the pantheon of "global cities" which act as the command and control centres of the world economy (Sassen, 1994, Ohmae, 1990). In both cases there is a switch in urban governance from managerialism to a local entrepreneurial approach, the result of the increasing mobility of private capital, and growing scarcity of public funds.
--------------<P>Yes, I know it's rubbish. But it's a lot of rubbish. And I'm lazy.<P>Anyway, GA will be back.<P>Cheerio
Bing
Regular Poster

Postby Kasaii on Sat Apr 21, 2001 6:08 am

Glad to know you're still with us, Bing.
We can wait another week.
Kasaii
Regular Poster

Postby Seishirou on Sat Apr 21, 2001 9:29 am

Oh well, you know you can at least post something earlier, we thought you were dead!<P>Anyway, have more fun with your essay.<P>P.S. never trust him on the one week thing, it's more likely to be at least two weeks before he can be bothered to do something.<P>------------------
Will you be my <A HREF="http://bing.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Guardian Angel</A>?
Seishirou

Postby Eunice_P on Tue Apr 24, 2001 4:42 am

Eunice_P
Regular Poster

Return to Guardian Angel