Random drawings and other such things

The happening place to be. Unless you go somewhere else that's more stimulating.

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Paul Escobar on Thu May 15, 2008 7:50 am

Bloodied Fox wrote:It's also fun to watch as a Brit, marvelling that Hugh Laurie has gone from playing upper class twits to becoming a sex symbol in the US

I've never seen an episode of House either, but now I'm curious - is the House character a Briton or an American? I really like Hugh Laurie as an actor, but I'm having trouble imagining him not speaking with a distinct Oxford diction.
User avatar
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: State of Flux

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Bloodied Fox on Thu May 15, 2008 9:12 am

The character is American and Laurie's accent is really quite stunning. Since I'm not American I can't exactly give an informed opinion, but it seems pretty damn convincing to me. Look up some clips online and you can judge for yourself.
Image
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
User avatar
Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 am
Location: Jolly Old England

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Thu May 15, 2008 10:40 am

I didn't know he was faking the accent. Bob Hoskins fooled me too.
Image
User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
 
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Paul Escobar on Thu May 15, 2008 11:03 am

Bloodied Fox wrote:The character is American and Laurie's accent is really quite stunning. Since I'm not American I can't exactly give an informed opinion, but it seems pretty damn convincing to me. Look up some clips online and you can judge for yourself.

Found a few House clips on YouTube, and he sounds convincingly American to me, too. Then again, English isn't my first language, so I'm probably easy to fool here.

And Jesus Christ on a pogostick, two thirds of the search results of anything on YouTube seems to be bits of TV shows that some twat dubbed a completely irrelevant song onto. Those things are spreading like a virus. A pox on them.

This delicious clip was among "related videos": Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry on the subject of language. (For those who've only seen Laurie in House, this is how he usually speaks in his British roles.) Listening to Stephen Fry going off on a tangent in impeccable English is like having an orgasm in the ears. Yum.
User avatar
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: State of Flux

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am

Image

I hate those youtube clips with music dubbed behind them. They fucking suck more that a gay vacuum at a banana party.
Image
User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
 
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Pravus on Thu May 15, 2008 12:05 pm

Paul Escobar wrote:
Bloodied Fox wrote:The character is American and Laurie's accent is really quite stunning. Since I'm not American I can't exactly give an informed opinion, but it seems pretty damn convincing to me. Look up some clips online and you can judge for yourself.

Found a few House clips on YouTube, and he sounds convincingly American to me, too. Then again, English isn't my first language, so I'm probably easy to fool here.

And Jesus Christ on a pogostick, two thirds of the search results of anything on YouTube seems to be bits of TV shows that some twat dubbed a completely irrelevant song onto. Those things are spreading like a virus. A pox on them.

This delicious clip was among "related videos": Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry on the subject of language. (For those who've only seen Laurie in House, this is how he usually speaks in his British roles.) Listening to Stephen Fry going off on a tangent in impeccable English is like having an orgasm in the ears. Yum.


God, I still can't believe he's british. I actually think he sounds better as a Burned out american than an English Bourgeoisie. I also agree about the FMVS. I hate those fucking things, although FMV hell was pretty funny. And TSL, nice pic. He's a mexican street vendor this time?
Image
User avatar
Pravus
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1341
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: This important thing is not to be where I am

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Hungrywolf on Thu May 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Pravus wrote: And TSL, nice pic. He's a mexican street vendor this time?


He would need an sombrero for that.
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Thu May 15, 2008 12:30 pm

Nah, there's some weird meme about a "sack of oranges" over in the main forum. I figured, why not jump on that bandwagon?

Speaking of mexican street vendors, there's this legendary guy in chicago that goes from bar to bar with a cooler full of tamales and sells them to drunk people. I've met this guy and sampled his tamale. It was exquisite. We know him as the Tamale Guy.
Image
User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
 
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Hungrywolf on Thu May 15, 2008 12:34 pm

TheSuburbanLetdown wrote:I've met this guy and sampled his tamale. It was exquisite.


I'm sorry but this made me LOL.

I'll go sit in the corner now.
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Pravus on Thu May 15, 2008 12:50 pm

what are tamales?
Image
User avatar
Pravus
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1341
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: This important thing is not to be where I am

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Paul Escobar on Thu May 15, 2008 12:56 pm

Pravus wrote:God, I still can't believe he's british. I actually think he sounds better as a Burned out american than an English Bourgeoisie.

Well, he is from Oxford. This is Laurie in his natural non-acting and very British accent, being interviewed by Michael Parkinson.

Hungrywolf wrote:
TheSuburbanLetdown wrote:I've met this guy and sampled his tamale. It was exquisite.

I'm sorry but this made me LOL.

I'll go sit in the corner now.

I read Suburban's post as completely innuendo-free information. But after reading your post, it reads like one big sexual euphemism. Damn.
User avatar
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: State of Flux

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Hungrywolf on Thu May 15, 2008 12:58 pm

Tamales are steamed cooked corn dough usually called "masa" filled with meat or sometimes cheese and peppers wrapped in a corn husk.

Image

Theres tons of street vendors near the border I might add. Basically the first stands you see are all food carts. From tacos, to tamales, and groditas. Its kinda weird seeing that stuff being prepared out doors. But people do love eating there.


Yeah my brain still wired like a high school freshman, sorry. v_v
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Pravus on Thu May 15, 2008 1:10 pm

MMmmmmm.....
Image
User avatar
Pravus
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1341
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: This important thing is not to be where I am

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Tue May 20, 2008 12:01 pm

Paul Escobar wrote:
Hungrywolf wrote:
TheSuburbanLetdown wrote:I've met this guy and sampled his tamale. It was exquisite.

I'm sorry but this made me LOL.

I'll go sit in the corner now.

I read Suburban's post as completely innuendo-free information. But after reading your post, it reads like one big sexual euphemism. Damn.

The correct answers is, you're both right.
Image
User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
 
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Hungrywolf on Tue May 20, 2008 4:14 pm

Success!!!
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Pravus on Tue May 20, 2008 5:09 pm

Or failure, depending on how you look at it
Image
User avatar
Pravus
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1341
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: This important thing is not to be where I am

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Hungrywolf on Tue May 20, 2008 5:37 pm

Which way are you looking at it?
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Pravus on Tue May 20, 2008 5:45 pm

every way
Image
User avatar
Pravus
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1341
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: This important thing is not to be where I am

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Hungrywolf on Tue May 20, 2008 5:50 pm

Then I guess...

Image

apperantly... >_>
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Re: Random drawings and other such things

Postby Pravus on Wed May 21, 2008 12:38 pm

you want some beer?
Image
User avatar
Pravus
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1341
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: This important thing is not to be where I am

PreviousNext

 

Return to End of Things, The



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron